RPG Ideas Thread

Topic started by Slinger on Dec. 4, 2008. Last post by Sonata 2 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Morita_Shunsuke (1,029 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I guess XD
Post by Triton (156 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Slinger said:
"Triton said:
"Morita_Shunsuke said:
"O_O how a remake of one of our old RPG on the vine but with these new characters :D"
I want this site to be as original as possible......"
I agree, I think the canon universe should be drastically different in obvious ways."
Yep Agreed. I don't want any mention of any characters from the Vine or any vine like RPGs. 
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I wouldn't mind a crossover event now and then, but Slinger's definitely living in orbit aboard a massive space-station and making frequent trips to other star-systems here. I really think it would be cool if we made this continuity more expansive than just Earth, or even just to move away from New York and Paris once in a while.
so is this the same Slinger or like an alternate universe?
Post by Hawk (272 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Triton said:
"so is this the same Slinger or like an alternate universe?"
Earth ANIME
YAY :D
He's completely different (aside from being a swordsman), the name's mostly just to avoid confusion about who I am. Slinger here has nothing to do with Slinger on any of the other three sites other than them all being my screen-name.

I guess alternate universe is accurate (assuming that AV is an alternate universe to CV,) but even then, it's not like the DC multi-verse, where the same person might be somewhat different. Slinger on AV is an entirely new and different person.
Triton is similar to Mer in powers..... but thats about it lol
Post by Rain_Man (1,318 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Winchester said:
"

Search for the philosopher’s stone
Since the dawn of time, since the birth of man there have been stories of legendary items of incredible power. These items are told to give a person untold power, immortal life or riches beyond there wildest dreams. The thing is these items of legend are always a mystery, a myth, just a simple story being passed down through out the ages always changing from one generation to the next. As time went on as the stories changed it became clear that these items may not even exist and that searching for them was a fool’s journey. One of these items was the legendary philosopher’s stone, a stone said to have been created by alchemists of incredible power who sought even more power and immortality. The stone is said to grant a person power beyond there wildest dreams, giving them eternal life. The stone like all the others was never found, but there had been other stones like it. Fake stones, simple clones using the research of many alchemists. This item is what all men both good, evil and neutral have been searching for, for many centuries, all wanting it for different reasons.

• This will be open to everyone.
  • Don’t god mod (Destroy the world or any thing like that)
  • Don’t control other people’s characters unless they give you permission.
  • Try and make your post at least a paragraph but if you’re new to the whole RPG thing then don’t worry if your post is short. No one will judge or make fun of you.
  • Remember about the philosopher’s stone, it’s a very difficult item to find and it may not even be real so don’t have your first post be you finding the stone. Create a story build up it up. Also remember there are a lot of fake stones out there so a lot of the times if you think you have found the real stone it’s probably fake.
  • This RPG can be used to make allies with others.
  • Have a fun and if it gets enough interest I’ll explain more in my opening post.

(Sorry not very good at explaining things lol)

"
hmm.....sounds.....GREAT!
Post by Resonate (625 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I think one of the first things we need to do is set a standard for what we want our anime world/multiverse to be like, I know on CV that it's easy to pick the land and whatnot, we generally use the actual world.

But here, now that we're anime, we can do just about anything RPG wise...so what should the world generally look like?
Resonate said:
"I think one of the first things we need to do is set a standard for what we want our anime world/multiverse to be like, I know on CV that it's easy to pick the land and whatnot, we generally use the actual world.

But here, now that we're anime, we can do just about anything RPG wise...so what should the world generally look like?"
That's exactly what I've been saying. I really think that Anime Vice should have a pan-galactic feel with a multitude of different worlds to play around on instead of just Earth. I know that when I write up AV Slinger's bio he's going to be at least to some degree geared for space travel. I also think it would be cool to have the setting some time in the distant future, that would give us access to all kinds of cool tech.
Post by Resonate (625 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Slinger said:
"Resonate said:
"I think one of the first things we need to do is set a standard for what we want our anime world/multiverse to be like, I know on CV that it's easy to pick the land and whatnot, we generally use the actual world.

But here, now that we're anime, we can do just about anything RPG wise...so what should the world generally look like?"
That's exactly what I've been saying. I really think that Anime Vice should have a pan-galactic feel with a multitude of different worlds to play around on instead of just Earth. I know that when I write up AV Slinger's bio he's going to be at least to some degree geared for space travel. I also think it would be cool to have the setting some time in the distant future, that would give us access to all kinds of cool tech."
Of course, and yeah, I dont think that any of our planets should be earth, unless it's some cryptic post apocalyptic era or so
Resonate said:
"Slinger said:
"Resonate said:

That's exactly what I've been saying. I really think that Anime Vice should have a pan-galactic feel with a multitude of different worlds to play around on instead of just Earth. I know that when I write up AV Slinger's bio he's going to be at least to some degree geared for space travel. I also think it would be cool to have the setting some time in the distant future, that would give us access to all kinds of cool tech."
Of course, and yeah, I dont think that any of our planets should be earth, unless it's some cryptic post apocalyptic era or so"
lol apocalyptic you wanna destroy the world already?!

gosh evil people! :P lol
Idk, having Earth in the mix might be cool, though I could easily see the temptation for people to keep going back to it or using it as a default setting instead of using one of the many diverse new systems available to us. I like calling Earth "Terra" instead, but then again, I'm a Battletech fan, so that may be why.
Slinger said:
"Idk, having Earth in the mix might be cool, though I could easily see the temptation for people to keep going back to it or using it as a default setting instead of using one of the many diverse new systems available to us. I like calling Earth "Terra" instead, but then again, I'm a Battletech fan, so that may be why."
O_O I had no idea I thought you like old stuff like the knights etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  XD
Oh, I like the idea of knights, and chivalry, and all that jazz, but nothing beats modern convenience. Well, maybe future convenience does. XD
I'm making something up :)
then make it .lol
Slinger said:
"Oh, I like the idea of knights, and chivalry, and all that jazz, but nothing beats modern convenience. Well, maybe future convenience does. XD"
lol
Post by TheDrifter (663 posts) See mini bio Level 5

i need to join a team
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel