RPG Ideas Thread

Topic started by Slinger on Dec. 4, 2008. Last post by Sonata 4 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Kuro_San (1,344 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Sonata: I'm starting the ooc and tonight I'll write the Thread

Post by Guyver (3,415 posts) See mini bio Level 14

I was thinking about doing something "Non-Canon" related. I had originally planned to write this pitch(Animalia) in the form of a Fanfiction a couple of years ago, but I never got around to it.

The plot itself is a mixture of The Lord of the Rings, Final Fantasy, and the Golden Compass. It takes place in an Earth-like world, where the lands are divided into various rival kingdoms; consisting of men, elves, and other terrestial humanoid species. Using The Touch-- a natural force within every Animalian inhabitant, that allows them to spiritually bond to a creature known as Soul Kins-- warring factions waged relentless battles against one another, with the aid of their tamed beasts. Somewhere in the midst of the Second Age, an ancient evil would arise from underground and seek out revenge for being imprisoned. No match for the warrior race and their dragons alone, the free kingdoms and tribes of the planet agreed to form a coalition unlike any other, in an effort to stop this new enemy from destroying their home.

These are rough-written outlines I have for the factions that would be available to choose from in the RPG:

The Nomads: They are the mammal-tamers(excluding felines) of Animalia. Usually traveling in small tribes, The Nomads are the largest populous of humans in the entire world, living throughout the land and easily adapting to any environment. Despite this, they are easily conquered by their brothers in humanity--The Leo Empire-- since there is no real unification between the many tribes and are mistakingly seen as ignorant savages, due to their strong, spiritually-rooted traditional beliefs and ways. During times of war, tribal leaders temporarily unite together, to fight wars they cannot win alone.

Beasts usually used as Soul Kins: Mammoths, Bears, Horses, Wolves, ground sloths, rhinos, apes, and other mammals(excluding felines).

The Leo Empire: A warrior-like race of humans, and big cat masters. They are the Roman-esque powerhouse of Animalia, constantly wanting to expand their powerful and influential empire. Unfond of their "inferior" human counterparts, the invincible Leo Knights are dispatched into the land to seize control of Nomad territory and sometimes abduct, to serve as slaves for construction and other duties. They have been wanting to successfully invade the heart of the oceanic kingdom overseas, but their monstrous fleets are never a match for their seafaring rivals.

Beasts usually used as Soul Kins: Saber-toothed Tigers, Lions, Tigers, Leopards, Panthers, Cheetahs, and other feline creatures.

Kingdom of Pacifea: Having evolved from early humans, the Pacifeans are a humanoid race. Generally superior than humans in every aspect, these aquatic-survivors can breathe underwater; can live up to 200 years; and possess tough, scaley skin. Pacifea is the most technologically-advanced kingdom in the known realm. Their expansion stretches across an elongated aisle of adjacent islands. However, the capitol lies in an underwater city, protected by a nigh-impregnable energy barrier. Though a people mainly devoted to the study of science and preferring to live an isolated existence from the other factions, the mighty Pacifeans are quick to counterattack Leo Empire naval forces.

Beasts usually used as Soul Kins: Sharks, Orcas, Whales, Dolphins, Leapord Seals, Polar Bears, Walruses, Giant Squids, and other marine creatures.

Evelonia: Home of the Sky Elves, the pointy-eared aviators and the artisans of Animalia. Evelonia's main city remains boundlessly drifting over the skies, though the majority of Elves live in the mountainous region, just below it. They are immortal, but can be killed. And are slightly weaker and smaller than the average human being. Being the brilliant crafters that they are, the Sky Elves have managed to build crude designs of various aircrafts, such as small airplanes and blimps for trading purposes. The Leo Empire had once asked the fliers of Evelonia to lend their aerial and archery skills before the attempted invasion of Pacifea, in return for peace between the Sky Elves and the Empire. The Evelonians would refuse. A short-lived battle ensued afterwards, resulting in a truce between the two factions.

Beasts usually used as Soul Kins: Griffins, Terror Birds, Eagles, Falcons, Hawks, Condors, Bats, and other winged creatures.

The Antennites: Living in the dense jungles of Animalia, the Antennites are the evolved descendants of early elves. Hairless and possessing a natural, triple-jointed physique, Antennites belong to family clans. Secrecy is their weapon of choice. Resembling the ninjas of Japan, warring clans usually engage in guerilla warfare, instead of directly facing the enemy. Each clan is lead by a single matriarch. She is the one that decides class ranks and when to declare war. Aside from being professional assassins, the insect-tamers of the jungle are experienced medicine-makers. On occassion, Sky Elves will come down from the mountains and raid Antennite villages, in search of herbal cures and remedies to fight illnesses back at Evelonia.

Beasts usually used as Soul Kins: Arachnids, Scorpions, Wasps, Giant Ants, Beetles, Centipedes, etc.

Swamp Dwarves: Nearly an extinct race, Swamp Dwarves live in some of the most hostile forest areas in the land. Frequently facing mindless trolls and swamp giants, the short-statured cousins of man live in tight-knit communities, in order to ensure the continuation of their people. Despite their small-ish appearance, Swamp Dwarves are some of the toughest and most strong-willed creatures you will find in Animalia. They are true survivors, usually found living in remote caverns and marshes. Among their many qualities, Dwarves are excellent miners and blacksmiths. Few will leave the swamps and trade weapons or minerals for food with local villagers. Others might even enlist to do heavy work for The Leo Empire.

Beasts usually used as Soul Kins: Crocodiles, Snakes, Komodo Dragons, Lizards, Turtles, Tortoises, and other reptiles.

The bad guys: I don't have a name for them yet, but they are an ancient evil, who have been waiting to be released into the world. They will make "The Touch" with dragon-like creatures. It will take the combined forces of the planet to stop their plans.

This is merely a rough draft, but if this RPG happens, I will have a finalized version later on in the future :)

@Guyver: Wasnt Animalia the name of a floating island in one of the power rangers seasons? XD

If I play I'll surely used a Nomad with a Bear Soul Kin

I don't recall xD
Post by UsachanMaN (4,612 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Guyver: Ooooooooh I like the sound of this! :D I'm torn between Nomad and Evelonia. If I go with Nomad, I might go with either wolf or horse. And if I go with Evelonia, I might go with hawk...lol you know why ;)

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,897 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Guyver: sounds pretty cool I'm usually not interested in Non canon stuff but this definitely sounds interesting. There are so many choices I haven't decided yet I am stuck on Evelonia and Kingdom of Pacifea

@UsachanMaN:

I was gonna go with either Nomad or a Sky Elf, too lol. Of course, Father of Hawk xD But I think I might go with an arrogant Leo Knight.

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: You gotta change it up a bit :P

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,897 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Guyver: I know but I just love writing as Crow it hard to change from that mind set and when I do try to do something Non Canon I always make a version of Crow. I'm going to try to do something different this time around so many choices though :P

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: That's understandable.

@Guyver said:

@UsachanMaN:

I was gonna go with either Nomad or a Sky Elf, too lol. Of course, Father of Hawk xD But I think I might go with an arrogant Leo Knight.

Ha! Great minds think alike :P LOL XD Oh that'll be cool to see! :D

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: A change is always good :D You'll be able to explore writing in different character styles and that'll strengthen your skill as a writer :D

I'll surely use Udyr from LoL as the look for my character and I'll call him Brother Bear

@Kuro_San: is that a reference from the Disney movie? ;P

Post by Zella_Thorn (735 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Guyver: Interesting idea I'll think about it:P

@UsachanMaN: No, I know the movie but I used Brother as in Monk

@Kuro_San: Oh I see

@Zella_Thorn:

Okay lol!

Post by Dahlia_Magenta (814 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Guyver: Hmm guess this Idea never took off:(
Post by SamJaz (13,024 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Dahlia_Magenta: Yep. Bored. Wanna go do something fun?

@Dahlia_Magenta: I just never got around to it. Been busy.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel