PokeVice

Topic started by SamJaz on May 7, 2013. Last post by SamJaz 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by SamJaz (13,064 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Hello! Sorry to keep you waiting! Welcome to the world of POKEMON! My name is OAK. People call me the POKEMON PROF. This world is inhabited by creatures that we call POKEMON. People and POKEMON live together by supporting each other. Some people play with POKEMON, some battle with them.

But we don't know everything about POKEMON yet. There are still many mysteries to solve. That's why I study POKEMON every day.

Now, tell me, are you a boy, or a girl?

I see, and what did you say your name was?

Is that right? TRAINER! Are you ready? Your very own POKEMON story is about to unfold. You'll face fun times and tough challenges. A world of dreams and adventures with POKEMON awaits! Let's go! I'll be seeing you later!

RULES

This is a Location RP, not a specific storyline. For specific stories in the pokemon verse, make additional threads with a link in the description to this thread.

Pokemon remember all the moves they learn while levelling up. We'll let you be a judge of whether or not your pokemon is a high-enough level to use that move.

You can use new moves with old pokemon, even in older, generation limited regions. IE Sandslash can use Crush Claw in Kanto. He can also use Magnitute and Earthquake, moves Sandshrew and Sandslash were incapable of learning naturally until Gen 5

TM's are free game, as long as the TM exists and your pokemon can actually learn it. Just remember that TM's are EXPENSIVE so be realistic with their usage. Only the Unova 100 TM's are reusable.

One pokemon cannot learn more than 4 HM's.

No more than 6 pokemon in your party. The rest live in your PC.

No Natures, IV's, EV's, or other metagame nonsense. This is animevice, not Smogon.

The power of your pokemon is dependent on the time your character spends training them, onscreen or offscreen. IE A character with a full-time job as an international spy won't have as much time to train their growlithe as a wandering vagabond who has a part-time job as macdonalds. We ask for some semblance of realism here.

All battles and regions will have agreed Generation Limits, IE if we agree to only use pokemon from the first two generations, then don't bring your lucario to the fight.

Badges are needed to control new and traded pokemon up to levels around listed. Pokemon levels 1-10 will listen to anyone.

Rules concerning taking pokemon outside pokevice

Entrance to the pokemon world is via an Entree plant. Talk to me if you want SamJaz to give your character an Entree Sapling for their own pokemon adventure.

You can take party pokemon with you outside of the pokemon world.

Yes. You can. HOWEVER! Certain rules apply:

Only one pokemon at a time.

There are no pokemon centres in the main viceverse.

Your pokemon only gain EXP fighting OTHER POKEMON.

A standard human can survive a hyperbeam, despite what pokedex entries will have you believe. POKEMON WILL NOT KILL YOUR OPPONENTS FOR YOU.

You can use your pokemon in fights against other characters, with your opponents permission. However, trainers are sitting ducks while giving orders.

You can't use Bill's PC unless you are in the pokevice world.

You can only use Pokemon in an RP with the universal consensus of all players participating in said RP. IE If there are five RPers, four of them say Yay to pokemon, and one says Nay, then no pokemon can participate in the RP. Feel free to bargain for compromises, IE You can only use one, or yes but not by the name of pokemon, etc. You guys work it out.

ENTRALINK

When entering the Pokévice via an Entree, characters will enter a space called the Entralink. From there, they can choose where they will be warped to amongst the pokemon universe, and can warp back to the Entralink at will, and from there back to their original position.

The most exciting aspect of the entralink is that Characters can export pokémon from game cartridges into pokeballs, via dreamworld.

This allows characters to use pokemon trained in their game carts, inside the pokemon world. Characters can also import pokemon caught in the pokevice into their game cartridges.

Only one pokemon can be taken back into the vice world in its physical form at a time. Exceptions may be considered via macguffin.

Any other questions, PM me and I'll add rules here.

REGIONS

Kanto

GENERATION 1

Home of the first 151 pokemon, and the location of the Red, Blue, and Yellow versions of the pokemon game. Pokemon Technical School is located here. This is where the criminal organisation, Team Rocket, performs many of its evil deeds, and is also home of Professor Oak

Johto

GENERATION 2

Home of pokemon 152-251, as well as a large number of our old friends from Kanto, and the location of Gold, Silver, and Crystal locations of the game. Johto neighbours Kanto, so travel between the two is common and frequent. Team Rocket holds a strong foothold here as well as in Kanto.

Hoenn

GENERATION 3

An Island nation south of Kanto and Johto, Hoenn is a fertile land and his home to many pokemon, including No. 252 - 386, and a few of our old friends too! Hoenn is a more tropical location, humid and the battleground of two rival ecoterrorist groups: Team Aqua, who aims to expand the ocean for aquatic life, and Team Magma, who desires to expand the landmass for increased space.

Sinnoh

GENERATION 4

A peninsula north of Kanto and Johto, Sinnoh is home to even more pokemon, even no.'s 387-493. A cooler climate, some parts of Sinnoh are close enough to the arctic circle to experience continual snow cover. It is protected by the three sacred lakes, but is threatened by the nefarious Team Galactic, who intend to tear time and space apart in order to create a new, perfect, universe.

Unova

GENERATION 5

GENERATION 4

Located far away from the other four regions, Unova was once exclusively the home of pokemon numbered 494 - 649. However, with travel between regions and the migrations of wild pokemon, Unova is the most diverse region out of all five. Unova is a very seasonal region, with harsh winters and blazing summers. Home to over eleven pokemon gyms, the pokemon world tournament, and the battle subway, Unova is the place to be if you want to test your skills. It is, however, also home to the mysterious Team Plasma, an organisation demanding the liberation of all pokemon from their pokeballs, but there is a darker truth behind their noble ideals.

More regions may be added as time continues.

TRAINER! Your very own POKEMON legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with POKEMON awaits! Let's go!

Post by Guyver (3,424 posts) See mini bio Level 14
The title is misleading. I thought we were suppose to capture other Vicers :P

@Guyver: ...

That sounds like an amazing idea actually.

Post by Surkit (516 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I honestly think someone could Jog through the pokemon universe in a half hour

@Surkit: And that's why I'm introducing mileage. It's actually seven miles between Pallet town and Viridian city, Viridian City having a population of 87,000.

Yeah. Bigger than the game.

@SamJaz: Cool

@Surkit: YES! MY OUTLANDISH LIE WAS BELIEVED!

@SamJaz:

What about Celdadon City?

@SamJaz: Sure why not! :D

@Guyver: 1,073,400, based on cities of similar size.

@Surkit: Shaweet!

Guyver turns on his Gameboy Color

Now, tell me, are you a boy, or a girl? "I am genderless."

I see, and what did you say your name was? "Mewtwo"

Is that right? TRAINER! Are you ready? Your very own POKEMON story is about to unfold. You'll face fun times and tough challenges. A world of dreams and adventures with POKEMON awaits! Let's go! I'll be seeing you later! "I will be seeing the world kneeling before my legendary presence."

lol.

Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14

IM SO DOING THIS

Post by sarah morgan (69 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Shouldn't this be pinned?

@sarah morgan: Dunno. On one hand, you want easy access to this, but on the other, pin this you have to pin all of the xover RPs, which would get busy very quickly.

Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@SamJaz: True, I guess since you have it in the universe thread, it'd be enough

Post by Sonata (35,696 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I should totally make a pokemon trainer like Rusty:P

Post by ReliusClover (784 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Sonata: LOL!

When Team Rocket outkinds you, you know your screwed up big time.

"My Beedrill's drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens..."

And oh, trust me, Phantom would do far worse. He'd be something like the PokeHitler.

Post by Sonata (35,696 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@ReliusClover: LOL PokeHitler,XD

@Sonata: That was hilarious. I imagine that's the explanation for all the rubbish trainers you keep pwning in the games.

@ReliusClover:

http://www.nuzlocke.com/pokemonhardmode.php?p=60

About half way down, to when team Plasma start 'helping' that poor muuna.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel