RPG Hall of Fame Voting Thread

Topic started by Newdeath on Jan. 27, 2011. Last post by Kuma_From_Argentina 4 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
This is the thread where we will vote for three and only three deserving individuals to be inducted into The Vice RPG Hall of Fame. This induction ceremony/event will take place once every year. There are a set of rules that will need to be followed when one votes, the rules are as follows: 

1. You must give a reason as to why you are voting for said individual. If you do not give a reason then your vote will be overlooked. 
  2. Only three individuals may be voted for so do not make a list of five or ten people who you believe deserve to be inducted. Only three.
  3. Only vote once with your account, do not use multiple to accounts to cheat etc. 
  4. You cannot vote for yourself. If this is done then your vote will be overlooked.
  5. Stay on topic, do not get off-topic on this thread. 
  6. Give a valid reason justifying why you think said person deserves to be a Hall of Famer.

I will personally be the judge of this.  
Updates on those who are getting the most votes will be added to the OP until the three individuals are inducted, they will then be added to a Hall of Fame list on the OP: 

Class 1 Vice Hall of Famers:

Newdeath:

Newdeath
 Newdeath

Sonata:

Sonata
 Sonata

Willyvereb:

Willyvereb
 Willyvereb

Class 2 Vice Hall of Famers: 

Superevil225:

Superevil225
 Superevil225

Lobos_Del_Rayo: 
 Lobos_Del_Rayo
 Lobos_Del_Rayo

Kuma_From_Argentina:

Kuma_From_Argentina 
Kuma_From_Argentina 

Votes:

?

And finally: 

For those who did not get voted for or did get voted for but were not inducted. No hard feelings. Better luck next year

ND
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Let's see: 

Newdeath: Despite his name contains the "new" prefix, ND is actually one of the oldest members of the Vice. Like a true veteran on the site he has great experience and skills the art of RP-ing. His character started out as a cold-blooded assassin and now became the most well known villains in Vice history. By comic terms he evolved from a Deathstroke to Doctor Doom. ND is often dubbed as the Big Bad of the Vice and the ultimate evil. For a long time he became a barrier for every hero and aspiring villain to overcome. Whether people loved him or maybe hated him, Newdeath's presence is apparent. As a person ND rarely if ever took sides. When he did, he did it firmly and with sound reasons. I consider him the most coolheaded poster on the Vice. This attitude earned him a solid respect from his peers which I guess I have no need to explain. He deserves my vote.

OmegaMekix: Probably the youngest member we now can call veterans on the Vice. It may sound surprising but  initially OmegaMegix have started here as just a greenhorn. I still remember his first tries on world of serious online RP-ing. He was down to earth and reasonable. Unlike many fresh RP-ers he didn't pursue to be the cheery hero neither the rampaging villain. He attempted to give his character a depth and he did succeed. With effort and observing the writing of other RP-ers , his skill have begun to raise. It's apparent on the Sunrise. The silent mercenary became a struggling hero and one of the most prominent figures amongst the Blue Names.  Yet my greatest surprise were when I noticed his actions on a different site. For privacy reasons I won't tel where but he made a character almost completely unlike the Omegamekix we know. Before that I thought that like the most, Mekix can only play out a single role. But I was rather wrong this time. To add he was a leading figure there. Something I couldn't really imagine with Mekix before. It was a good lesson for me and ever since then Mekix earned my great respect. So my second vote is for him.

That's it for now. For the third vote I'm a bit thorn between two people. They may both deserve it, yet the cruel system demands me to make a choice. Well, maybe later.~
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,553 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I will do my best to vote and describe it (but taking in account I'm pretty new I can overlook some things, so dont get mad at me) 

1. Newdeath   

For the love of god he is one scary guy(at least regarding to his character), my first real battle (not sparring) was against him, and boy he knows how to play the superior villain. Having a firm grasp over Gekido, and now the world, he is one scary guy, that doesnt take S*** from nobody, as a player he shows the rest of us how to play as a merciless bastard and always come on top of any situation he is presented with. He also helped me a lot when I started (even if we argued about some things in some threads) he is really active and participates in a thread if you present it correctly, and you cannot overlook the fact that he is one of the top writers and he haves the most ridiculous extensive bio in the forum. He also knows how to manage having several different alts, thus showing different shades, and showing us that his rp abilities go far beyond than his main character. For being enigmatic and intimidating, clever and mighty, this ovte goes for Newdeath.

2. Mekix

I made a lot of jokes in the "How do you picture..etc" thread about the Rating M for Manly of Mekix pics, but he deserves it, all of them, from the heroic faction he is the only one that shows that being good and follow the Justice, while being onf the most creative and best writers around is possible, and that to show your skills you dont need to have more powers than brains, and that nay situation, as dire as can be, it can be solved with clever thinking instead of over powered abilities like reality manipulation. He laways put the chest for the bullet when it comes down to a showdown between evil and good, and for that he gets my vote. He also haves outstanding writting skills, and the recent events with Sabine showed that he can also show another side of his chracter, by displaying his emotional side, and the weakness created by it, in a character trained to be a soldier, and now trying to have a serious relation, showing the inner turmoil of a man that lived in a world of kill or be killed, now trying his best to show his emotions, that he has hidden for so long. 

3. Vacant (Until I think of Somebody (I have several candidates)

Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Newdeath

Not only is Newdeath an extremely talented writer, but he is also an excellent rper. Newdeath is able to effectively describe a setting, character or actions in an in depth and unique style. As well, Newdeath can work and cooperate with any writer to create a unique and interesting rpg. Newdeath is also able to organize mass rpgs with little to no problem, as seen with the Gekido Sunrise. Newdeath also is able to work with a multitude of characters and make their actions and personality believable, yet surreal at the same time. Newdeath is also one of our eldest rper, in terms of the AV life time. Any new comer knows exactly who Newdeath is before even reading his incredibly long bio. ND is able to show exactly who Ray, and his other characters, are with a single post. ND is a great rper and a great writer with skill and the ability to direct an rpg with seeming ease.

I'll think of some more later.....

OmegaMekix:

I remember when I first saw Mekix, I wasn't particularly impressed (initially). But as time went on and when I actually RPed with him, I noticed how good he was. He managed to get such a good grasp on the RPing style of the Vice that I was quite surprised. Even more so when I took the time to read his bio, he made his powers as realistic as possible and his unique style was what cemented him as a prominent figure on the Vice. Not to mention that he is one of the few people that Newdeath (The RPG character) actually respects, and that is quite a feat to accomplish, to actually earn Newdeath's respect with his endless determination is in my mind the greatest feat his character has ever done, especially because he is a hero (even if he isn't the boyscout type). This is why I vote for Mekix to be inducted into the Vice RPG Hall of Fame. Notice that I didn't even need to mention Mekix's involvement in the Sunrise.  

Keith:

Keith is an interesting one. Though he started off as a Gekido member, I had a very strong hunch that he would betray the organization and when he did (it didn't really surprise or shock me) but what made it so interesting were the endless possibilities he had after getting info from Gekido and leaving. His character has quite a heavy influence over the Vice, being the puppetmaster behind The Company which is the apparent organization that will save the world. But the biggest reason why I say this is that Keith is diverse. He is capable of playing a number of characters such as Kyo and the comical Apollo. He is good at making his descriptions and he seems to be the only one that can fully stand against Gekido. The final reason is that he made his character responsible for Kurohige's betrayal of Gekido, I thought that was quite something.   

Sonata:

The first big villain of the Vice. The one who created the evil villain organization known as Gekido, and the user who possesses the most dominant female character on the Vice. He is capable of playing such a diverse number of characters that its even ridiculous how skilled he is at this, ranging from female characters to male characters. He has played as Grand Master Daizen, Sonata, Manami and more. He is inarguably the best RPer who can play the most diverse number of characters, and they are all so original that at times I wonder why he isn't as active as he used to be. Before I created Newdeath and was really into the battle forums, Sonata was the Big Bad of the Vice. Not to mention that during the Sunrise, Sonata made his character the greatest terror of the RPG. How he is capable of playing female characters as well as male characters so well is a mystery to me, at times when he plays Sonata I even forget that it is actually a male that is playing Sonata (The RPG character).   

ND
Post by OmegaMekix (3,847 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Keith

Keith displays all the traits that you would expect from a Hall of Famer; he is leading his own team, his character is well known throughout the community, he is quite knowledgeable and gives very good opinions about nearly anything, and everyone respects him while he respects everyone. I can always count on Keith to have a cool-head about things and be able to give a valid opinion about something. He is a pretty good critic who knows how to blend compliments with shortcomings to make it an informative comment that doesn't make you feel like the worse writer on the planet. It only strengthens his assets that his character is so interesting and he can play the magnificent bastard so well. If anyone deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, it is Keith.

NewDeath

Everyone knows NewDeath as the big bad of the Vice. And he is so successful at it because he can write a character that you love to hate. Since he leads Gekido, is so powerful that anyone who fights him is pushed to the limit, and he doesn't mind interacting with everyone he is just what you believe a Big Bad is. Plus, he is kind of a role model for new RPGers. They will either look up to him because they want to be a villain like him or they want to be the hero who takes him down when they get good enough. So he gains my respect and my vote for being placed in the Hall of Fame.

Sonata

It is hard to top experience and that is the field that Sonata majors in. Sonata is probably one of the oldest RPGers on the sight and has done a lot of things in that time. It was Sonata that made the Gekido Sunrise, the most famous RPG in Vice history, so successful. So for all this experience and making the best RPG here, Sonata gets my vote for being in the Hall of Fame. 
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14
hahahahahah is always going to be thoughs 3, but i think id add cfatalis, because of strength, detail in character bio and some other good things ill half to look in to
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
this has zero meaning in Order

1. Sonata: Big time RP-er, convincing, very convincing some people got fooled out of their GIRL syndrome, imagine He can roleplay an opposite gender, that I the FUCKIN TRAP SPOTTER nearly gave up , RP is about being someone else, and Sonata take the cake in this one. She is also the dirving force between damned huge event that shaped the world of vice, example by providing us with a Standard Super Villain Organization, and having it lead by a somewhat unstable women, definitely something that FIT, she also get points for appealing through by staying consistant with the canon

2.Keith F-IN Mackenzie: well let's see , he appeared out of nowhere (I met him first in the battle thread) , then somehow BANG he is one of the corporate head for the company, if VIce ever ever got a TVtrope page, everything on "Xanatos (insert word)" and all the magnificient bastardy would fall to Keith, OBVIOUSLY A PRO/Vet , his power never actually changed in theming, making him very very consistent . But the Halmark of the Mackenzie is how much planning he can put underway , and how appropriate, his way with word , he is that guy that will say " Ah but Batman , you know what you are in the dark, you are not going to kill, of course not, even for the good of everything"  AND BATMAN WOULD KILL afterwards

3.Mekix : ah yes, everyone favourite "new blood" , has a very nice character development. he starts as a neutral character, an Assasin which have a heart, coming from some labtest, turn evil somehow work in Gekido, then turn "Good"  which i have to say it's his most fitting alignment. Mekix can be described as one thing in vice world, a Hero , pure pure fucking rare hero
Take example everyone else is either a smart villain, gruff antihero,anti sympathetic neutral, do nothing Gods and everything in between, but mekix came in , and after sometime became the ONLY notable purely " I do this for good that i believe in" hero , something   rare , if take example Vice is an Idealistic shone story , Mekix would the protagonist, he would that chosen hero that stands up after getting beaten after a much stronger villain, someone that the good guy will root for , someone that redeems "bad" people (so far his tally being ONE, BETTER than everyone else, all of you heroes? WHO THE FUCK DID YOU SAVE?)
Added the votes to the OP. 

ND
Man, I almost forgot this thread. Still thinking on my third choice.

@Newdeath: uhm, you missed one vote for Keith BTW.
First off, I would really like to thank you guys for voting for me. I really appreciate it. 

But I want to encourage everyone to vote. This is a community thing so everyone who RPGs should at least make one vote. By no means am I recommending that you vote for me though, just choose who you believe deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. 
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,553 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I dont know who to vote, I'm really doubtful between three people
@Kuma_From_Argentina: Just pick who you believe has a good influence over the RPG community here. You already have two votes out already, I'm sure you can think of a good third one.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Kuma_From_Argentina: Rock paper scissors?
The inductees will be announced on Friday. 

ND
@Newdeath: I see. Well, better hurry up everyone then. I think I already got my third vote.
@willyvereb: Indeed. 

ND
I'm rather disappointed that only seven people have voted so far (and a good amount of them don't have all three nominations placed). Worse, three of the voters are those who are most likely to win. We should encourage the other vicers to vote.
@Newdeath: Can we extend the deadline till weekend?
I don't know if I can normally post since the situation is like this...
Post by Sonata (35,091 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I need to make post in this as well when I get a chance:)
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel