OmegaMekix's Bio

Topic started by OmegaMekix on Jan. 9, 2010. Last post by BattleHeiz 3 years, 6 months ago.
Post by OmegaMekix (3,847 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Newdeath: I wouldn't call this new update cool. I didn't change much, mainly organizing the powers and adding 'toxins' in abilities. But thanks anyway.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@OmegaMekix: I was being nice LOL 

ND
@Newdeath: Thanks. I guess it hard to be nice to someone trying to be modest. But the compliment was good, I appreciate it.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@OmegaMekix: Your welcome :) 

ND
Update
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@OmegaMekix: You could mention the changes you made. Otherwise its confusing somehow.
I infer the you added the nanobots part with the recent upgrade. Am I right?
@willyvereb: Oh sorry

Updates I did
  • Mostly added/changed pictures.
  • Added two new abilities
  • Corrected a few mistakes.
  • and cleaned up the bio to make it a little more enjoyable.
I did some work on the nanobots but not much. Any recommendations of anything I should add/edit/omit?
@OmegaMekix: I always wondered about the energy source of your nanobots for example.:)
To create new nanobots and then make them perform various task requires quite some energy.^^
@willyvereb: Good point, I should add that to the nanobot section quickly. But just to answer your question quickly (so you don't have to read over my bio again) they are mostly thermo-powered and Mekix can create enough heat to supply them energy by eating a lot. Trust me, Mekix can eat a whole buffet and start feeling the effects of fullness, they take that much energy.
@OmegaMekix: Mere thermal energy? At least if it would be biochemical energy from food then I can believe it...somewhat.
To tell the truth apocalyptic dreams about the Grey Gooand else is usually ridiculous as they ignore this factor...and many others.
Well, this is RPG and anime RPG at that! We have non-existent magical energy and almighty Ki flowing everywhere. Bringing real science to this is almost like heresy.:)
I am just curious....as always:)
@willyvereb: 

Thermal energy is sufficient enough. Remember that these machines are extremely small and do not much energy to power themselves. When digesting food thermal energy is the result, more food equals more energy. Even if thermal energy isn't the best supply it is the most abundant so both me and the nanobots had to co-evolve to get the best results; I can supply thermal energy the easiest and the nanobots need as much energy as they can get. Heat is very good at being transferred so this also allows me to power them up quickly.  
@OmegaMekix: They're small but if they can form whole weapons and else then we're talking about something else. Nanobots-weapons in general need more energy than the solid classical version of the same weapon. The nanobots have more variety and the ability to self-repair but exactly because of that they need more energy.
@willyvereb: I'll think of something better later. For now I'll do what every other successful writer would do; let it become a plot hole. But seriously, I consider that method good enough for now and I don't want any inhuman ways of gaining that energy (ie, being electrocuted, consuming nuclear waste, magical device, etc). Thanks for the input anyway, it helped me realize I need to think of some better method.
@OmegaMekix: Well it isn't a rule that you must provide the energy for the nanobots yourself. It could be a faraway cosmic energy. Afterall we're speaking about alien nanobots... ^^
Also it explains how you could mimic others' physical abilities to that great extend.
@willyvereb: I can mimic others physical feats because of hormones. As unrealistic as that sound hormones are actually capable of many things we have not yet imagined.
@OmegaMekix: Hormones? I need to reread that part. 
And it is indeed unrealistic. There are certain physical limits of the human body itself. It isn't about hormones...it's biomechanics. The tendons have an absolute limit, bones could break, muscles could tear from too much power. Hormones are just simple neurotransmitters. They can do quite a few things but the human body itself has its absolute limits.
Copying Newdeath's physical abilities for example would be impossible with mere hormones. We need to ignore reality(magic, ki) or reinforce the body(mutations, nanomachines etc...of course magic and Ki too) or reconstruct the whole body structure(you could guess how).
Newdeath's physical abilities are simply impossible to achieve for a human...
@willyvereb: True, I've forgotten about those limitations. It is difficult trying to be very realistic in a universe with super-powered people. I'll need to think of new ways to make these things plausible. Thanks for pointing out the flaws, I'll try to patch up the errors soon.
@willyvereb: 

Ok, I've just amended how the nanobots get energy and alter the halo to make the hormones aspect more realistic. If you find any flaws please tell me soon. Thanks willyvereb, you've helped a good deal with this bio.

On a side-note to everyone else. Another mini-update fixing unrealistic themes I still held and upgraded the nanobots section and abilities. I've realized (thanks to Nerx for showing me character who use nanobots to a better advantage) that I have been underestimating their capabilities. I'll be fixing it for the next couple of days.
@OmegaMekix: Great. While it may sound a bit strange somehow but you gave good enough explanations to make your abilities at least plausible. I have to say you did it much better than most of comic heroes.  Your ability descriptions are perfect for this site. You don't need to be any more specific.:)

The hormones part is good but if you really want to be more through we can call those hormones insted intelligent neurotransmitter nanobots or anything alike. I mean those advanced hormones obviously do more than just hyper-activating certain body receptors.:p
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@willyvereb said:
" @OmegaMekix: Great. While it may sound a bit strange somehow but you gave good enough explanations to make your abilities at least plausible. I have to say you did it much better than almost all comic heroes.  Your ability descriptions are perfect for this site. You don't need to be any more specific.:)  The hormones part is good but if you really want to be more through we can call those hormones insted intelligent neurotransmitter nanobots or anything alike. I mean those advanced hormones obviously do more than just hyper-activating certain body receptors.:p "
fixed there
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel