Mind the Gap [RP]

Topic started by Fehafare on April 1, 2014. Last post by Fehafare 3 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by Fehafare (9,350 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Crown was sitting in the living room together with Hagane. It was close to noon and that morning he had been woken up by a phone call by Sam. They needed to meet for some reason and that's why Crown was waiting in the first place. He was a little bit nervous in fact as he wasn't told what the reason was over the phone so it might be something important or even urgent. Well he could only wait. "Hag you have any idea?" he asked Hagane sitting next to him as he gazed over to his left. That's when he smiled reminding himself of the second change that happened this morning. He had a weapon fixed to his arm. The inquisitor blade Sam gave him a while ago. Crown probably didn't have any direct use for it as things were, but it was nice to have a backup melee weapon at the ready in case things happened and it was easy to reply.

Though he wasn't even wearing the vanilla version, but rather a slightly modified one. The only really visible changes were small metal capsules at the base, not really noticeable unless you studied the blade or deal with it on a daily basis. They were meant to hold the liquids of Crown's magic roses. He fiddled around with the blade so that it could channel the properties of each of the roses by using a tiny drop of the liquid. He had a comfortable two button system for the rotation and application of the capsules. With all the features it had it should make for a trusty weapon in combat.

He leaned back and gazed at the ceiling.

Post by SamJaz (12,751 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Fehafare:

"She doesn't."

Hagane turned to see Samjaz, squatting upside-down in the corner of the ceiling before dropping to the floor, landing on his feet. "Do you have to do that?" She asked him.

"Practicing." He told her, before pulling a note from his pocket and handing it to Crown. "Got this from an individual who assisted me in preventing a certain gentleman from kidnapping your ass back in Egypt." SamJaz explained. "Told me to wait for an appropriate time, and I think this qualifies."

Post by ChronoWolf (2,230 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Fehafare: @SamJaz:

"Really? It's been several months since Egypt and I'm pretty sure there were far better opportunities to go fiddling with Crown's mind." The voice belonged to Arthur, who was leaning on the wall opposite of where Sam was being creepy just a moment ago. He was dressed rather casually, wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Right next to him was standing Matt. He was looking left and right, a bit confused. He whispered something to Arty, who simply told him that disorientation is not surprising when such an entrance is made for the first, or even twenty-first, time. Anything more probably is, though.

"So, um, hi guys." Matt smiled and waived to the two on the couch.

@ChronoWolf: @SamJaz:

Crown looked at the note, slightly confused. "Come on Sam, you made this up did't you? What do you want with my mind?" he asked while rubbing his head. The Egypt incident was a while back and he did get a bad whack on the head but to think that it was anything like Sam put it was rather hard to believe.

Shortly after Arthur and Matt popped up too. "Hi to you too but... guys you really need to learn to knock. My mansion has a front door you know." Crown leaned back once more.

"You know what, won't even argue. It's probably for my best anyway whatever it is, so yeah fiddle with my mind as much as you want." Crown finally said figuring that it was probably planned in the best intention anyway and everyone was there too so what could possibly go wrong?

@Fehafare: @ChronoWolf:

"Wait, shouldn't I leave for this?" Hagane asked as SamJaz whipped out his keyblade and pointed it at Crown's head, launching a beam of golden light into it.

"But this is so much more fun. Plus, it gives off a mysterious feeling, just popping up out of nowhere."

"I think I agree with Al on this one. Doors exist for a reason."

"Fine then, you can get here on your own next time, Matt."

Just as the two were done arguing, Hag asked if she should leave. Arty was about to call her silly, but he didn't have enough time before the golden beam struck Crown.

@SamJaz: @ChronoWolf:

Total blackout.

Not for Crown only but for everyone in the room. The beam of golden light hit him right in the forehead and then used his head as a prism enveloping everyone in the room. None of them could see a thing. White light blinded their vision, it probably didn't have anything to do with their eyes, rather that was all that was there and that could be seen. The whiteness slowly cleared out, with it's brightness also disappeared the pain in the eyes. With vision sound came too. They were all still there, close to each other, around the distance everyone was when Sam fired the beam. But they were not inside the same room anymore.

It was a train.

The inside of a train, a moving one too. The sound indicated that as well as the dim lights they passed under, the lights of an otherwise pitch-black tunnel.

Crown looked around checking if everyone's okay, first looking to his left to confirm that Hagane was alright. Relieved he smiled at her before turning to the others.

"Sam? Explain."

"This is the inside of your head." Samjaz explained. "Well, part of it. The train's just a metaphor. As are a lot of things. You've got some deep dark secrets locked in your head and we're going to find them!"

Hagane touched Aleister on the shoulder. "If there's anything you don't want us to see, just imagine a closed door in front of that memory. It let's us know what you want us to avoid."

A dark tunel and dim lights... Figures that Crown would have something like that inside his mind. At least after Clare's death, it could be explained as his emo darkness, but he was supposed to be happy now... Oh well, Crown's mental problems l, not Arty's.

"Let us know that you want us to avoid them maybe, though we still might open the door." Arthur winked to show that he was joking.

"Ignoring Arthur's comments, why are we in here? I can understand Crown being in here and Sam's the one messing with this place, but what about the rest of us?" Matt asked as he examined the surroundings.

"Wait, you know about this?" Crown asked as he turned towards Hagane. This was bound to turn out bad one way or another. Why would they even bother to get secrets out of him? For all he knew this could just as well traumatize him for life. Well not like he could stop this metaphor train here anyway. "Ask Sam." Crown replied to Matt's question. He was the one with the note, the knowledge of who wanted this and he also started it.

The ride continued slowly in one straight line, after some minutes they could see a dim light off in the distance.

The exit to the tunnel was close.

"Everyone has a world inside of their heads." SamJaz explained. "Their own-"

"Say Imagi-nation one more time and I will murder you." Hagane snapped. "Mindscape. It's a mind scape- a geometaphorical manifestation of ones personality, memories, fantasies and relationships. I've been in my own mindscape with Sam a few times. The grass is red and the sky's orange for the most part, at least for the world bridges?"

SamJaz nodded. "You've got trains connecting one part of you to another, Hagane's got grassy paths, I've got space-time slipstreams, though Hitomi's bridges are the coolest." He pointed out. "She's got freaking watersides all over her head. It's awesome."

"Point is, why am I here?" Hagane asked. "And Matt and Arthur, we're surplus to requirements, aren't we?"

SamJaz frowned. "Hopefully." He said. "But there's a chance we'll need to go back in time if we screw something up. There's a chance we'll need to fundamentally alter something. There's a chance this whole adventure could go very wrong and we'll need a genius to get us out of this. Don't worry." SamJaz added casually. "I got Eli and his lads guarding the premises. We're cool."

"Huh. Cool. Never imagined Mindscapes could exist. I mean, I go to trips to my soul almost every month and I guess it's similar to a mindscape, but it's not the same. Don't ask me how I know it's different, I just do."

"Oh, and what's it like there? In your soul?"

"It's filled with blood, chains and screams. Except for two rooms. And if those two rooms were anything like the rest, I would have probably killed myself a long time ago."

"I.. Am not sure I want to know more..."

"Good. Though now I wonder what my Mindscapes looks like if my 'Soulscape' is so messed up... Moving on, how do we move on? Is the train just gonna stop on its own when it gets to the light or do we need to do something to stop it ourselves?"

"That doesn't sound too cool Sam..." Crown replied. Before turning to Hagane. "Huh? You don't want to be here?" he asked, running the possible reasons through his head. Crown chose to ignore Arthur comment on souls and minds but answer the last question he had. " No idea. It might be my head and all, but right now i'm no wiser than you guys are." just as Crown was saying those words they reached the dim light. The train flew through the air as the team was surrounded by grayness. The train softly hit the ground breaking apart and disappearing, but not before allowing the group to have a soft landing.

They had reached their destination.

@ChronoWolf: @Fehafare:

"I don't want to be here because I am not ready for this kind of intimacy!" Hagane snapped, before leaning back in her seat, face palming. "Sorry, not even my head we're in. You're the one getting violated."

Hagane leaned forward, then sideways to rest her head on Aleister's shoulder. "Just… don't get mad if I get freaked out by anything I see here." She told him. "You'd do the same in my head, and it's not fair on either of us to expect otherwise. Things are going to get freudian as hell."

"And that's why no one's allowed in my head." SamJaz pointed out. "Lobby's a fun bar and everything, but I weaponise my personal demons. It's in my best interest to stay emotional damage, and no one else should have look into the kind of hell I've contracted there."

Turning to the front of the train as it began to collapsed, a female voice could be heard, announcing their destination.

"You my friend overestimate your own messed up-ness. I bet you a hundred bucks I could go in there and stay there at least ten days without so much as getting spooked. Hey, you know what I just noticed? It's not fair if you're allowed to go into other people's minds, but they can't go into yours. That's why I'm gonna force you to take me there after we're done here. Actually, why don't we all visit each of our minds after we're done with Crown's . I'm sure we're either gonna strengthen our friendship greatly or we'll never want to see eachother again. So it's like playing Russian roulette."

"Oh..." Crown replied silently as he put his arm around Hagane. "It's alright." he added as he pecked her on the cheek. Though he said that it was alright Crown just became aware of his own fear. For all he knew anything Hagane saw her could upset her, especially things related to her. He really didn't want her to think badly of him because of stuff he wasn't even aware of. Before the conversation could go on they arrived.

"Welcome to the "Crown's Childhood Station." Please mind the gap." a monotone voice said as everyone touched the ground.

A bit strange as there was no actual gap to fall in there, but that was hardly what was on Crown's mind right now. Around them was a steely gray world. For a moment, it seemed nothing like a place Crown knew, but he quickly realized that it was not true. He indeed knew the location, how could he not, it was his kitchen. Well, not like anyone else on the team would come to the same conclusion. Not only was it completely gray, but it was absolutely giant. Everyone on the team was barely mouse sized when compared to the surroundings. Furthermore, this was how the kitchen looked years ago when Crown was a child and his father was still living there, a lot more old fashioned than what Crown had today. There wasn't much around them. Nothing in fact, other than the cupboards that were essentially walls to them.

There wasn't much more lying on the ground. Off in the distance was a table and the door leading into the hall.

Just as Crown wanted to start exploring someone approached them. A woman, tall, massive bust, red eyes and fair skin. Clad in a yellow cross between a leotard and bustier. A dark blue hoodie with a red hood with a fire pattern on it. Her hair was dark blue too combed straight with spiky ending and two cat ear like strokes standing out.

Crown saw her before.

And he did not forget her either.

"You..." he nearly growled at her.

"Sup people."

SamJaz and Hagane immediately stepped between Crown and the woman. "Everyone chillax." SamJaz ordered. "Crown, this is your Anima. Anima, this is your boy."

"She's your repressed femininity, your best friend here and we aren't going to get far without her." Hagane told Aleister. "So both of you, whatever argument you have, just kiss and make up now. We don't have time to be dealing with this."

"She looks familiar..." Matt commented as he looked at the anima to see if he could remember her. Then he turned red and slapped himself as he figured out what it could seem he was doing, especially considering the clothes she was wearing.

"No Matt, the word you're looking for is 'hot'. So that's Al's female version, ha? Cool, I guess. Why are we not going to get far without her?"

"What?" were the only words Crown could utter. He could understand if Sam thought like that, but Hagane? Why would he want to kiss that thing, or talk with it. Before he could actually voice his opinion the woman spoke. "Call me Chelsea." she said as she got a bit closer. "And yeah kid, better list to the other kid and to your lover. Good pick by the way, though you could have had me." she added with a slight grin. She pushed Hagane and Sam aside. "Now, now. Won't embarrass you or anything, a firm handshake must be in it tho." she said as she extended her arm. towards him.

Crown was reluctant, though he had no support and dragging it out wouldn't help. Shaking hands wouldn't kill him. He slowly took her hand and started moving up and down with his hand... only to be pulled into a firm hug, nearly breaking his back. "Return it or i'm not letting go." she said as his face was buried in her chest. After a few moments of struggle Crown did as he was told. "Good, wasn't too hard was it?" she asked. "And just so you know, you should be thankful. I did my best to hold back the urge to push my tongue down your throat. Anyway, let's move on folks while i explain what's gonna happen." Chelsea said as she started walking.

Crown just stood there.

Feeling humiliated, embarrassed and violated even.

He gazed over to Hagane to see what her reaction was.

"Feel better?" Hagane asked Crown.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel