RPG Ideas Thread

Topic started by Slinger on Dec. 4, 2008. Last post by waybig1010101 1 week ago.
Post by Fehafare (9,641 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Ruminatus: Let us hear them.

Post by SekiryuuteiDxD (1,625 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Galenbeta said:

So do you want WR Mechas Heroes now or later

What is Mechas Heroes

Post by Shadowchaos (2,953 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@SekiryuuteiDxD: its nothing important don't worry about it.

Post by SekiryuuteiDxD (1,625 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Shadowchaos: oh

I was surfing the ideas thread for maybe an idea of an RPG

Post by Shadowchaos (2,953 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@SekiryuuteiDxD: it was something from a while back that didn't work out. It was bacially a rp about mobile suit pilots. If you want to join a rp I have one that is still taking people open. look down the list its called Icarus.

Post by SamJaz (13,064 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Here's an idea for an alternative Grid Points System. Instead of having numbers, we list off the AV Skills that our character has from the official AnimeVice Powers list.

For example, SamJaz would have:

While this is longwinded at can be somewhat vague (For example, I listed SamJaz as a webslinger due to his Collision spell in the same way I'd class Eren Jaeger as a webslinger), this is the official Animevice Power list taken straight from the powers list. What do you guys think?

Post by Sonata (35,690 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@SamJaz: There is a thread you can for that, I'll see if I can find it. The Grid system is mostly used to help figure out a characters physical attributes.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (7,007 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@SamJaz: I consider that the Grid is just a guide rather than ironclad rules. Good Narrative Skills is the best weapon and power here

@Sonata: @Kuma_From_Argentina:

Ah, okay.

And agree with Kuma on the Grid, though I'd go as far to say that it was bugged from the start, with Narrative skills being the only rule of thumb.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (7,007 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@SamJaz: The Grid serves to allow better cooperation, as other players have a reasonable idea about your character baseline skills and powers. Is a necesity to allow playing in equal footing

@Kuma_From_Argentina: @SamJaz:

What Kuma said.

I am mostly against the grid as it is now because the gaps are just too huge.

It's not very accurate as it seems you can either be a street level guy or god of the omniverse with nothing in between.

@Fehafare: @Kuma_From_Argentina: @Sonata:

Another alternative was replacing the 1-9 numbers with Fate/ type ranking.

Strength:

EX - Absolute

A - Beyond Human capabilities (We'd include something for the Additional +'s.)

B - Peak Human

C - Skilled / Gifted human

D - Average human

E - Less than the average human

Speed, for example. Hitomi would be D. Alvin C+, or B-. SamJaz would be A-, Hal being A++++.

A lot of powered individuals would have a lot of A stats or higher, but stuff like intelligence, or foot speed, etc would be human level. On the other hand, it encourages Street Level characteristics, as that is where there is the greatest variance in stats. Everything else is simply measuring who beats who.

How does that sound?

@SamJaz: Better than what we have now, but little restrained i'd say.

@SamJaz: That still looks vague to me, it doesn't take into account people with HAX abilities.

@Sonata: Well to be fair the grid was never about abilities and more about stats. Though yeah even so it's a bit vague.

@Fehafare: We should probably do a more in depth ranking system.

@Sonata: Agree.

Though i'm also for promoting street level-ing.

Then again stuff is working as it is now.

@Fehafare: What I see from the Vice Universe now is people creating and doing their own things. In a place where the environment isn't really set in stone your character shouldn't be limited.

@Sonata: Pretty much.

@Fehafare: I do have a reporter character coming who it pretty normal, but really feisty:P

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel