Jewel's Sake Bar and Grill

Topic started by Jewel on Jan. 14, 2009. Last post by Shingui_Takeda 6 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Let me welcome you all to VICE IS JYLNNANA!

Post by Blindside (1,003 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Keep it down over there! Blindside shouted

@Blindside: Lynn glanced slightly to the right noticing a strange man. For the time being she blew him off.

Post by Blindside (1,003 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Jlynnana: "Are you deaf! I'm talking to you!" John confronted the rude bar goer.

@Blindside: Tired of the boisterous screaming Lynn pushed her word out left, so that it's sharpest point lay a few inches from his Adams apple. "Mind your manners" she said wincing her silver eyes.

Post by Akage_Hana (115 posts) See mini bio Level 9

After travelling for days without rest, Akahana needed to replenish her dwindling food and water supply. Since she was not familiar with the current city she's in, her hunt for an open shop was taking longer than she'd expected. Most of the corner stores, restaurants, and shops that she'd pass by were evidently closed; possibly because it was passed their open hours.

After passing a couple of blocks, a brightly lit neon sign caught the young woman's attention. Jewel's Sake Bar and Grill, huh...I guess that's the only place to be open at this hour, thought the redhead to herself, as she stepped into the bar. Her jade-colored eyes quickly scanned the place, and she noticed that there were not that many people present. She swiftly made her way to the counter, and sat on one of the high stools. After signalling to the bartender, who was wiping one of the glass cups with a white towel, she quickly made her order.

"I'd like a large cup of water, please." she said, while lifting the hood of her beige-colored cloak off her head, revealing her bright red hair. The bartender nodded, and went to get her the water. In the meantime, Akahana took out her small gold harmonica, and began twirling it in her hand as she waited for her water.

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,835 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Akage_Hana: The sound a motorcycle growled though the air as a silver and chrome bike pulled into a parking lot of Jewel's Sake Bar and Grill; the rider turned off the engine and stretched a little letting out a yawn he then removed his helmet and replaced it with a cowboy hat revealing the cobalt blue eyes of the Last Gunslinger, Crow Cementerio. Crow smiled looking up at the neon sign of Jewel's as he hopped off his bike he needed this place badly; Dios Mio I am exhausted I just drove for the past couple hours from a job and I got a few more to go before I get back home to Toni. At least I can rest up at Jewel's for a bit. The gunslinger smelled of gun powder, lead, a hint of blood and a whiskey this was in fact his favorite smell in the world; he took a whiff of his clothes and smiled. Nothing like the smell of a hard day work but some people don't appreciate it like I do. The Rail-gun walked into Jewel's noticing the empty crowd as he walk to the bar with his prized weapon, Quicksilver, at his side. The gunslinger took a seat at the bar on a stool next to young girl with firey red hair and playing with a gold harmonica. Crow smiled at the bartender and place his order; "Hola amigo can I get a coffee with LOTS and sugar in fact just leave the sugar with me and a strawberry sundae. Gracias." The bartender looked at Crow like he had ten heads because of the strange and super sweet order but place it anyway as the Last of the Gunslingers waited he turned to the red hair with the harmonica and smiled at her in his usual reassuring smile. "Do you play?" He asked referring to the instrument; "I never seen you hear before are you new to this area? I ask because from the looks of your outfit you a traveler."

@Lobos_Del_Rayo:

An addition was made to the bar's cast - a young blue-eyed man wearing a cowboy hat over his head; with an impressive looking weapon by his side. The young man took a seat next the redhead, who momentarily stopped fiddling with her harmonica to take a quick glance at gun wielder. After getting his overall appearance imprinted in her mind, she shifted focus to her sense of smell to paint a better picture. The two odours that she managed to pick up were the smell of gunpowder and slight smell of iron, which she automatically associated with blood. Gunpowder and blood, eh? This guy's probably some kind of hunter; thought the traveller, who was experienced with detecting those two smells.The indifferent traveller's eyes then returned their attention to the rectangular instrument, which she began to twirl between her fingertips once more. The bartender returned, this time taking the gentleman's order, which was surprisingly all sugar-related; even the bartender looked surprised. Akahana watched as the bartender went to fetch the order, and began wondering whether or not he forgot about her water.

"Do you play?" asked a voice, which the Akage realized belonged to the sweet-toothed man. She looked his way and noticed his friendly smile; however, being the aloof and distant person she was, she wasn't able mirror it. Instead, she looked at the gold instrument, which reflected a little of the bar's light. The harmonica which held both happy and sad memories was mainly a keepsake, and the young woman was only taught two songs by the harmonica's original owner. "I never seen you hear before are you new to this area? I ask because from the looks of your outfit you a traveler." questioned the blue-eyed man.

Akahana glanced at her own attire, and noticed how her olive green shirt, with the embroidered outlines did look quite different. Not to mention the small pouch and leather water canteen that hung over her side - definitely demonstrating that she was not from the area. "To answer your second question; yes, I'm a traveller." she said in a short and concise manner. "As for the first....." she said, cutting herself off as she drew her instrument to her mouth. She closed her eyes and began to play. A jazzy and slightly blue tune emerged from the golden harmonica. Akahana's expression remained fixed, which was the complete opposite of the expressive sound she was making. She then came to an abrupt stop, and opened her jade-colored eyes. "I guess that answers your question." she said, with a hint of wittiness in her voice. "I would play you the entire piece," she began while opening her hand, "but you'd have to pay me."

@Akage_Hana: Crow smiled at the red hair green eyes girl apparently she was a traveler, the girl played the blue melody on her gold harmonica as the gunslinger closed his eyes lowering his head and enjoying the music. The jazzy and somewhat depressing tune resonating with Crow reminding him of home town and the horrible fate it suffered; just as fast as it began the girl stopped playing. Crow turned to the girl noticing his fixed expression, "I would play you the entire piece," girl the opened her hand speaking with a bit of wittiness, "but you'd have to pay me." The Last Gunslinger smirked slightly hiding his emotions about the girl; this chick is a straight up con artist she plays and little and then charges you for the rest. She probably play a little more then charge me again. The Rail-gun's cobalt blue eyes met with the girl's jade ones and the two were met in a slight battle of wills will Crow pay will she play? The bartender returned with both their drinks breaking the silence; "Here you two go, a water for the later and a coffee for the cowboy. Also here is your sugar." Crow smiled and thank the man he looked back at the girl and instead of placing money in her hand put his own in hers. "Hola I'm Crow Cementerio and what is your name senorita?"

The Last of the Gunslingers turned back to his coffee and literally turned the sugar container upside down and began to pour a steady stream of sugar into the black drink. "So how about I buy you something to eat will that be enough to hear the rest of that bitter sweet tone?" The gunslinger continued to pour sugar into the drink as he talked. "You seem a little young to be traveling; where exactly have you been? If you don't mind me asking why are you traveling? In my job the people I encounter who travel are either running from something or searching for something." The Lightning Revolver continued to pour sugar keeping a cheerful smile and friendly tone but there was just a hint in his voice that few may notice that he was being a bit perceptive and serious.

@Lobos_Del_Rayo:

The Akage was taken by surprise when she felt a hand take hers, rather than the cool pellet sensation of coins. "Hola I'm Crow Cementerio and what is your name senorita?" said Crow, with the same friendly smile he gave her when he first walked into the bar. The green-eyed youth's expressionless face stared at him for a moment in silence; introductions.....I'm not so good with those. A sudden expression crossed her face; both troubled and a bit sad, beginnings are always happy, but everything eventually ends. The foreign expression on her face didn't last long, her blank face returning, and she glanced back at Crow. Though reluctant at first, she gave him a firm handshake, "Akahana; that's my name. Hana for short. You can call me whichever." she said, giving him her alias, since she'd abandoned her birth name years ago. Crow then shifted his attention to his coffee, adding a mountain-pile of sugar. Akahana was tempted to tell him to just dump the entire thing, but she kept her opinion to herself. Rather than drinking her water, she reached for her empty canteen and began filling it, since she didn't know when the next chance she'd get water would be.

"So how about I buy you something to eat will that be enough to hear the rest of that bitter sweet tone?" suggested the sugar-pouring man. The redhead took a moment to consider his offer; I was gonna use that money for food anyways, so I guess that works out. "Fair enough; better than nothin'." agreed the woman, with a faint smirk. The harmonicist took out a crumpled sheet of paper titled "Song for Akage My Hana - by Aito", and spread it on the counter top. She closed her jade eyes and began playing the soft jazz and slightly melancholic music; she'd open her eyes several times to check her place in the song. When she was finally finished, she put down the harmonica and folded the paper. There was still a little water left in the cup, and the Red Demon gulped it down in one shot. "You seem a little young to be traveling; where exactly have you been? If you don't mind me asking why are you traveling? In my job the people I encounter who travel are either running from something or searching for something." asked the blue-eyed young man in a series of questions, still holding that smile. "Young? Ha!" scoffed the now amused Akage. "Senor Crow, I've been traveling for eight years now; starting at the age of 13. I've been all over the Mediterranean, and practically the entire continent of Eurasia." boasted the woman proudly. Her pride didn't last long, and she rested the side of her face on her hand, her fingertips slightly covering her green eyes - those eyes that turn blood-red, revealing futures she doesn't want to see, and the cause of all her mishaps. "As for your use of the words 'running from something' , that sounds cowardly. I'd much rather think of it as people shouldn't be trusted easily, so one should leave the scene before things get messy." she said, explaining her philosophy. Hana didn't like how the attention has shifted to her, so she turned the tables on Crow, "So what do you do for a living?" She was reminded by his smell of gunpowder and the faint smell of blood, "You a hunter?" she guessed, glancing at the gun that hung on his side.

Post by DCypher (117 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Brings fresh coleslaw, potato salad and spare pots out of satchel

o_o y u no food Sonata?

Post by Sonata (35,301 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@DCypher: Hey I dont run this place:P

*noms*

Understood. Do you like potato salad?

@Akage_Hana: Crow smiled as Hana accepted the offer to pay the rest of the song if Crow bought her a bite to eat; the song stirred something deep within the gunslinger it was a sad song but it reminded the Rail-gunner of happier times when his was younger. As Crow listened he continued to pour a steady stream of sugar in his coffee he had his familiar cheerful smile on his face; this tune is so sad but it reminds me of home, this girl is putting a lot of soul into it I wondered where she heard it from. Once the song was over Crow finished pouring sugar and began to stir the half of container in his coffee Hana answered Crow earlier question about her age; "Young? Ha!" the young girl scoffed at the question, "Senor Crow, I've been traveling for eight years now; starting at the age of 13. I've been all over the Mediterranean, and practically the entire continent of Eurasia." Akahana exclaimed proudly Crow just chuckle softly, "I'm sorry Senorita Hana I didn't mean to offend you. So I'm a man of my word so what would you like to eat?" As Crow talked he took a sip of his sugar with some coffee suddenly he exclaimed in a comical fashion, "Dios Mio! It's not sweet enough!"

The Last Gunslinger noticed as Hana placed her hand on her chin slightly covering her emerald eyes as his sundae arrived; Hana continued answering Crow's question. "As for your use of the words 'running from something' , that sounds cowardly. I'd much rather think of it as people shouldn't be trusted easily, so one should leave the scene before things get messy." Hana turned her attention to question Crow; "So what do you do for a living? You a hunter?" The Thunderbolt Gunslinger began to eat his sundae smiling slightly as he answered the young traveler; "Sorta I work as a Bounty Hunter but I do a little more than just chase criminals for money, I am often hired for odd jobs. You know; guard this person, find this person, get information on this, or that, odd jobs." The Last Gunslinger caught Hana glancing at his prized weapon Quicksilver; "I am also the best in the world. Don't worry you can trust me I swear on my word as a Gunslinger this scene won't get messy." Despite the fact that Crow's tone was friendly his words seem to have more depth. "You know I love this place for their strawberry sundaes; I gone though a lot of mess just to come here. I came out of my way from where I was going, the traffic is terriblee and the people are rude, I have a lot of bad memories about this place so its often a big mess. But once I get though the mess I get one great strawberry sundae." The Last of the Gunslinger smiled at the young traveler, Hana, he could have been truly talking about his self and his sundae or he could have meant something much more.

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: The young traveller had never seen that much sugar being poured into one cup of coffee."Dios Mio! It's not sweet enough!" exclaimed Crow, which just left Akahana in an even more bewildered state; amazed at how sweet-toothed he was.

Akahana listened attentively as Crow answered her question regarding his profession. "Sorta I work as a Bounty Hunter but I do a little more than just chase criminals for money, I am often hired for odd jobs. You know; guard this person, find this person, get information on this, or that, odd jobs." The redhead traveller turned and faced the counter and began to trace the rim of the empty cup with her fingertip, her mind deep in thought. Out of all the people she could’ve run into, she ran into a bounty hunter – the people she tries to avoid the most. Some luck, huh? "I am also the best in the world. Don't worry you can trust me I swear on my word as a Gunslinger this scene won't get messy." continued the bounty hunter. At the mention of the word “trust”, the Akage looked back at Crow, her bright green eyes looking right into his blue ones. She couldn’t detect any malicious intent in his expression, nor in his words; “I’ll take you up on that oath, Crow.” she said with a faint smile. They may end up being on opposing sides in the future since what they both do for a living conflicts one another, but Hana ignored that for now; it was too troublesome to dwell on that thought.

"You know I love this place for their strawberry sundaes; I gone though a lot of mess just to come here. I came out of my way from where I was going, the traffic is terriblee and the people are rude, I have a lot of bad memories about this place so its often a big mess. But once I get though the mess I get one great strawberry sundae." said the bounty hunter optimistically with his same friendly smile. “You sure love your strawberry sundaes then; seeing you’d go through all that hassle just to get one.” she remarked; “Since you praise that treat so much, I guess I’ll give it a try.” said the redhead, referring to the strawberry sundae - finally deciding on what Crow could get her as his payment.

Uses phone to search 'Jewels Sake Bar' whilst hiding in corner.

".. oh god, its going to take me forever to get through all this. What the hell even is!?"

Said Lain, nomming more salad and wondering if he should take his headphones out.

@Akage_Hana: Crow smiled at the Red Haired Traveler she ask for a strawberry sundae as well; "Good choice this place makes the best strawberry sundae around." The Last Gunslinger turned to the bar tender and ordered a second sundae for Hana, "Por Favor get another strawberry sundae for this niña.?" The bartender nodded and left to get the second sundae as Crow stopped eating his to continue pouring more sugar in his coffee as he talked with the young traveler; "So why exactly do you travel? Are you looking for something, or is it a part of your job or something?" The Rail-gun smiled at the girl pouring another steady stream of sugar into his coffee before he took another sip. "Hmmm I guess it sweet enough. So Hana what brings you into this part of the world at this little sake bar and grill?" As the gunslinger talked with the traveler Hana's sundae arrived the bartender place it in front of her as Crow started eating his own sweet treat again. "So where did you learn that song?"

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: “You know, too much sugar isn’t good for your health... you’ll get fat.” she stated flatly while eying the steady stream of sugar entering Crow’s coffee cup. Hana listened as the bounty hunter asked her for the reason for her travels. She sighed heavily and leaned her head back to stare at the bar’s dull ceiling. “To put it simply…I’m getting away from pursuers. You see, I got three kinds of people after me. One: people who want me dead; two: people who want to use me; and three:….” The redhead then dropped her gaze from the ceiling and looked straight at Crow with slight amusement in her emerald eyes, “..bounty hunters like yourself.” She was now curious to see what his reaction would be; now knowing that her capture could possibly give him a ticket to an early retirement. “There is no particular reason why I came to this city; I just happened to be passing by and needed to restock on my supplies.” The bartender emerged once more and placed the strawberry sundae in front of Hana. She picked up the spoon and poked at the chunks of strawberries. She didn’t have much of a sweet tooth, but she had to get something into her famished gut. “Hey this isn’t bad…I guess you don’t need to pay me your days’ worth of salary for the song I played.” she said after taking a spoonful of the cold treat. Crow too began to eat his sundae, and he asked her about the harmonica piece. At the mention of the song, Hana stopped eating and a faint sad smile swept her lips, “I learnt it from a young Japanese man….he composed it for me.” she answered softly, not mentioning the fact that he meant more to her, nor that he died in the hands of her pursuers. Not wanting to dwell on that thought, the redhead quickly changed the subject, “So, señor Crow Cementario. Now that you know I’m wanted, and that there is probably a high bounty for my capture, are you tempted to turn me in?” she asked, raising a curious and cheeky brow.

@Akage_Hana: Crow laughed a little at Hana's comment about too much sugar as he simply replied; "Nope not me, I been eating like this all my life." The gunslinger kept his smile but he couldn't help feel a slight change into the atmosphere when the red headed traveler sighed. “To put it simply…I’m getting away from pursuers. You see, I got three kinds of people after me. One: people who want me dead; two: people who want to use me; and three:….” The Red Demon looked at the Last Gunslinger with a bit of amusement in her emerald eyes, “..bounty hunters like yourself.” A spark of friction possibly between the two filled the air electrifying it; the Rail-gun just smiled as he sip on his sweeten coffee, so she is being chase by bounty hunters and something tells me she is not a small bounty despite the fact I sense no malicious intent from her after all she did tell just admit to me she a bounty even knowing who I was. I don't know who this girl is or why she is being chase but it can never be a good thing. As a Vaquero the gunslinger's job was simple when the Vaquero organization gave him a job he did it or go after bounties on the various Vaquero boards or bounty boards the Last of the Gunslingers couldn't remembered seeing Hana's face on a bounty paper but it was his job to catch her that was if she was criminal of sorts. Crow was at a cross road attack Hana and take her in for whatever bounty or just sit there and ice some strawberry sundaes.

Before Crow made his decision the red headed girl expressing her joy in the taste of sundae and that his salary for the song was payed for then she answered the gunslinger's question about the song and Crow caught a glimpse out of the corner of his eye of her sad smile; “I learnt it from a young Japanese man….he composed it for me.” Crow was a somewhat good judge of character and he could tell that just mention the song had tugged a few heart strings in Hana so instead of pursuing the topic he let it dropped. Unfortunately for the Thundering Cowboy, Hana now had a question for him and it was the one he didn't want to answer; “So, señor Crow Cementario. Now that you know I’m wanted, and that there is probably a high bounty for my capture, are you tempted to turn me in?” Damn she had to ask me that didn't she? I guess I have no choice I know what I have to do. Crow stopped drinking and eating his sugary food pulling his cowboy hat low over his eyes when he spoke it was an almost flat tone as he remembered something his grandfather, the person who trained he to be the gunslinger he is today, said to him when he was younger; "There are two types of people in the world; those who play with the cards fate deals them and those who say screw fate I going to make my own hand." With that Crow suddenly drew his gun as he did he a small smile formed on his face as he look at the red and gold tassel that hung off the handle of the revolver the tassel was made 9 years ago by one of his best friends who that very gun would kill the tassel serve as a reminder of her and what she taught Crow.

The gunslinger suddenly pop the cylinder that contained the 5 bullets (Gunslingers usually load only five so that they don't shoot themselves in the foot by accident keeping the chamber with the empty one.) with a skillful flick of the risk the 5 bullets pop out of the gun. With a demonstration of his skill with his signature revolver Crow twirled Quicksilver back into the holster and caught 4 bullets in between his fingers and the fifth in the palm of his hand before the hit the counter. With his free hand Crow pushed his cowboy hat to reveal the smile on his face; "I am the type that screws fate and makes my own destiny; you and me may meet on opposite sides one day but that day will be on our terms and not this random day but until that day comes I will treat you like a friend and ally. But make no mistake Hana we will meet on as Bounty Hunter and Bounty and I will show you my true skills and powers." The Rail-gun then handed the bullet in his palm to Hana; 'Keep that as a reminder of our friendship but also as a promise to fight me at your best on the day we are rivals." Crow got up and put the four bullets in his pocket as he place some money on the table, he paid for his and Hana's bill and some more for Hana for whatever supplies she needed as well as a jack of spades playing card with his Vaquero business logo DMC on the back. The Last Gunslinger placed his hand in his pockets as he walked out giving a final way to Hana as he said; "If you ever want help hiding or taking care of your pursuer my number and address is on that playing card I swear on my word as a Gunslinger I will help you no matter what Senorita Akahana, the Red Demon." Crow smirked as he revealed that he known at least Hana's epithet as he left Jewel's.

(OCC: Crow and Hana should do a RP together. :) )

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: The Red Demon examined the bounty hunter’s expression after she dropped her frank question about turning her in. This is really amusing…Despite what his demeanor is showing me, he’s probably torn between what he should do and what he wants to do. Hana considered the possibility that the bounty hunter next to her can very well take her in at that exact moment, but she was well prepared; for she had a trick up her sleeve if she sensed any peculiar movements from Crow. Although wearing a passive expression, the traveller kept a close watch on Cementario, her emerald eyes analyzing his every move. Hana watched as the gunslinger brought his cowboy hat over his eyes, concealing them; "There are two types of people in the world; those who play with the cards fate deals them and those who say screw fate I going to make my own hand." The Akage raised an intrigued brow at what the bounty hunter stated; that philosophy seemed close to what Hana lived by, but she kept that to herself. Suddenly, Hana noticed Crow reach for his revolver, and Hana instantly took on a defensive stance. Just when she was about to use the power of her Profitis Eyes, the young man popped the cylinder of his revolver. Hana was left perplexed with his action, so she remained silent and watchful for his next move. The gunslinger displayed a skillful trick by returning the gun back into the holster, and catching the five suspended bullets. He then revealed his face, which now had a wide smile stretched across it; "I am the type that screws fate and makes my own destiny; you and me may meet on opposite sides one day but that day will be on our terms and not this random day but until that day comes I will treat you like a friend and ally. But make no mistake Hana we will meet on as Bounty Hunter and Bounty and I will show you my true skills and powers." The gunslinger then handed one of the bullets to Hana, and she calmly took it, 'Keep that as a reminder of our friendship but also as a promise to fight me at your best on the day we are rivals."

The Rail-gun then placed the remaining bullets in his pocket, and placed some money on the table, covering more than just the bill. He also left a jack of spades card which displayed a foreign logo to her, "If you ever want help hiding or taking care of your pursuer my number and address is on that playing card I swear on my word as a Gunslinger I will help you no matter what Senorita Akahana, the Red Demon." A smirk played on Crow’s face, and with that last sentence, he left the bar.

Akahana, surprised that Crow knew of her alias, turned back and faced the counter in front of her, and took the last spoonful of her treat. A light smirk appeared on her otherwise expressionless face, and a she scoffed softly Huh, what an amusing character. You don’t know what you’re involving yourself with senor…you’re too trusting for your own good. Hana examined the playing card that Crow left, and contemplated whether or not she should take it or leave it on the counter; but she found herself placing it in her back pocket. Hana noticed the extra money left by Crow, and she somewhat appreciated his kind gesture. Despite being practically broke, the traveller’s pride wouldn’t let her accept money she hadn’t earned; so she gestured to the bartender, “That gentleman that was here is a regular, I presume? He accidentally placed a little extra money, so would you hold on to it and return it to him?” asked the Red Demon. The bartender nodded and took the remaining cash and placed it in a drawer underneath the counter. With that, Hana stood up and placed the hood of her cloak back on her head and exited the bar.

(OOC forgot to add her finishing post)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel