RPG Character Ideas.

Topic started by Cogito on May 2, 2010. Last post by Sonata 6 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Cogito (478 posts) See mini bio Level 14
    Alright, so I'm planning on getting back in the RPG-game (Role playing Game - Game, yes I know) but, as with any writer, I am having writers block as to what kind of character to create, who I want him to be, what his story is, I could think of thousands of possible characters and not decided on one, and so I ask you, my fellow Vicers, to help me with determining a character that would be somewhat original, and you think would be a good addition to the Vice-i-verse story thus far. Remember, these are rough drafts.

Ideas:

A young man, 16-25, has two hands one made of an indestructible white stone, the other made of an indestructible black stone, each is a hand from two of the titans that helped fashion the universe, he can;t do nearly as much as they did, being a human (now part human due to the hands) wielding them, The white one can take the form of any weapon, the black one can take on almost any element, and together he can use them to create a variety of attacks. 

The second is a ninja with extreme levels of strength, speed, endurance, and combat ability, with chronal abilities, he can attack someone thousands of times, then release the time stream, causing his target to be attacked that many times in the instant that he would have attacked them once, even being able to use paradox attacks, punching someone before they have been punched. 

The third is a being with angel wings, he is completely indestructible from absolutely any kind of attack in or outside of existence, but  is unable to cause any damage or harm to anyone else, and when a teammate is in need, he can partially posses their body to rejuvenate their body and give them extremely enhanced abilities in every area, except when he does this his body begins to fade more, and he loses ore of his already vanishing memories, he can only do this five times before completely "disappearing".

Edit: These were my original ideas, re-posted them.
Post by OmegaMekix (3,847 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I would recommend you fallow these steps.

1. Think of the kind of characters you like in a story. The cool abilities, the attitude, or the skills.
  2. Think of ways you can improve them or incorporate them into a character that fits you. But don't make them almighty and prefect, that takes away from the story.
  3. Add some human details; favorite food, music they dislike, fears, dreams, and weaknesses.
  4. Add the powers and story that match your character. These are much easier to think of when you have the personality and basic idea down.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I could help you out but I'd need to know what kind of character you had before. 

ND
Post by paladin (1,192 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Cogito:
The name of Cogito instantly reminds me of the phrase:
"Cogito ergo sum." ( I think, therefore I am)

I can imagine a character with Cogito name as an eccentric mentalist with mind control, money and illusion magic. All the while(like on your picture) he drinks a fine glass of wine leisurely. Although I don't know if you can pull such a character out well.
Post by Cogito (478 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@paladin:  

That's the reason I chose the name actually, I love latin and know it fairly decently in real life. 

As for the eccentric mentalist, maybe, I suppose it could work, but I'm not used to trying the character you're suggesting, but I could just try it out of course,.
Post by paladin (1,192 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Cogito:  I can think out different characters too. I just don't know how good you're with speech and strange kind of special abilities.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Nerxual_Oh: it's new, most of us were original really the only thing similarity between ND and kakashi now is their look even that is changing
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Nerxual_Oh: Actually not much. If you notice we have a DBZ level Naruto superninja, a Bang Shinigami x100, a Super Blackbeard brother, And a Gaara/Sasori from the village of nanobots.:)

Actually they are only similar in a few aspects. To tell the truth Kurohige keeps the most from the original Blackbeard's characteristics( low tolerance to pain and energy absorption ) but even he's quite different.

Also it's Anime Vice. It's encouraged for our characters to have anime references. I do the same by having my character visit many anime worlds.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@willyvereb: and being nearly simmiliar to one of the character that have  a siscom.... hmmmm
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@cfatalis: Well, I could take it as an insult but you're half-right.
Keith bears a few similarities to Lelouch. Although if you really want a somewhat accurate description then imagine Light Yagami, Lelouch Lamperouge and Clair Stanfield's personalities combined in a way that you only keep the good parts. Well, there are more but basically I made up Keith's personality by combining almost every MB I know.
Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Not sure if this exclusively for Cogito, but I'm bumping this thread to run by the Vice RPG community on the character idea that I have...hope you guys can help XD

Ok so as I said previously, I may start RPing again once school hits (which is next week XD).. I'm just brainstorming on a character idea and I kinda want the Vice community's input on it. Since I'm in crazy kingdom hearts mood again, I want my character to be based on Axel (one of the characters XD). He'll have fire abilities and such that resembles Axel's, but not quite. I'm still getting the origin story sorted out....what do you guys think? Should I keep going at it or ditch the idea?

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,836 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@UsachanMaN: I like the idea I'm assuming he will be a hero.

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: You really think so? Kinda XD He's a little between neutral and heroic

@UsachanMaN: Yep I am not a KH fan but I do know Axel is a bad ass. If you are going with a flame based abilities you could use something similar to the Dying Will Flames from Kayeto Hitman Reborn; this way the flames could have a unique property to them and he can change the flames willing. Jeez I been on a KHR kick recently lol. Anyway its just a suggestion.

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Axel totally is! XD Oooh that's a good idea! I've been watching that anime recently as well XD Not that far though, but that actually is a pretty cool idea to consider. Thanks a bunch man! :D

Post by Sonata (35,313 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
@UsachanMaN: Sure I can help you with your character, I have ideas already:)

@Sonata: Coolio!! :D I'll PM you sometime this weekend (if its ok with you XD) and go over it with you. Is that alright?

Post by Sonata (35,313 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
@UsachanMaN: Sure thing thats no problem:)

@Sonata: Sweet! :D

@UsachanMaN: your welcome I'm glad I can help. Lol I've been getting really into the manga it has quite a bit of implied yaoi in it. :P

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel