Rate RPGers Writing Skills

Topic started by Kado on Dec. 6, 2008. Last post by SamJaz 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,754 posts) See mini bio Level 13
6.9999999999999999999999999/7 

Is almost flawless and perfect, but there is a detail I cannot really quite get, that keeps you from perfection (For some reason it seems to me, maybe an instinctive reaction or something like that)
Post by xXZeroXx (322 posts) See mini bio Level 8
6.9/7 In Creativity. ^^
Post by Raseri (2,534 posts) See mini bio Level 12
5/7, I haven't seen enough to judge properly and sometimes I see glimpses of biting some styles :P 
Post by SamJaz (12,731 posts) See mini bio Level 20

REVIVING THIS THREAD!

@Kado said:

I know there arent a lot of rpgs going on noww, but for the ones that are rate the user who are participating its always good to know as early as possible that way you can watch yourself improve.

Basically this is working off a 7 point system

7 - the elite of the vice

6 - excellent writer

5- very good

4 - promising

3 - average

2 - needs help

1 - horrible

Be honest, this is purely based off of skill, not your personal feeling toward the person you are rating.

(Taken from CV)
Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

4.5-5

You have really good conceptual grasp yet your characters lack originality as they mostly seem a mismatch of abilities taken from different franchises and series.

Post by Masterofdeath (2,247 posts) See mini bio Level 11

6-7 honestly no advice for you.

3-4

You tend to be lacking of the description sector and your characters seem to be all cut from the same mold, only with minor changes, you should try to diversify your character behaviour and demeanor as well make post a little bit longer to further explain the situation and the actions of your characters. From time to time you have some minor grammatical mistakes but nothing to worry about. Another small problem is that you have a tendency to over-hype your characters and sometimes you end up no-selling attacks as your characters are just too powerful to make them take a hit without making them act and be way weaker of their real power

Post by Sonata (35,387 posts) See mini bio Level 20

You have been doing awesome stuff. you have real grown as a writer since you first appeared here keep it up:)

@Sonata: I'm really surprised myself, when I check my first post with Batsu and my current posts with Gen I'm not quite sure if I wasnt exchanged by a Skrull in some point or any kind of doppelganger...

Extremely good but there is a component I cant describe, yet I feel like it lacks...

Post by Sonata (35,387 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Kuma_From_Argentina: LOL I think I know what it is, but it is something that develops over time.
Post by ChronoWolf (2,227 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Online Now

6-7

Epic writing skills. I'd say there's nothing to improve, but there's always something. Not that I know what that would be for you, but still.

5. I'd like to see more of what your guys can do when you post, but sometimes Arthur can come across as a bit flavourless compared to Matt?

Post by ReliusClover (784 posts) See mini bio Level 10

6.8/7

Got really zero flaws to point out.

Wow. Thanks. But I know I can improve, so I'll take the first one.

5.6. You aren't the best team player, something a lot of us have to work on, but you're a great writer.

Post by ReliusClover (784 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@SamJaz: Know what you mean. I think that's something that comes with time, getting to know the people you're RP-ing and developing good interaction with them.

And yeah i'm sure you do have areas to improve in, that's why i'm not giving out a round 7, it's just that i can't think of a specific thing you could add/remove/improve, at least no right away without sitting down and thinking about it and for me that's a good sign as you don't have a flaw that pokes someone in the eye.

... 6.8/7

5/6 The same that Sonata said, only adding than sometimes you overcomplicate things that could be much straight foward....

The only flaw I can think of is the tendency to use the verb 'deck' outside of the correct circumstances. But it's such an awesome word I don't really care.

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,864 posts) See mini bio Level 12

SJ you are an excellent writer and even though it was before I showed up your characters were interesting and brought a new flavor to the Vice. My problem lies with Taylor for some reason I never really liked him his powers just confused me but now that I been reading him in Break Out I am getting to understand his personality more so my view will change soon. :)

You've a lot more experience and flair to this than my beige prose, and you seem able to create multi-dimensional side-characters at the drop of a hat.

Glad Taylor's warming up to you. For ages I thought that he was creepier if we knew nothing about him, but now that I have fleshed out what he can canonically do, I think that actually makes him scarier, showing off just how much he's capable of.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel