RPG Training and Trainers

Topic started by Rain_Man on Dec. 5, 2008. Last post by SamJaz 9 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Safeguard (17 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Would anyone mind helping out the new guy? I have previous forum RPGing experience from many other sites so I know the basics -and many some of the advance stuff too- but I may not exactly know the gears of this community. So I was kinda hoping that someone could show me the ropes. I promise that I'll be good student.

Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Safeguard: What do you need to know? Ask me, I'll do my best to help

@Kuro_San: The first thing that comes to mind is that is there anything currently happening that when I begin RPGing may affect the scenery? Also, does this place have word count quota? I didn't see anything about it in the rules but I just want to make sure.

@Safeguard: @Safeguard: No, there isnt a word quota, write as much or less as you please.

The Current event is All Hell Break Loose, where the Villain Character Newdeath, an alien warlord, took advantage of a cosmic alignment that enhanced his and his troops powers and blitzed the whole world.

He destroyed most of Europe, conquered Australia and now is in Washington DC.

Start Making your character bio, read other characters bio to get inspired and then you can choose between entering th event or joining another thread, or just creating your own...

The effect your character causes is determined by what you do...

http://www.animevice.com/forums/rpg/34/official-guide-to-the-anime-vice-rpg-universe/324298/#1

http://www.animevice.com/forums/rpg/34/official-rpg-rules/200206/#1

This are the 2 basic palces you need to read to understand our modality of playing, and there are some cool links to help you create a character

@Kuro_San: Thank you. And I've already written up the skeleton of my bio. It's in the mini-bio. I didn't want to create a thread for it. It seemed a little unnecessary since I already have it readily available. Do I need to create one or is that just the norm around here?

Post by Masako_Hihashi (594 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Safeguard: I'm Kuro-san in another account, I like how it started, you should flesh his story and the origin of his powers out, you can choose whatever style you like, I'm personally inclined to more Manga/Anime themed characters, but you are free of using whatever story and origin you want is only a matter of styles. You could be a nice addition to the heroes in the Viceverse....

@Masako_Hihashi: You sure like playing the villain role.

Anyway, I'm still working on the bio but I've found that it is much easier to flesh out after doing an RPG or two with the character. That way, I can figure out what works and what doesn't. Plus, the extra time can help me think of some ideas in the meanwhile.

@Safeguard:

Great, I have a lot of free time if you want a test fight of your character, I'll use another character, since this one is kind of too freaking vicious to set him loose on a newcomer. Or A test Story RP, In fact I have a good idea using my Kuro-san Account

And for the record I have 2 Heroes, 1 neutral and 2 Villains, and I like playing heroes much more than Villains, I started playing a hero, is easier. I made villains becouse the forum had some but they were three or four against 10 to 15 Heroes. Even if the villains are usually more powerful....

@Masako_Hihashi: Oh sure, I'd be glad to do a story with you. Send a pm to me with what you have in mind with your Kuro-san character.

Thanks a lot of the welcome, I really appreciate it.

@Safeguard: I'll do it tomorrow, or later tonight, right now I'm posting with Masakon other thread

@Masako_Hihashi: Sure thing. I'm in no rush.

Post by this_is_riddle (201 posts) See mini bio Level 10

This was a thread O_O I wish I would have known about this when I first started XD

@Safeguard: I love your character btw :) I am currently in my villain account but I am more likely to RP with my hero Crow (Lobos_Del_Rayo)

@this_is_riddle: I found this using the Official Guide, thread literally at the top of the RPG board. But thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@this_is_riddle: You could have even gotten Sonata as a trainer. He's pretty good. Taught me everything I needed to know.

ND

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,751 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Safeguard: @Newdeath: lol well luckily I was able to teach myself and I got to say I'm not half bad :)

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: You're actually the best right now :P

ND

Post by this_is_riddle (201 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Newdeath: lol no way I am no where near the best :P I am still a rookie you guys are the veterans

@this_is_riddle: Well you're definitely on your way to being the best :)

ND

@this_is_riddle:

I wanted to link You're the Best by Joe Esposito but for some reason youtube isnt allowing it...

Post by Sonata (35,097 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@this_is_riddle: You are a fantastic writer, and great to work with as well:)
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel