Phantom's Tomb Raid [RP]

Topic started by Fehafare on Jan. 3, 2014. Last post by SamJaz 7 months ago.
Post by Fehafare (9,393 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

A rather large wooden box is loaded onto what appears to be a private airplane, in fact examining the area around one would notice that all of it was a private airport. Standing right next to the plan was a young man, black hair and a rather strange outfit. The outfit was a suit of different shades of purple with golden lines and details and the strangest addition of all a cape, with a deep red inside. The outfit was the new suit of Phantom. Crown had ordered it from Hitomi months ago, as a way of celebrating the end of Hellscraper. He figured that changing his standard attire was the way to go to and he was rather satisfied with the result.

Though one small detail was missing, he wasn't wearing his mask. The reason was very simple, he wasn't going to need it for this meeting. Crow was going to meet up with the members of FCL, people he trusted enough that he could reveal his face without any fears. They weren't just casually meeting, he was waiting for the at his airport for a purpose. Nearly a year had passed after they escaped Hellscraper and Crown had spent most of his time with Clare, enjoying her company and recovering from the mental trauma the place inflicted upon him. He had changed, but his need for adventure was still there. Seeing that he didn't do anything in such a long time, he deiced that he was finally ready to get back to the game again. And seemingly it was as if Fate wanted it, seeing that Crown got his hand on a piece of information concerning a temple in Egypt which was recently uncovered by a sandstorm. It seemed like the perfect opportunity.

Crown leaned back in the shadow as he waited for his friends to arrive.

Post by SamJaz (12,796 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Fehafare:

Hitomi stepped out of the airport, walking across the runway with a smile as she began to approach Crown. "Morning Kermit." she said, greeting him with the same pet-name she'd greeted him with for the last eight months since he'd hired her as his clothes designer. It was an in-joke between the two of them that no one else quite knew the story of, but Crown had never once dared call her Miss Piggy in return.

She was wearing an elegant black-and-white frock with a white ribbon around the waist, a loose necklace around her neck and thigh-high boots as she brushed her ponytail back, smirking as she leaned against the crate. "Sam's coming with one of his Marine flunkies, but Alvin and the girls couldn't make it. She told the man paying for the flight. "Kelly said that she'd meet us there, but…"

She was broken off by the sound of sirens as the entire airport turned into full panic stations. Within seconds, however, the alarm had vanished, the disaster averted, and a somewhat familiar face left the airport to approach the plane. He was a strikingly handsome man, the kind that would cause men to immediately grab hold of their girlfriend's hands at sight. He wore a thin red scarf over a loose white T-shirt. He also wore a pair of grey Jeans that went with his trainers.

"Hey there." He said with a smile, saluting to Hitomi and offering a hand to Aleister. "It's an honour to meet you Mister Crown." he said with a smile,. "I'm HE IS, Chapter Master of the Knights of the Miles."

SamJaz, meanwhile, sat on the airports roof, watching the planes leave scars in the sky with their exhaust trails. He'd flown in on his key blade himself, not wanting the passport hassle that the law-abiding Marine just had. Oh, it was a legitimate passport, but there was some discussion about visas and leave and the extent of diplomatic immunity for alien ambassadors.

He'd just sit up here until his mates noticed him.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,763 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Fehafare:

A slim figure in a crimson cloak walked through the desert. The red fabric made his presence noticeable, against the yellow sands glowing under the golden sun. -I think… I think I may be lost.- The man whispered to himself as he lifted his hooded head, trying to catch a glimpse of something around him, but to no avail. His feline eyes scanned the dunes around him trying to find the correct direction towards his current destination. This wouldn’t happen if he was on his own world, here the stars and the land were different. Yes, you heard correctly, the man with the crimson cloak doesn’t belong to our world. He comes from the land of Centris, were through his life he was a pariah, a guard, a Knight, a soldier, an adventurer but most important a man of peace.

His name is Callis Nomene, and for almost half a year he has roamed this world searching for a way back to his own world, a fruitless task, considering he still is trapped here. The Beast Knight had the luck, for him a curse, of having half of his blood inherited from his father, a Saevus, a Beast man, a race back in his home world that used to be slaves but freed from the oppressive rule of the Magus the ancient and powerful race that created them. Callis was lucky for this as his whole body was enhanced beyond human limits, specially his senses, so keen he could hear a needle dropping half a block away. As he investigated more about the mystical and magical artifacts of this world, he stumbled upon some information, thanks to his hearing. Most people in this world were oblivious to the existence of magic and ignored the real might of the arcane arts. Callis knew them well.

Thanks to that scrap of information he managed to gather information about a temple, this cost him all the money he managed to gather with bodyguard and mercenary jobs, but he managed to get a location and a ticket to travel. The Beast Knight kept walking to what he thought was the north, towards the Temple, hoping he would find what he was searching for.

Post by ChronoWolf (2,231 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Fehafare: @SamJaz: @Kuma_From_Argentina:

Crown, Hitomi and HE_IS were soon joined by a blond wearing a purple dress shirt and dark gray jeans. He had earphones in his ears and his hands in his pockets as he left the airport building, but he quickly took the earphones out as he saw the others already chatting in the distance. He was surprised to see the man with the scarf there because as far as he knew, this was a job for FCL and Matt couldn't remember seeing that guy before. Though, he did look familiar... Meh, Matt must just be imagining stuff.

"Hey Crown. Nice getup, though I think the cape is a bit too much." He shook Crown's hand, before turning to Hitomi and giving her a friendly hug. "Long time, no see. You look as beautiful as ever." And finally, a greeting to the new guy. "You look familiar, have we met before? Well, my name is Matthew Anderson, but everyone calls me Matt." He extended his hand for a handshake.

It was then that a sound sound comparable to that of a fighter jet came from above them. As Matt looked up, he saw a strange white bird moving at extreme speeds flying high in the air above them. And then it disappeared, leaving nothing but a small black dot which started falling to a point not too far from them on the runway. As it landed, a loud crack was heard and dust flew up into the air. "Sorry I broke your runway." Were the first words Arthur spoke as he pointed the palm of his hand to the ground below him. The large crack which appeared when he landed slowly repaired itself, and he walked over to the rest of FCL. He was wearing his FCL uniform, gray jeans, black T-shirt and black, fur-lined coat with the FCL logo on the back. Honestly, he was a bit disappointed about the fact that he was the only one to have done so since this was supposed to be an awesome FCL expedition. His disappointment was nowhere to be seen on his face though. He was extremely happy and it was obvious that he wasn't only happy about the FCL gathering but that there was something more since he seemed to be radiating joy.

"Hey guys, guess I'm a bit late. Nice getup Phantom. Going for the dark and edgy look huh? To be honest, I prefer your white suit." Then he noticed HE_IS. "Hey, aren't you the space marine from Hellscraper? HE_IS right?" It was difficult to recognize him without the giant armor. He wondered what HE_IS was doing here.

@ChronoWolf: @Kuma_From_Argentina: @SamJaz:

"It's a pleasure to meet you too Matt." HE IS replied. "I don't think we've met in your timeline before now, but your work on digitally storing armour into compact devices will be fascinating and revolutionary. "

HE IS then looked up at the sound before HE could say more, and watched Arthur make his entrance, but raised an eyebrow as HE was recognised. "You have me at a spoiler." HE said to Arthur. "I haven't been to the destroyed Hellscraper yet, but I've been told I will be playing a part in your battle against Versus. Jardsam. We call him Versus in the Astartes." HE IS explained as Hitomi walked up to Arthur and gave him an intimate hug, pressing her cheek against his shoulder as she pulled her arms around his back.

It was nice to see someone take care of her things.

Post by Sonata (35,402 posts) See mini bio Level 20

The Adaptive Predator

Over the clear skies of Egypt ominous three eyed Raven surveyed the landscape. The raven went by the name of Moyasu, a dark servant under the chaos queen Kita Kurenai. Moyasu’s eyes became hers, what he saw so did she. After letting a crow, Moyasu head back North across the Nile, and back to his master. Only a few miles back the high speed blades of a navy colored helicopter could be heard coming across some of the ancient pyramids. In the passenger compartment of the chopper a young girl donning a priestess garb in the colors of Blood and Midnight had her eyes closed. She was absorbing the information her servant Moyasu was sending her. She opened her eyes and adjusted the black bows in her hair. “So Celestine, how do I look”? Kita called out to her young sister who was piloting the helicopter. Celestine quickly glanced at her mistress and a look of glee came across her. “Oooh Kita you look so adorable, like a little doll that you do.” A sly grin came across Kita’s face as she responded to Celestine “This form does have its advantages, and it will be a great one today. Multiple enemies are ahead of us, so I must learn to adapt; switch roles from being an ultimate destroyer to an apex predator.”

Kita looked through the window of the helicopter at the sands of Egypt, a place for centuries was obsessed with the concept of death. The chaos queen also has deep rooted connects to the city of the desert. Ancient Priests and pharaohs would have visions of her arrival; and out what they saw on stone tablets in hieroglyphics. Dark rituals were performed to try and summon the chaos queen, but often met with disastrous results. These were the foundations of a sect that over the course of time traveled to the east and began to practice more in the dark arts. It became many names to some, but one of the most famous named it was called was Gekido. A lifetime ago Kita started what she would call the Sunrise over the very sands Egypt. Kita has always kept one eye opened on the city of the Nile, and it appears to have bore more fruit. A recent sandstorm has uncovered a temple, its very presence pique the curiosity of the chaos queen; but what is contained inside will determine if it has her attention.

Moments later the helicopter soon hovered over a small airport. Kita looked at the ones that gathered through her window and then gave Celestine her orders. “Celestine, land the helicopter and let me out. I have to introduce myself to these guests.” Celestine gave Kita a playful salute as she did what was commanded of her. It didn’t take long for Celestine to land the chopper, she turned off it’s motor and headed towards Kita’s door to let her out. Kita slowly started to step out of the chopper, and looked towards the main group. In a kindly manner she started she greeted them with a bow and said to them “Greetings and salutations to you all, My name is Kita Kurenogi from the Masamune Church in Hokkaido, Japan. Hope you all are having a blessed day.” Celestine still wearing her pilot uniform started to hand out same brochures about their church. In her guise a Kita Kurenogi it has been well documented that she is a local hero in Japan, and priestess at her church. A woman who was touch by the hand of God and given a new purpose; Kita continued to speak” I hope you all can help on our ministry of this holy land.” Kita with her ancient experience kept her poise on the outside, but in the back of her mind she loathed these meat sacks. They are her enemies, her targets, her sole purpose is to see them and the rest of creation reduced to nothingness. But she had to remain cautious, be patient for her chance wait for an opening. On an expedition like this accidents are bound to happen.

@Sonata: @ChronoWolf: @Kuma_From_Argentina: @Fehafare:

SamJaz noticed the change in HE_IS's eyes and his blood ran cold. Bursting into black mist, he arrived in time to see HE_IS aim a bolt gun larger than Kita Kurenai at the small child and begin to chant a battle cry.

"FOR THE EMPERMPHSFFSDF-"

SamJaz had stepped between the two, one hand on HE_IS's mouth and the other on the marine's weapon.

"No." SamJaz warned, his snarl barely more than a whisper. "Not for me."

Relenting, HE_IS made the weapon vanish, and SamJaz smirked, shifting his position so that he was leaning on the Marine's shoulder. "SamJaz Shinoda, Wandering hero, minder of mentally deranged gun fanatics and God Emperor of Empire Exalted." He introduced himself to her and winked to the group. "Nice to meet you."

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

Crown went through some of the brochures given to them. Perhaps it was a bit foolish to go on without a mask in front of strangers, but these two didn't even know that he was Phantom so the problem too care of itself. He only had one question on his mind.

"This is all good and fine, but what are we supposed to do with these anyway?" he asked in a serious tone.

He didn't have anything against the two girls, he really didn't. It just felt strange, the two flying their own helicopter and arriving at his private airport just like that. Crown might have opened up to people a little more, but that didn't mean that he was going to let his guard completely down. Something was off about this whole situation, and he didn't want to wait to find out.

@Sonata: @SamJaz: @Fehafare: @Kuma_From_Argentina:

Hitomi's hug caught Arthur off guard. He wondered what it was for, but only for a second before remembering the first rule of existence. No matter how much a male tries understanding a female, he never will be able to do so. That is why he decided to just go with the flow and hugged back. The hug was soon broken by the arrival of a helicopter with two strange women. Actually, one of them was a girl Arthur saw on TV once, though he couldn't remember much about why she appeared there, and who appeared to be 15. And she still managed to be taller then him... Wonderful. At least Lincent wasn't here or he might have pointed it out.

He took the brochure, skimmed it and put it into his coat. He introduced himself as Arthur and let Crown and Sam do the talking as he himself seemed to get lost in a daydream.

@Fehafare:

-I should have bought a map or hired a guide. I was too arrogant to think this desert was like Ater Arva back in Centris, once again I overestimated my skills, I still have much to learn until I can be a true Knight.- Callis lamented himself as he kept striding dune after dune, he mentioned a place from his world, a desolate region complete covered in sand, but not as hot as this place. He was starting to wander if the light armor was really necessary, but deep down he knew that the blame for this situation was totally his. The Knight had entered several dangerous places in a short amount of time all the time with the idea of going back to his world, but what expected him there, surely even after defeating the Mad Minister and the Corrupted Princess he would still be isolated. He learnt that through years of doing good and being shunned for his ancestry.

-I don’t know why I’m doing this, here my aspect is considered peculiar rather than scandalous and my heritage is not only unknown but almost unnoticed.- He thought aloud but quickly rejected the idea of staying, as he had pledge an oath of Knighthood to a Kingdom and it was his duty to go back and serve Morbis and the Morbiani. With that in mind he kept pushing forward, hoping that sooner or later his senses, part of the heritage he hated so much, helped him to find the Temple.

@Kuma_From_Argentina: @ChronoWolf: @Fehafare: @Sonata:

"I'll handle this." Hitomi told Crown, approaching Kita with a smile of a professional ambassador. "Miss Kurenogi, while it is an honour to meet you today, I'm afraid that our interests are currently not mutual. You see, SamJaz here is in fact the figurehead of a religion that this gentleman and myself are already firm believers."

SamJaz turned to Hitomi with a raised eyebrow, then noticed HE IS raise his arm towards Kita's helicopter. "What is Wrong with you?!" SamJaz hissed. "Are you seriously- We're trying to show that you aren't an empire of gun-toting armoured nutjobs that want to take over the world, are you trying to start a war?"

"The lies of the heretic must be burned." HE_IS replied, to which SamJaz pushed him in the chest.

"No." SamJaz affirmed, Hitomi continuing to talk to Kita about various other routes she could go in her attempts to spread the word of God here in England. "We are about to visit the ancient ruins of a temple of a long-dead faith that I and my friends are interested in, and they thought the sun was a god. Are you going to blow up the sun? Don't answer that question." SamJaz barked. "No smiting without the order."

"You can order me to accept defilements of my body and my faith." HE_IS told SamJaz. "But there is one thing I cannot forgive."

SamJaz put a hand on his shoulder and smiled. "If a bunch of dead priests 3,000 years ago insulted my wife, I wouldn't be mad." SamJaz told him. "That'd be impressive. Not even gonna lie. You would be amazed too."

"…Really, St. Pauls cathedral is incredible to visit, well worth the walk, but you really should be headed down southeast, towards the coast in order to speak with the Arch-Bishop of the country." Hitomi said, drawing directions from Aleister's airport to the Canterbury Cathedral on the back of a napkin and handing it to Kita. "Hope that helps, but we've really got to go." She added, heading into Aleister's plane with a smile. "Be seeing you!"

SamJaz shrugged, following Hitomi into the plane with HE_IS. "You got Xbox on this jet?" Sam asked Crown as he headed up the steps. "Could kill me some Skyrim right now. Winner stays on!"

Post by Sonata (35,402 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@SamJaz: @Kuma_From_Argentina: @ChronoWolf: @Fehafare:

The Best Laid Plans

Kita was pleased to see the young group accept her brochures. Then one of the members of the group came towards Kita and Celestine. Kita looked up at him, and she though he was an odd fellow wearing a mask in this heat. The chaos queen was about to answer his question about the brochures when she was rudely interrupted by another member of who was shouting nonsense at her and conjured a large bolt gun. Normally Kita wouldn’t be intimidated in the slightest, but today was a different day she had to play her role to a tee. She quickly got out her sacred beads hidden inside her robe shaking them in front of the strange man. “I shall save you sir from your curse!” Then suddenly another young man came to the scene that went by the name of Samjaz restrained the other. She placed her beads back in her robes and returned her attention to the masked man. “Now where was I oh yes, it is but a simple brochure that tells about our church. We hope to expand by visiting holy cities like Egypt, and others.”

Kita and Celestine continued to mingle with the group, and the girl named Hitomi was kind enough to give Kita proper instructions.” Why thank you Miss Hitomi we shall follow your instructions, you and your group continue to have a blessed day.” Kita watched as the group headed to their jet, while she and Celestine turned towards their Helicopter. Once they made their way back inside Celestine started the engines and started lift off heading to the Southeast. Celestine put the helicopter on auto pilot and turned to her mistress giving her applause. “Bravo! Miss Kita! bravo!!” Kita took a playful bow in her sit and responded to her sister’s gesture. “That was easier than I thought it was going to be, they reveal some valuable information to me and now the game can really begin. However the one in the mask…Crown they called him…he interests me and must know more about him. You have done well Celestine you can head home now I will take care of the rest.” Celestine gave a playful salute to her mistress and replied saying "Alrighty then sis, but can I keep this helicopter?’ Kita shrugged her shoulders “ It doesn’t matter to me, but what does a vampire like yourself need this contraption for since can fly already? Celestine chuckled out loud “I just want it keep it as a reminder of this nice little field trip we had, and how adorable you can look; before you get all mean, nasty and murderous to people later.” Kita just shook her head letting out a sigh, “Sentimentally will be the end of you Celestine.” With that Kita vanished out of the chopper.

Instantaneously the chaos queen appeared before the massive temple still ahead of the group of heroes. "Those fools will be here in a few moments, time to see what they are made of.” Kita quickly tapped into her chaos powers and sent a surge of energy into the shifting sands creating a large crimson pentagram. The ground began to slightly rumble as the howls of deranged beast echoed through the area, yet their physical forms were not seen. They were creature that once roamed ancient Egypt there were created by dark priests who once tried to summon Kita to this plane. Known as the Zim Da Mak they are skilled warriors who can assimilate their targets and have them join their cause with their left hands. Kita gave the order to them over their snarls and howls. “I have guests that will soon arrive give them a welcome to remember your Queen commands!!!” The monstrous sounds and shifting sands slowly started to subside. The trap was now set The Zim Da Mak that numbered fifty strong was ready to strike. Kita turned her attention to the temple itself; a wondrous structure in it’s own right. Turning her body into a black mist she entered through the cracks of the temple and await a chance to strike again

The Zim Da Mak
The Zim Da Mak

@Sonata: @Kuma_From_Argentina:

Crown got onto the plan himself and quickly had a change of clothes. He realized that he'd have to pass an airport in Egypt so his Phantom outfit was out of question. Having done that he took a seat and leaned back. Quiet a few members of FCL had methods to get to Egypt with their own powers. In fact, Crown could have teleported everyone and the equipment there, but that wasn't the point. He wasn't doing this for the goal, the treasures or rewards. This time he was doing it for nothing but the excitement and journey itself. Of course spending time with the members of FCL was great too. Simply put, he wasn't in a hurry.

Most of the flight Crown spent talking with the members of FCL, providing the entertainment Sam asked for, a flat screen TV and a wide collection of movies and fine food. He ensured that it would be a nice ride.

Arriving in Egypt they took some time to get past all the control points, especially with the amount of equipment Crown was carrying around. After all the paperwork was final done they were allowed to enter the city. But instead of heading straight west for the desert, they checked in in a hotel.

This was going to be an enjoyable trip.

@Fehafare:

Callis kept pushing forward, hoping to find something, but much to his chagrin the thing that he found was the city he started the travel from. Seemingly he had travelled in circles. The Beast Knight lowered his head in defeat and decided to go back to the City and maybe get more information. Callis Nomene wasn’t the kind of man that is defeated easily; this was more a blow to his pride as a hunter and tracker than anything else, and he would consider such blow something necessary, as it would humble him and humbleness is a virtue worth chasing.

In no time he reached the outskirts of the City and planned to investigate a bit around what the people here called the Tourist Area of the town, even with translation granted by a simple spell, one of the few he could cast, The Beast Knight couldn’t understand the concept of a tourist, what was the point to explore places that were already known or travel to far away locations without any other objective than rest and relaxation, he considered the whole idea vexing to say the least. Callis had developed an acquired hatred for the cities in this world.

Not that he hated the inhabitants or anything, but the massive amount of sensorial input was overwhelming to say the least, he had troubles back on his world, but here most of the biggest cities were almost unbearable unless he used some kind of restrictive measures on his ears and nose. He could hear a faint noise that others couldn’t, unknowingly to him the Beast Knight could listen ultrasounds or other registers way above or below what a human could hear. Callis try to remember the path he took leaving town and went back to square one, the Tourist Side, were he started looking for a guide or a map vendor.

"BEST HOLIDAY EVER!!" SamJaz shouted, arms in the air as Aleister staggered into the hotel, giving SamJaz a piggyback ride.

@Sonata: @Fehafare: @Kuma_From_Argentina: @SamJaz:

During the trip, Arthur and Matt mostly played games on one of the PS3 that the plane obviously had installed. Upon landing, they were ready to take on any challenge Egypt can throw at them. First thing after landing, Arthur had to drag SamJaz off of Aleister's back. "Who in their right mind gave you title of Emperor?"

While Arthur was questioning the sanity of the God Emperor of Empire Exalted, Matt decided to question Crown a bit about what awaits them in Egypt. "Just how much do you know about this temple? I don't think it would be good to go in blind, do you?"

"Funny thing." SamJaz shrugged. "Remember that casino where I won all those cloned slaves? And there was also an opera colosseum, and a dozen or so paradox clone farms that we liberated. Yeah, Alvin dumped them in the middle of a seven nation war zone that I had to conquer in order to keep them alive. Last I checked the nation was a hundred and sixty years old. Everything's pretty good right now, except for the Dwarven mech attacks to the west and the Fire Nation to the south brewing up for war, but we'll sort it out."

"The campaign was glorious." HE_IS recalled. "It was shortly after conquering the Tunnels of Dweven that the first Astartes Augmentation procedures began, in order to combat the far-western katven empire."

"Spoilers." SamJaz sighed. "I'm just glad I'm only Emperor right now. Not looking forward to the intergalactic campaigns, that's for sure."

@Sonata: @Kuma_From_Argentina:

"Come on Arthur we're here to enjoy ourselves." Crown somewhat complained as he had Sam pulled of his back. Thinking about it, it probably sounded strange to say something like that with a guy mounted to your back. But he quickly gets it out of his mind. Instead he turned to Matt and his question.

"Honestly, i know that it's a really old temple and that it's somewhere in the Sahara Desert. That's about it." he stopped there for a second, realizing that he was taking this way more casually than the had planned in the first place. It didn't bother him, it just surprised him, perhaps even in a positive way.

"Don't worry, i'm sure we'll do fine, i mean we survived that hellhole after all."

After that the team proceeded to their rooms, fooling around for some time, abusing the room service, enjoying the pool and spending some time shopping and sightseeing in the city. When everything was done and tried, they moved onto the actual operation. Crown changed into his Phantom outfit and payed a few men to load a few crates onto a jeep. They left the city and headed west, into the desert. There they were left alone, completely exposed to the heat.

Using the telecinetical powers Crown gained in the events of Hellscraper he opened the crates and quickly started moving stuff. In a matter of minutes of a makeshift camp was there, with tents, sleeping bags, a fridge and a communication system.

They were all set.

HE_IS sniffed the dry air. "There are foes to slay here." He commented, Bolter in hand.

"And that's why we're here." SamJaz said, grinning. "So, night time assault or are we going to nap out here?"

Hitomi didn't say anything, but could have simply been due to polite boredom. Much as she loved these guys, tomb raiding seemed too much like work.

@Fehafare:

Callis got fed up of the city streets and looked for higher ground to diminish the strain on his senses. He liked the people of this world, and the colorfulness of this city, so reminiscent of cities in his own world, at least the residential areas. Those neighborhoods were miserable yet he could feel a bit of nostalgia. This part of town was too new and too noisy, with some strange buildings seemingly made of crystal, but most of them still surrounded by local residences, that were a contrast between old and new. The Beast Knight looked for a secluded spot and climbed the side of a building with the confidence of an expert. This could have been much faster if he had used his claws, but as many other traits inherited from his father he despised them, not caring about the clear advantages of using them.

The Knight had a lucky break, as when he reached the top of the building his hearing was free from the cascade of stimulus and could pick up other comments. In a stroke of blind luck he listened “"Honestly, i know that it's a really old temple and that it's somewhere in the Sahara Desert. That's about it." He turned around and pinpointed the source of the phrase, it was an hotel, a building similar to the Inns of his world, but in a much larger scale. The Knight moved towards it, jumping with feline grace from rooftop to rooftop, yet a badly calculated jump, landing on a old ceiling, that buckled under his weight and broke, ended his mad rush towards the source of the sound. Seemingly each bit of good luck is followed with bad luck, as the Beast Knight fell through several floors, all with equally poorly construction values until he managed to latch to a ledge with his leg.

He exited the building after shaking some of the dust from his cape and asking for apologies, leaving almost all his remaining money to pay for the damages. He saw as several vehicles left the hotel and he could hear the source of the sound in one of them. It was do or die, so he followed them until the outskirts of town and watched them keep going. Now he had a trail to follow, he rented a horse and followed as swiftly as he could, with some canteens hanging over his shoulder, more prepared than the last time.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel