RPG Ideas Thread

Topic started by Slinger on Dec. 4, 2008. Last post by Sonata 2 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Sonata (35,398 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@shadowknight666: My Sorceress character Solstice possibly. Or my Yandere character Sicily.

Post by ownagepants (382 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Kuma_From_Argentina: @SamJaz: Oh my god i saw one of Galenbeta's old threads that had been revived for some reason anyways kuma gave off a list of why Galen was banned and i thought he was exaggerating no one could possibly be that bad so i did a little research well honestly it was more like reading a really scattered novel one you all had starring roles in.

Sam what happened between him and you in the Star wars thread was one of the greatest exchanges i have ever seen on a forum it was like you were trying to explain nuclear physics to a ferret .And then you hijacked his thread i didn't even know you could do that but it was hilarious .

Kuma you gave him six legitimate reasons why he sucked and in response he called you a last minute punk and i almost fell out of my chair from laughing at how stupid his response was.

Feh the fight between you and him on continuity was one of the most one sided debates mentally i have seen in a long time because you were making good points he was making it up as he went along.

Honestly I wasn't even gonna post about this but after reading all this i couldn't hold it in because it was honestly hard to believe all this really happened that a functioning human being could act this way on a consistent basis anyways sorry for bothering you guys.

By the way is dxd really his alt account?

Post by SamJaz (12,786 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@ownagepants: Thank you, and yes. DxD is his alt. Deduction made it obvious, and he admitted it in the PM thread.

Post by Vapovile (1,998 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I'd like to gauge interest for an RPG idea that I have in the works. Would anyone be interested in a horror-themed RPG that will primarily revolve around the character's abilities to solve puzzles, and make even make decisions based on more than "kill this monster"? Here is the sort of outline that I have atm, but it is VERY susceptible to change.

In the outskirts of a major city, reports of people falling into comas during their sleep been surfacing, and local law enforcement are completely stumped as to the cause. Upon closer inspection, the city's doctors determine that these individuals are indeed still alive, but their minds are completely brain dead and won't wake up. Strangely enough, the only common factor between the victims is either their massive intellect, or their impressive combat prowess, or both for some. The citizens of the city decide to take matters into their own hands, and send out a job request for anyone that can help bring this mysterious night killer to light.

The adventurers would all accept the job, and be told that they should sleep in the same location that all the other victims slept in, as to maybe get a glimpse of the night predator. Little did they know that once they all fall asleep, a spell is placed upon them, transferring their consciousness to a nightmarish realm where they must work together to survive the horrifying trials that the self-proclaimed Nightmare Game Master sets upon them to possibly win their freedom.

So, is anyone interested in participating if I flesh it out?

The difficulty will be the puzzles. If you're confident in your brain bending, then I'm in.
Post by ChronoWolf (2,230 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Vapovile:

Ooh, sounds very interesting. Like Sam said, if you're sure that you can make good puzzles, I would gladly join.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,762 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Vapovile: I could also join, but none of my characters would fit

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Oh, that doesn't really matter. Any personality will do IMO :D.

@Vapovile: Cool, I have about 4 or 5 characters who would excel in something like this. I'm in just have to catch up in some other RP's:)

I noticed we are sorely lacking a Samurai character. I'm going to make one and a kick-ass intro thread for all sword wielding characters

Sounds good, would give me a chance to re introduce Juni and the rest of the Hinamura clan.

@Kuma_From_Argentina said:

I noticed we are sorely lacking a Samurai character. I'm going to make one and a kick-ass intro thread for all sword wielding characters

Ahem.

@SamJaz: Naoto is more of an swordsman than a Samurai

Arsenal is plainly weird

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Naoto fought in in Japanese civil wars against the shinshengumi. Don't get much more period piece than that.

Though I'll bite about Arsenal. His only claim to samurai-com was that his mother worked in a Kyoto brothel back in the 1400's.

@SamJaz:

Fighting the Shinsegumi doesnt makes you a Samurai. If that was the case Kenshin Himura would be a Samurai, but he isnt one.

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

That would be correct. That would make them just as much samurai as Robin Hood was a knight.

Wow this objection was a waste of your time. Well defended.

Gauging interest again. Would anyone be interested in a casual RP set in a water park? I figured we have lots of threads for combat and interesting stories, and Lobos is planning on eventually doing an amusement park thread. This will just be for casual character interaction. So, anyone interested?

@Vapovile: I would be all kinds of down for that.

@Vapovile: Sounds fun:)

Post by Shadowchaos (2,804 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Vapovile: Maybe depending on if I have time.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel