RPG Hall of Fame Voting Thread

Topic started by Newdeath on Jan. 27, 2011. Last post by Kuma_From_Argentina 8 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Creer (977 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@willyvereb: Sure.
Post by Blindside (1,003 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Newdeath

Give this guy any sort of RP, and he'll write up a post so full of description of EVERYTHING and AWESOMEness that it'll make your entire face implode in envy! This is that rare blend of writing to the extreme amount of super coolness possible and a character that you read one post about a post about him, and you get so scared, you $#!t yourself in terror. He is majorly active and can organise HUGE events with a snap of his fingers. Personally, I would consider ND the face of RPing on the Vice. For me, there is no one more qualified to be in the HoF, and I'm not just saying that cause he scares me.

Sonata

Sonata...what to say about Sonata...Let me say right off the bat that I never knew she was a dude in real life, and when I found that out, I PMSL'd. Sonata is one of the oldest RPGers around, and she is majorly deserving of recognition like this. One of the few characters that sends a Newdeath-esque chill up my spine, and that is a unique, impressive thing.

OmegaMekix

Possibly the "youngest" Vicer that can be considered Hall of Fame material, Mekix is, in my opinion, the face of AV heroism. He monsters heroing (Is that a word? IDK.) And I consider him to be the most serious threat to us villains. (Curse you, Mekix!). But seriously, he deserves to be in the HOF almost as much as my other two votes, if not as much as them.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Updated the OP. 

ND
Post by Hawk (272 posts) See mini bio Level 8

A HOF after a little over a year......? Little early huh?
Post by Sonata (35,509 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@hawk: LOL Well I kinda wanted to wait till the end of the year, but the majority wanted it now.:P
My Votes go to Keith, ND and Mekix. The Reasons why, I'll post later because right now I am tired and somewhat lazy.:P
Updated the OP. 

ND
Post by OmegaMekix (3,847 posts) See mini bio Level 16
We should wrap this up soon. But we need to break the tie between Keith and Sonata. If worse comes to worse and no one votes anymore than I think the two strongest candidates of Hall of Famer should decide who gets the third position.
@OmegaMekix: I say let Keith go in ahead of me, I believe he deserves to go. He has been more active than I have it is fair.
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Sonata: Well, I still have a free space for vote.
If it all comes down I can vote for ou and end the tie already.
I don't get offended if I happen to miss the Hall of Fame.
Not the type to brag about my achievements.
@willyvereb:  I am the same way, I dont like bragging about what I have accomplished either:)
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Sonata: Well, what to do then? We have two selfless people willing to sacrifice for the other. Troublesome situation indeed.:)
@willyvereb:  Someone else has to vote quick lol. I thought this should have waited a bit longer to do. Anime Vice didnt really start RPGing seriously till I created Gekido in the summer of 09:P
@Sonata: @willyvereb:  We'll wait for someone to come and break the tie. If no one shows up then I guess NewDeath and I can decide.
Post by Masako_Hihashi (594 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I'm terribly doubtful my last vote is split between them..... 

I cannot break the tie by myself...... T-T
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
I vote, personally, Sonata. But it's very very close.
I am withdrawing myself from the first hall of fame. 

Honestly, I probably haven't earned it as Sonata, Keith, or NewDeath had. They've each led a successful team, they have been here longer than a year, and they are the ones who help shape the RPG community here. But the main reason I want to withdraw myself is because I don't view this as I should. Even before the first nomination I was confident that I would make it, too confident. I saw this more as a trophy than an honor and that is not a trait a hall of famer should have. Both Keith and Sonata were willing to give up their spot and I bet they would not have regretted it while I was thinking that there was no way I could lose my spot. I really appreciate the votes for me, I mean it. But until I mature and learn that this isn't about fame but of recognition, I am not ready.

So I won't accept being placed in the first hall of fame here. Sonata and Keith both deserve it more than I do and I can learn what it means to be a good community member in the meantime.  
@OmegaMekix: Are you sure? Oh well.  

Updated the OP.  

Votes end on Friday. 

ND
@Newdeath said:
" @OmegaMekix: Are you sure?"
Positive. 
Post by Raseri (2,534 posts) See mini bio Level 12
We never truly got done with this thread did we? Should I bring it back? 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel