Lute Hazama - Soul Linker [Character Bio]

Topic started by Legato on June 22, 2013. Last post by Daianosuke_Amoi 1 year, 1 month ago.
Post by Legato (24 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Lute Hazama - Soul Linker
Lute Hazama - Soul Linker
  • Name: Lute Hazama (pronounced as "Loot")
  • Alias: Soul Linker
  • Sex: Male
  • Race: Human
  • Alignment: Hero

Personality

Lute, when the supernatural aspects of his life are ignored, can be described as your average nice guy. At the university he's liked by most, be it professors or students and he rarely gets into trouble. He is popular with the ladies though he himself doesn't seem to realize that. Even though he's quiet popular, select people seem to hold some kind of grudge against him, be it because they believe that he doesn't deserve the attention he gets, or they are just plain jealous of him. But just like with his love life he seems to be oblivious to that and often thinks of all different possible answers for the behavior of those people. Despite the fact that he fails to realize the feelings others hold for him, he is a good listener and often solves the problems of those around him as long as they are not concerning him.

The situation at work isn't much different. Though the process at DIA is a bit slower as the people there have a much more distanced, cold and professional approach to him, many are already warming up to him and his personality. Lute has already gained the favor of many of the higher positions based on his performance in the earlier missions he was on. Many already consider him a valuable addition to the organization while others are skeptic about his usefulness and effectiveness. In the one year in DIA, he became his teams errand boy, if someone's going to get coffee during the breaks it's him. That position wasn't forced onto him by his seniors but something that he took up by himself, seeing it as his responsibility as the newest member.

While on a mission Lute is sharply focused and is in the perfect balance of following orders and ignoring them for the greater good. He has shown deep care for his teammates even if it's his first mission with them and doesn't know more about then than rank and name. He also displayed a natural leadership ability and has taken over the position of the team leader when the actual one was disable in some way. That has prevented chaos, panic and failure on quiet a few missions.

Lute has a love for spicy and hot food and is a skilled cook, in fact he often cooks for the whole team after a mission. He avoid alcohol as good as he can, the reason becoming apparent when one sees him during a celebration, with either DIA or university friends. A single glass of any liquid holding even the slightest amount of alcohol in it is enough to make him drunk. During those rare drunk moments, he transforms into a hotblooded passionate lady killer, though his advances always get turned down without exception while he's drunk. The next morning he doesn't remember anything and both his friends and teammates actually keep it a secret from him that that side of him even exists.

He seems to have a zero talent for sports and sucks at any single one he has ever tried.

He's devoted animal lover and takes care of the team dog at DIA and is also very skilled at doing housework which has earned him the label Ideal Husband.

Appearance

Powers and Abilities

Lute was born with the a natural mental superiority. The capacity of his brain surpasses that of normal humans and even that of modern supercomputers. His processing speed is also at that level and he can go through entire books and i a matter of minutes and he can perfectly memorize them. The most unique ability concerning his brain is the possibility of Overclocking it. Lute can divide his brain into chambers. With that he can take on various different problems at the same time without using any effectiveness or speed by solving the problems on parallel thought lines. He can quickly analyze situations and people while being completely calm in situations where other people would break down. That is what makes him a very effective soldier despite his young age and the fact that he lacks experience. While his mental capabilities are at their highest, his physical attributes are simply stuck on a level where there is no progress. Even though he has spent the entire year training at the DIA HQ, going through a special course as well as taking various DIA developed drugs that are supposed to increase performance he never managed to progress beyond the peak human real. His current body build and skills he has learnt allow him to beat up your average group of thugs on the street but he fails to actively compete with DIA members of his own rank as far as physical combat is concerned.

Rather than just making use of his mental abilities in the F Class, Dia developed a special program just for Lute which would allow him to go out on missions and even reach S Class in a relatively short period of time. During that program the Linker was developed. A cable that looks like nothing more than an USB cable. It was implanted into Lute's wrist and he can freely shoot it out and move it around and control it in mid air. The Linker allows Lute to "connect" to other living beings. Once a connection is established Lute's mind leaves his body and so does the enemies mind. They meet inside the Linker where a Mental World is generated based on several different factors, that world is a neutral zone and does not represent the inner world of either Lute or the person he is linked to so neither has a homefield advantage. During that time both Lute and his target are out cold and their bodies are just empty containers. If either of bodies is mortally wounded while they are outside of it the Mental World will collapse and both will die. If the Linker is cut or disconnected it can either cause destruction of the Mental World or rifts and holes in it. If that happens Lute and his target also lose the possibility to return to their bodies. Lastly Lute has an emergency switch, so that he can force both himself and the target back into their respective bodies. Lute always carries a small recorder with him which plays the explanation as soon as he and his target are out so that no one might try something, but he still relies on his allies to provide protection during this time.

While inside the Mental World Lute is no longer restricted by his physical capabilities and he can make full use of his mental powers. Though the possibilities are endless for him it is much easier for him to express powers and concentrate by using pre-made matters and modes which he calls Roles. Through the use of these Roles Lute gains various powers and abilities while inside the Mental World. There is no real restriction to the number of the Roles and Lute creates the mostly in his free time when he can sit down and think in silence.

Enemies that are caught in that world would most likely still have access to their normal physical stats and other powers they might have. Those that are inferior in intelligence and spirit might feel a decrease in their powers while those that have no powers yet have outstanding mental capabilities might even gain new powers while inside the Mental World. Death in the Mental World can result in death in the real world as well, but that doesn't have to be the case. Rendering someone unconcious or making them fall asleep is also an option. If Lute manages to beat his enemy inside the Mental World he gets access to their mind, allowing him to recall their memories and download any data, he can even make slight modifications to it.

It's worth noting that the Linker can't even be sensed by those who aren't on some sort of mental height and they won't be able to notice the existence of the cable. His only other equipment, besides the Linker is his mobile phone which can contact his team even while he's inside the Mental World as well as a Beretta 92 which he uses both in the physical realm as well as the Mental World.

Currently he only has three Roles as he was busy with various tasks at DIA as well as his university life

List of Roles:

0 - The Fool

Lute's very first and most basic Role. As he switches into the Role a white rose appears in his hand for a second. This Role, like most others grants him enchanted stats so that he can keep up with his enemies. While starting out as his weakest Role it can also become his most flexible one and it's the Role that leaves him the most freedom without actually restraining him, like a Role normally would. The Fool is the beginning of his journey through his own mind and as the number of Roles he has increases so will the power of The Fool increase. Unlike the other Roles he has it holds no specific affinity and as such it can do the job of many different Roles at once. It can also be considered a bar for Lute. When The Fool reaches it's completion as a Role so will Lute reach his completion as a person. The Fool is also the Role that represents his entire power set as it is the Role of the endless possibilities. Currently it is the Role that has the most skills out of the three he possesses.

Zero - The starting ability of The Fool. It is the ability which makes it unique and sets it apart from other Roles. Unlike the others which gain skills and powers as they progress, The Fool gains it's powers by getting other Roles. It gains a new skill for each new Role that Lute creates making it a very adaptable thanks to the wide array of different skills it gains. The skills gained through Zero evolve as the Roles from which they are gained do so it grows stronger with each mastery of a new Role. While the skills individually seem to be less powerful than the skills of other Roles, the fact that they can work together and support each other makes them much more effective than they seem at first. With that in mind, every strong Role that Lute creates also makes the Fool proportionally stronger and completing a Role also completes the skill that is associated with it giving it new power.

Skill Power Knowledge - The skill that is gained from the Magician Role. Skill, power and knowledge are all things that are represented by the Magician and are the first things The Fool comes in contact with on his journey. In the case of the Magician Role all three are expressed through the mastery of the arcane arts and his wisdom. Though of course that can't be the same for The Fool as it has no affinity for anything, thus magic is out of question for it. Instead the attributes have a much more simple application. First of all they increase the strength of Lute's blows and bullets. That increase of power happens directly before the impact, often fooling enemies which misjudge the strength behind Lute's blows as they look much weaker than they actually are thanks to this power. His skill and knowledge are also displayed and Lute can quickly notice openings in the enemies movement and attacks as well as spotting the enemies weakness even if they are not obvious at first.

Lady Luck's Smile - This is a skill gained through Lute's third Role, Fortune. As a role that relies on gambles and luck games it often comes off a very random. The Fool only gets the blessing of the luck though. Things that usually can't be dodged are evaded and attacks that should miss hit their mark. Lute's shot that missed might ricochet and hit the enemy in the back or he might end up tripping over and evading an attack that would have normally killed him. While it sounds very impressive, the usefulness of this power is somewhat limited as it's random and does not follow a pattern and as such it is not very safe to rely on, something that Lute avoids doing at all costs and as such he fights as if he didn't have this skill to avoid getting used to it. The skill has still saved him a few times even if he himself isn't aware of it.

1 - Magician

The second Role Lute created. Unlike the Fool it does not offer a great increase of stats and rather than that relies on long range combat and magic. The Role is bound to magic and arcane arts, mostly using different elemental powers to combat enemies. The Role also being one of his earlier ones can be called weaker than what this to come. In the end the only limiting factor for Lute is his own mind and his Roles will grow stronger the more he makes and the more comfortable he feels about making them. The Magician can already serve as an example as it leaves the safety of the Fool behind, which shields itself by not specializing and with that avoiding any weaknesses, and instead focuses on a single category while abandoning the others giving it exploitable weaknesses but also new strengths that come with them. Currently it has only one skill though it has the best reliable destructive force. When Lute switches to this role a cup appears behind him.

Grail of Flames - The first skill of the Magician Role which allows Lute to create and manipulate fire. A grail appears whenever he uses the skill and the flames come directly from the grail and then either directly poured onto the enemy and surroundings or first travel to Lute's hand where they are shaped and given form to create an attack. The flames appear in several different colors but so far that has not shown to have any actual effect on the heat or properties of the flame. Because the power is very broad and is not specific Lute has developed a huge amount of moves based around this skill, though they mostly revolve around medium and long range combat leaving him open if the enemy comes up close.

10 - Fortune

Lute's third Role. It is largely based on luck and gambling which while opens up a door to great power, is not very safe to use. When Lute switches to this Role to the Wheel of Fortune appears behind him and spins once before disappearing. It takes even more risks than the Magician as it's a completely based around luck. The skills that the Role will gain will slowly progress in power but also in risk, and it's completion would result in an inversion of those two stats. Like the Magician it currently only has one skill to offer and as such is not used as much as The Fool or the Magician because of the less usefulness of the random effects that come with it because the number of skills the Role has is very limited.

Wheel of Fortune - As soon as Lute switches into this Role, a silver revolver appears in his hand. The revolver is called Wheel of Fortune and doesn't have to be reloaded. The Revolver's cylinder spins before every shot and a random bullet is fired. The bullets that are fired from it can range from harmless party popper that don't do anything, over a wide range of destructive and negative effects all the way to healing and regenerative bullets that hold positive effects. The power of those bullets can surpass both the power the skills of The Fool as well as the skill of The Magician but just as that they can also be less effective or even support Lute's enemy. Despite that Lute seems to have picked up a liking in using both the Role and the skill.

Post by Legato (24 posts) See mini bio Level 7

And a new character is up.

Will probably need an update soon. Oh well at least i made him.

Post by SamJaz (11,891 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Online Now

YAY!

two, maybe three comments.

1) Can he use the Link Cable as a web shooter?

2) Reading about Overclocking it reminded me that Space Marines do something similar. They divide their brain processes so half of the brain can operate normally while the other half rests, allowing all the benefits of a normal sleep cycle while staying awake for several weeks.

3) SamJaz will have fun with Legato. Brainstorm.

Post by Fehafare (8,608 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@SamJaz:

1. He could, but rarely if ever does.

2. Can't exactly do that, but he can stay awake for days if not weeks, but that's more him being wired and strange and he still needs sleep tho.

3. I guessed that much, given the chance i might even make him summon a Persona (one scene wonder) one day.

Online Now

@Fehafare: Fun fact, pre-reboot SamJaz used a TV in a therapy session to give another character a persona. It was awesome.

Online Now

@SamJaz: Fun fact, Lute would make an awesome therapist even without his powers.

Online Now

@Fehafare: Not in that situation he wouldn't have. It was pretty rough.

Gonna head off now, try and get some postage in HS for me.

Online Now

@SamJaz: Will do and cya.

Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14

i might hire him sonata :b

Post by Sonata (35,228 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@haseo_yashimora said:

LOL He's not my character:P 

@Legato: Great character his Mental World power is similar to what I had in mind for Hexadecimal. She has the ability to remix peoples memories. If you played remember me you'll know what I am talking about:) 
Online Now

@haseo_yashimora: Lol, ain't it obvious that it's mine character?

@Sonata: I planned to do so but never got around. Might get the game at some point in the future. And thanks, but as usual, i got a lot of work to do on him.

@Fehafare said:

@haseo_yashimora: Lol, ain't it obvious that it's mine character?

@Sonata: I planned to do so but never got around. Might get the game at some point in the future. And thanks, but as usual, i got a lot of work to do on him.

>_>

@Sonata said:

@haseo_yashimora said:

LOL He's not my character:P

@Legato: Great character his Mental World power, are similar to what I had in mind for Hexadecimal. She has the ability to remix peoples memories. If you played remember me you'll know what I am talking about:)

>_> u have so many characters i cant tell if there you or not anymore FOR ALL I KNOW ME AND YOU ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE ON VICE! j/k

Online Now

@haseo_yashimora: My Bios always follow the same pattern, hell even the title is always the same.

"Character Name" - "Character Title" [Character Bio]

And besides i don't remember when Sonata had a male character, at best it was undefined gender but never truly male xD.

@Fehafare: I do have several male characters lying around as well. I just can't find a place for some of them right now lol.
Online Now

@Sonata: Link or i die not knowing something.

@Fehafare said:

LOL i know of 4 off hand xD

@Fehafare said:

• Domokuji- A male ninja rival of Juni's Known as a Gale Rider
  • Daianosuke Amoi- A demon hunter in the old Vice verse
  • Osiris Osaki- A intergalactic super spy that worked with Kazi from time to time
  • Grand Master Daizen- Powerful martial artist and swordsman current Uncle to Juni. In the old verse was Sonata's father
  • Quentin Blaze- Martial Artist and was engaged to be married
  • ShadowLotus- One of Sonata's powerful minions in the old Vice verse
  • Joseph Savant- One of Sonata's sons in the old vice.
  • Saleem- Mesamia's Genie boyfriend.
  • King Zule- Space Barbarian.
  • Tetsuya- Sonata's brother in the ECIV Universe. 
Post by Daianosuke_Amoi (68 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Actually when I think about it I could use a couple of those characters. Daianosuke could be an associate with Solstice, and I can think of something pretty twisted for Shadowlotus. Maybe a dark minister of some kind.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel