Multiple Enigmas: The Bright Stars of Tokyo

Topic started by Kuro_San on Nov. 15, 2011. Last post by Kuro_San 3 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Kuro_San (1,352 posts) See mini bio Level 11

The night was dark, the moon didnt shed any light over the city of Tokyo. This closed night was perfect to claok the activities of the infamous criminal syndicate known as Mangetsu, that were receiving payment for their services. The lights from the buildings were obscuring the sky, not letting any star shine over the darker parts of the city. The harbour was one of that places, were the always efficient Mangetsu officer had a tight security perimeter around the dock were they were getting the Kisekian Technology their boss got by letting troops to the Kisekian Warlord Akuma Shinma, better known as Newdeath. I'm freezing out here, said one of the guards, a new one, to his partner, while they patrolled the hallways between the piles of containers. Why are we outside while there is a guard post here? This is a shitty job! I always thought that working for Mangetsu was only fame and bling, but I, Shinjuro Tokio, the leader of the most powerful gang in Sapporo, I'm doing henchmen work! The guard seemed quite angry, and his pride was hurt. Shhhh! lower your voice rookie, said the veteran guard, I dont care if you were the scourge of the nation, or the leader of the Blood Donation from Hell, in Mangetsu we all obey Kuro-san without asking for raises, if you work and prove your worth you'll get ascended. The Veteran, kept talking, as he explaind the rookie about the work benefits, Look at me, I was the henchman of a gang leader just like you, back when I was young, Mangetsu hired us all, and now I'm eight levels higher than my old boss, that cleans bathrooms in the mercenaries bunkers. The young Tokio only got angered even more and snapped with fury in his voice, I dont care about your life story you old timer! I'm greater than you and anyone else, and I'm going to prove it! With that said he stormed off.

Tokio, known from his gang years as Golden Tiger, for his weird dyed hairdo, that seemed stripped like a tiger. He walked from the perimeter towards the center of guards, leaving behind the electrified wiring of the perimeter and roaming with anger throught the labyrinth-like of containers, piled up in different heights and in different groups. The Kintora rushed throught them and then entered the Dock 19 throught the guarded door, as the dock was inside a building. The ships that were downloading their cargo, were covered by at least 30-40 guards, and the whole aquatic perimeter around the dock had hundred of mines and cams, making entry trhought the water something impossilbe, as the mines were of the highest tech posible and could detect any kind of tampering, and also the cams could detect intruders in any kind of cloaking. The young and brash gang leader almost jumped up the stairs and reached the main control room, decided to challenge one of those so called elite officers and gain his, at least for him, rightful place. He almost broke the door after opening it with fury and shouted, You cowardly bastards, too comfortable in this hut, come and face me! I'll show you who is the best in Mangetsu! Kintora didnt realized of his mistake before it was too late, the coordinator of this mission Tsukimori-san was talking to Kuro-san by a communication link, and one of the mercenaries was also on the room. From his position Tokio couldnt hear the man in the communication, but he only saw the mercenary nodding, before his head was deattached from his body. How sad, how sad, this grief puts pressure on my heart, The sword wielding warrior, named Zan, seemed sad, as he let out a small tear.

Zan-dono, said Tsukimori-san with a forced calm voice, as he didnt liked this weeping warrior. Get ready, we dont know if the people from Ebisu, or even Cementerio can show here, I need you and your sister to be focused in the task at hand, you'll have time to cry afterwards. Zan, the weeping swordsman, cleaned his face with the sleeve of his kimono with a swift and precise movement, only removing the intact tear drops, that landed on the ground. How true, how true, Tsukimori-dono you're right, I'll weep for this poor man soul, when the time is right. Tsukimori-san also hated that verbal tick of repeating the first part of each sentence. But he withstood it with stoicism for three reasons, first, this was an official Mangetsu operation and he was too loyal and too smart to go against his Aniki wishes. Second, even with all the drama and the bothersome antics, Zan could cut a raindrop in half and repeat that feat for hours in a storm and stay dry in the middle of the worst tempest ever. The third reason was more personal, as Tsukimori-san wanted to date Zan little sister, and for that he needed Zan approval, as he was the head of her, very, very traditional family. As he thought of the object of his affection, he didnt even considered that somebody would try to infiltrate this dock.

Zan, the Weeping Blade
Zan, the Weeping Blade
Post by Dr_Paradox (382 posts) See mini bio Level 10

The Kurimuzon. Infamous crimson eyes belonging to the notorious hybrids of the Kisekian superhuman race. Feared for possessing the deadly set of supernatural eyes, all Kurimuzon users find themselves consumed by the negative energy/evil generated by their powerful eyes, all but one. A mysterious masked Kisekian hybrid who goes by Paradox, is the only Kurimuzon user who for some reason has not been dragged to the darkness by the claws of evil. How this is even possible is not yet fully known as even Newdeath himself, the most powerful Kisekian in all of history has no idea of Paradox's existence. But oh how Paradox knows of Newdeath, his hatred for the manipulative tyrant grows as each day passes by. This hatred coupled with Paradox's compulsion to do good forces him to take a shot at Newdeath every chance he gets. And recently, it seems as though luck is on Paradox's side. Recently, The Wizard has received some information from an anonymous source that Newdeath is transporting some Kisekian technology to an unknown business partner. "So the tyrant's technology is being transported to the Tokyo docks huh?", mysterious Paradox asked as a former Kisekian soldier informed him. "Yes. I don't know who he is aiming to give this technology to but whoever it is, he must be waiting at the Tokyo docks or at the very least he has some people there to get his shipment for him", the Kisekian soldier answered. "And you're sure of this?", Paradox asked, wanting a proper confirmation. "Completely certain of myself. I was there when Newdeath was informing us of this. I was one of the guards assigned to guard the shipment but I decided to escape. I'm sick of serving that tyrant! So here I am, telling you this", the Kisekian soldier replied, calming down somewhat.

It was interesting to see that one of Newdeath's cronies was courageous or better yet stupid enough to secretly betray The King. "Good. So if what you're saying is true, then your sacrifice will not be in vain. Because I'll make sure this technology doesn't get to whoever its being sent to", Paradox replied, calmly, slightly confusing the Kisekian soldier. "What do you mean sacrifice?", the soldier asked, puzzled. "It's a real pity that you Kisekian soldiers don't know what your own master has done to you all. Or in your case, former master", Paradox continued, "Every single Kisekian soldier is branded with a special tattoo called a Shokan Tattoo that is only visible to those with the Kurimuzon. And you've been branded, most likely during your sleep. It's a quick and painless process in order to ensure that none of his men betray him", Paradox said, showing how much he knows about Newdeath, making him more dangerous to the infamous tyrant than most of the other heroes in the world due to his great knowledge on Newdeath and Kiseki Island. "What do you mean tattoo?", the soldier asked, sounding more alarmed this time. Sighing as he placed his hand on the soldier's shoulder, Paradox answered the worried soldier's question, "I mean that you're going to die. It pains me to tell you this but the tattoo is set to detonate the body that it is on once thoughts of betrayal emerge in Kisekian soldiers. Unfortunately for you, you were one of the few who even dares to think of betraying Newdeath, and for that, you'll die. I'm sorry but your actions tonight will benefit the world in the defeat of that monster", Paradox said, before vanishing in thin air, teleporting to the Tokyo docks as the Kisekian soldier was left speechless. "What? How can this be true?", he asked himself, followed by a drop of sweat from his forehead and without even uttering another breath, a bright green glow enveloped his body as he suddenly, exploded violently.

Appearing behind a car near the docks, Paradox was quick to activate his Kurimuzon, knowing that if there are people there waiting for the shipment's arrival, he must at least be aware of their location in the docks. "So I see that whoever this person is, he didn't hesitate to have this place swarmed with guards", Paradox thought, being sure to maintain his silence. "This situations calls for some stealth", Paradox realized as he put the hood of his dark cloak over his head, making him appear even more shadowy, as if his mysterious mask wasn't enough. Using his Kurimuzon to conceal his presence from the guards, Paradox slithered deeper into the docks and behind a wooden box, he waited for the shipment to arrive so that he could quickly snatch it from Newdeath's mysterious ally. Until then, Paradox would not engage in any kind of combat unless completely necessary.

PING-PING-PING-PING-PING-PING Intruder in the perimeter, crossed the wiring... The electronic voice of the security alerted Tsukimori-san of the intruder. Zan-dono please warn your sister and send her towards the intruder possible location, her skill is best to search, Kuro-san right hand man stood up as he turned the silent alarm switch, so every guard would be extra alert without rising any suspiction, just as they were trained. When she contacts you, please go, as her skills are more useful to find the enemy, and your to exterminate whoever he is. The Weeping Blade stood up as well and cleaned his teary eyes How pityful, how pityful, why do my sister and me take care of the intruder? He is just a one guy, or girl, at least according to your technological junk. Zan disliked technology, as he thought of it as unrefined and opposed to his traditional upbringing. Trying to remain calm Tsukimori-san replied, Zan-dono, this intruder moved throught at least more than a dozen of highly trained veterans with cutting edge detection technology, there are only four humans that can pull something like this, and two of them are under our payroll and the other two are clients. Zan laughed at this statement, How weak, how weak, is your explanation, since there is a hole in it, if you have all of them who can make this? An alien? The Red Right Hand, Tsukimori smiled and replied with a enigmatic smile, That's one of the chances, you are familiar with the top players and as me you know that there isnt anything normal in this world. That's the reason we need both of you, so please call your sister.

How fascinating! How fascinating! An alien? I'll search for him in a second Zan Oni-san. From the rooftop a girl carrying a heavy bag, that seemed full of cilindrical obejcts moved towards the container maze, were it was the estimated hiding spot of the intruder. The zone was about 300 mts square and was directly linked to the dock by a heavily guarded door with snipers aiming towards it. There were hundreds of Containers, wooden boxes, raw materials and other stuff lying around. Zan Oni-san I'll start the infinite puppet blades circle so tell Tsuki-chan to ask his men to stay still. Aoi, the Blade Pupeteer, unleashed her bag and a thousand swords flied throught the air, tied to her hands throught highly durable Shinku Kurogane alloy, a secret of the her family, that was also the main material of his brother blade. The thousand swords formed a circle around the suspected zone, and started moving throught the hallways in lineal trajectories, leaving a small slice in the floor, as the blades were sharper than any conventional bladed weapon you could get in the world. How fun, How fun is searching for aliens, moving my blades in perfect harmony. The swords were covering each gap in the containers and each possible hiding spot, leaving a complex design engraved in the concrete. Slowly but steady the swords moved towards Paradox location, that as he lacked of the proper transmissor, he would be caught if he even tapped the sword or the almost invisible cord, that took the temperature from it's surroundings and thus invisible to heat detection.

Aoi, the Blade Pupeteer.
Aoi, the Blade Pupeteer.
Post by Dr_Paradox (382 posts) See mini bio Level 10

In a heartbeat, the alarm rang, alerting every single guard in the docks but only them. Paradox himself had no idea of the alarm's existence. Suddenly, the masked enigma began to hear the collective voices of approaching individuals, they were faint due to the amount of distance however, with his above-average hearing, Paradox had no trouble hearing them. So apparently they were heading towards his location, not only did the alarm alert the guards of an intruder but it seemingly informed them of Paradox's location. "Oh? This is interesting", Paradox thought as his Kurimuzon detected some mysterious blades approaching him, completely surrounding him. "So it seems that they know that this is where I'm hiding. Well this calls for a drastic change in my plan", Paradox realized as he remained silent. What could he do now? Unnatural blades were approaching him while numerous individuals now knew of his presence. Mysterious Paradox had only one plan in mind. "An attempt at confusing them will do me some good.. possibly", Paradox chuckled. Though he was in a dangerous situation, he was quite calm and could think clearly. Still remaining visually hidden, Paradox extended his unique undetectable Omni-Field to cover the entire docks. Pulling out a small diamond knife from his cloak, Paradox held it tightly in his hand. "Time to put my plan in motion.. well my new plan", Paradox decided. And in a matter of seconds, he created a large number of physically identical clones of himself spread separately throughout the docks. This would most likely confuse whatever detection system was being used as it would alert the guards that there are indeed multiple intruders in the docks. "Hopefully this will keep the guards off of me for a while", Paradox thought.

Each one of his identical clones held a diamond knife in their hand. Paradox was careful to arm them considering that his clones do not possess any of his powers and are as strong as the average human male. Interestingly enough, though these weak clones may be less than useful in direct battles, for stealth purposes they are quite useful and in the case that they are captured, none of Paradox's abilities can be studied due to the simple fact that his clones are powerless. "Now the guards will detect multiple intruders and I won't be the only one being sought after since my clones will be taking some attention away from me", The Wizard thought, noticing that the surrounding blades were creeping in, getting closer and closer to him. "Hmm. If I can barely.. just barely touch the tip of one of those blades, I can absorb their physical properties", Paradox realized, "It could be useful in the case that the blades are much stronger and sharper than I'm aware of. And if I find myself with no choice but to fight then being as powerful as my opponent's blades could be useful", and with that decision made, Paradox tapped the tip of one of the blades and instantly absorbed its physical properties. "It's definitely a strong material", Paradox noticed. Not wanting to be found just yet, Paradox instantly teleported to one of the omni-particles on the other side of the docks. "It'll probably take them some time to get all the way here. So I guess I'll just wait here for one of the guards to come but they'll be too busy with all the sixteen clones I spread around the docks. I'll just wait here for the shipment to arrive", Paradox decided, hiding behind a cluster of boxes. Keeping his Kurimuzon's cloaking on, Paradox was most likely concealed from the guards however, he didn't forget that there was something that could still detect his presence. A detail that he must always remember if he is to succeed in his mission.

The string that got touched revelead Paradox location to Aoi. The Swordmistress opened the commlink with her elder brother How amusing, how amusing, a fish is caught in my net. Could it be fat, or could it be skinny, only one way to find out. From the other side of the link, How dangerous, how dangerous, dont you dare to do that Aoi! Zan repplied with grief and concern in his voice, something that Tsukimori-san, that was in the same room took like a bullet to the head, as the whole operation was placed under his command by direct order of Kuro-san and failing wasnt an option. What's wrong Zan-dono!? what's happening!? The Right hand mand of the Underworld Emperor asked, with evident concern for the operation and for Aoi. Zan let out a tear from each eye, and cleaned with a handkrief, How sad, how sad, when so many souls go to cross the Sanzu river. The Weeping Swordmaster cleaned his cheeks, as now the tears just kept flowing, How shameful, how shameful, so many good men have to die, since Aoi skills dont distinguish friend from foe. Tsukimori-san was rendered speechles for a moment, how could Aoi, a young woman that was always working with her brother a danger for his men, Z-Zan-dono? started asking Tsukimori-san to get the over emotional swordman attention. Aoi-chan skills were meant to search, right? If you always are the one the dealt with the enemy, why is she attacking? Zan finished cleaning the tears, and with his eyes still watery answered that question, How sharp, how sharp, he said while bowing, My sister usually does the scouting, and I usually do the killing, but not becouse she lacks skills, the real reason is th.... CRACK....SWISH...CRASH! Zan words were interrupted by a series of horrible sounds from outside, and with a chorus of human screamed, followed by the wet sounds of blood and guts splattered all over the place. The cams from the security central were the Operation Coordiantor and the Weeping mercenary were blinded from outside, more likely as the were destroyed by the same thing that caused the myriad of horrible sounds. EVERYONE! REPORT THE SECURITY CENTRAL! Tsukimori barked the orders throught the collective commlink. How sad, how sad, your men are already dead, they were put to sleep with the "Lullaby of a Thousand Blades", Aoi's most powerful skill. Anybody out of this building is dead, or in his way to be. The right hand man of the most powerful man in the criminal underworld stood speechless, wondering what happened out there....

Returning to the point were Aoi talked in the commlink, in the rooftop of the dock. Once she cutted the commlink her face shifted from a placid faint smile, the perfect face of a Yamato Nadeshiko, the ideal of beauty in Japan, to a bloodthristy grin. cOmE oN lEt'S pLaAaAaY! Aoi face got twisted by a hateful smile as she spoke and her eyes let out a sadistic light. As she feverishly moved her hands, the bones inside crackes, handling a hundred swords in each finger, her wrist and digits strenght was amazing. The veins in her arms were starting to appear, streching the skin around them. iF yOu WoNt CoMe OuT aNd PlAy, aLiEn-ChAn, i'Ll SeArCh FoR YoU!!! iSsEn KeN! KoMoRi-UtA! The blades tied to high-durable and flexible cables danced like before, but instead of an organizated and harmonious symetry this time around the blades moved in a state of anarchy, cutting and slashing anything in the dockshard but the building were she was standing, the boat was docked, and his brother and Tsukimori-san, plus a handful of guys were inside. The maze of containers was slashed into slices, that fell with a thunderous sound. The poor guards that were patrolling outside got chopped into bloody bits, as they cried for their mothers, family and friends in their last hour. hAhAhAhA! bLeEd iNsEcTs, bLeEd fOr mE hAhAhAhAhA! The whole dockshard was being torn by a thousand blades dancing in an erratic frenzy, locking on anything that stood inside the wired area and shredding it into torned pieces of the thing that was originally standing. The blades moved with inhuman speed and angle, as Aoi could make sudden and vertiginous turn by making the wires collide and thus changing their angle and speed. This task took ther whole concentration, but she could keep it for hours if needed. The Blade Pupeteer wouldnt stop until anything between the wired perimeter and the Closed Dock were she was standing was destroying and utterly slashed down

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel