World War II brought death and suffering as never before in our world, but as well it left hundreds of innovations and technological advances that we still use. The Hidden World also advanced during this time. What’s the Hidden World? Let’s say it is what the regular people of the world ignore, the world that overlaps with our own, were the monsters, gods and heroes life every day, hidden from most of humanity, waging wars inside the shadows of civilization since it started. People discovered the Hidden World and either died, fought it or used it for their means. During the War, the Japanese government started a program create enhanced soldiers using Yokai and other creatures they collected from the nearby countries, trying to create a powerful army. They lost the war and the program vanished from the government records, still hidden in the secret underwater facility Ryugu-jo were artifacts from Japan and horrible experiments are trapped at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. A rising star in the criminal underworld of Japan discovered the location and is planning to raid the place and take all the weapons to prepare for a conquest of Japan. With the help of a corrupted monk he found inside a crypt when his underlings were building an underground HQ, he plans to collect all the artifacts and use the powers of the Nihon no Kami against the people of the country to conquer it. He is only known as Kuro-san and his criminal clan is known as Mangetsu. They are ready to wage war upon the country of Japan Underworld. Are you ready to stop their plans?
This is a street-level oriented RP, any kind of character origin is valid. The characters can go to the Facility through different means; I offer a small list of examples
Working for Japan Government to stop the Raid
Hired by a particular to find a particular artifact
Criminal trying to stop competition of getting armed
Magic-based character that senses the powers dwelling inside of the Facility and wants to investigate.
Remember this is underwater, so a bad move would flood the whole place, and maybe woke up some of the hardcore experiments. I will post a partial map of the installation in brief.
All the rooms, even the ones above or below are separated at least by 5 mts of open sea, thus you cannot pierce through one wall and end up in other room unless you can handle deep presure and buttloads of saltwater. The doors and walls are highly resistant to damage, built to resist Torpedos with ease, can resist more than 50 tons of impact without ill effects upon the integrity. The passageways are weaker.
- Main Dock: The main entrance to the complex, with capacity up to 3 WWII Subs
- Lobby: The center of mundane operations, were usually went to complain about maintenance issues or petty disputes.
- Storage: Heavy Machinery, Cleaning Supplies and Raw Materials used in the maintenance of the complex and in the kitchen.
- Habitational Space: Small living units and farmlands with fake sunlight and genetically enhanced plants
- Control Center: The lower half of the operational center of the Complex, in charge of the Dock control, emergency procedures and electronical maintenance.
- Kitchen/Cafeteria: Obvious isnt it?
- Data Computing: A section with old timey computers, pretty advanced for their time.
- Main Lab: The Main Lab and place of most of the basic level research, as well medical tests and examinations.
- Lab Storage: Medical and Lab Supplies to have at hand.
- Lab Specimen Quarters: Kinda of Obvious, before used as cage, now used as homes, not cozy but it works.
- Punishment Area: Cells for the civilian and military inhabitants of the Complex
- Lobby Supplies: Obvious
- Computer Mainframe: The Main of information and control of the place, a good hacker could totally control it
- Weapons Lab: The place were the weapons for the soldiers were designed. Not working or useful without knowledge.
- Weapon Vault: Locked with care and security exponentially equal to their danger, the most powerful are too strongly locked to be accesed.
- Weapon Range: Used to test weapons, now used as exercise grounds for the Western Camp.
- Secondary Storage: Obvious, now Overrun by GD
- Control Center/Guard's Office/Secondary Dock: In theory is clean as the Control Room is tightly sealed, thus nobody could get in or out.
- Office/ Waste Disposal: Probably overrun
- Military Authority Office: Surely locked as protocol dictates.
- 2nd Lab: Or Advanced Lab, the place were the finer more subtle work was done.
- High Security Vault: Holds the most dangerous and powerful objects or creatures.
- 2nd Lab Storage: Same as the Lab Storage but expensive materials.
- Head Scientist Office/Quarters: used by the Western Leaders as base of operation and food storage.