Interested in Roleplaying? We want you !

Topic started by Chengy on May 3, 2010. Last post by Jewel 3 years, 4 months ago.
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Introduction

Hello everyone, I apologise for the terrible cheesy title :P, But to the point, the purpose for this thread is mainly to recruit more people to roleplay, I know from experience that their are a lot of people who are interested but for various reasons are too shy or worried to actully join. 

So here I will just brieftly talk to these people as well as others. The roleplaying community is always helpful and kind, nobody will laugh at you if you mess up or get angry or whine at you, Everyone has to start somewhere, We have lots of helpful members on the site who will offer their advice and help new rpers, im sure their are even some who will "teach and train" new rpers.  
The first thing you should do when you join a Rp is to check out the OOC, here on the first post you should find the important information and rules to the roleplay, you should always check these as ever rp has a different set of rules and limits.
The best thing to do when you begin rping is to be serious about it, you should also take your time when writing your post and check the spelling and grammer, so the post is at least readable and understandable and finally and most importantly, have fun :). Also if someone gives you some constructive criticism, instead of taking it to heart, getting worried and avoiding posting again, you should look at your post and see what you could of improved, Then you should take note of it and try again, and over time you will get better and better :D remember, people are only trying to help you, they are not not being nasty :)

Sha has very kindly and helpfully written a guide to roleplaying, to help people, its a great read so please check it out. 
http://www.animevice.com/forums/rpg/34/learning-to-rpg-pt-1/314813/#19

The site at a whole at the moment seems to be lacking rpers, especially in the smaller rps, so this thread will also be a place to advertise your rp to other members, hopefully current rpers will also explore other rps and take part in them. 

The Vice Roleplays

If you are in charge of a Rp and want to have an advertisement to your rp, just reply to this thread and il add the rp to the list :), also the ones ive added in already are rough and to give shape to the post, so if the people in charge of the rps can give me the information they want in the description ect, il sort it out for them.

The Anime Vice Roleplays

Name:  Approaching Apocalypse
Franchise: -----
Description:  
This Rp is more Unique, There's no character creation in this Rp. We have a definite main character or two and everyone controls that person. Story-chain is more like a communal and interactive story-telling game. Someone starts the story with an opening post in a way he/she leaves the story open and offers two or more choices to continue the story. The next poster choses one of those options to follow and continues the story that way. Then he/she ends it open and offers similarly 2 or more choices. The next poster picks one of those and so on...
Link to OOC:   http://www.animevice.com/forums/rpg/34/story-chain-approaching-apocalypse-ooc/313717/#158
Link to RP: http://www.animevice.com/forums/rpg/34/story-chain-approach-of-the-new-apocalypse/313737/?page=last#reply_form  

Other Franchise Rps 

Name: Grand Grail Wars
Franchise: Fate/Stay Night
Description: 
This is an alternate world Fate/Stay Night roleplay. It's about the Grail War where 7 Masters with 7 Servants fight an elimination battle with each other. In the end there will be only one victor. We accept people with no knowledge about the franchise. It isn't just about fighting as the title may suggest but more than that. We're currently short on members. Players are welcome!
Link to OOC:  Grand Grail WARS
Link to RP:  TBA 

Name:  Naruto the Forgotten Wars
Franchise:
Naruto
Description: 
This Roleplay is based during the Third Great Ninja War, this is before the Naruto series actully begins. For this Rp it is best if you research the third war to see whats happening in the ninja world during this time, and which Canon characters are actully around.
Link to OOC:   http://www.animevice.com/forums/rpg/34/naruto-the-forgotten-wars-ooc/313663/#225
Link to RP:  http://www.animevice.com/forums/rpg/34/naruto-the-forgotten-wars-rpg/313924/#34

Name:  Pokemon Champions
Franchise:
Pokemon
Description: 
This Rp follows the story of  new pokemon trainers who originally missed their chance to get their first pokemon from Proffessor Oak, A new Proffessor named Fern is now giving these trainers another chance to follow their dreams of becoming a pokemon master. This roleplay is currently following the Pokemon Leaf Green and Fire Red storyline.
Link to OOC:   http://www.animevice.com/forums/rpg/34/pokemon-champions-ooc/314513/#126
Link to RP:  http://www.animevice.com/forums/rpg/34/pokemon-champions-kanto-saga/314528/#7 

Name:  There is something in the sea
Franchise: Bioshock
Description:  
Welcome to city of Rapture! Looking to get away from oppression of living above water? Why not enter in a beautiful underwater city?! Plenty of new and interesting people to meet! And feature the best in high-tech security! Conveniently located under the scenic atlantic ocean! Don't worry about your children! At Rapture, we offer top quality Orphanage! Fun for all ages! Be sure to stand clear of big daddies and their little sisters. We are not responsible for any serious fatal injuries or any deformation that may occur.  
Link to OOC:  http://www.animevice.com/forums/rpg/34/bioshock-rp-anyone/314796/#9

Well Thank you for reading, I really hope this assures and gets some more people to take part in some of the roleplays on the site, if anyone has any questions, feel free to post a reply in this thread, Also if anyone has suggestions on how this thread can be improved, or if anything should be added, just post in here or send me a pm :).

Cheers guys and have fun !
Chengy

Post by Kestrel (50 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Sick thread man :)

Anyone interested in training hit me up im PM's. My last two students became better than me, but I just suck :p
@Kestrel:  Hehe, Thank you :), You should have more confidence in yourself
@Chengy: ^_^ Na ive always hated my writing lol I still enjoy rping though
@Nerxual_Oh: 

Heh, I know how you feel, ive experienced my fair share of them lol, though on here i dont think their are many if any :P. Should give it a go again, the Bioshock idea could work our :P

@Kestrel:
Heh, i guess a lot of people share that attitude :P i hate my writing but also enjoy rping lol. You should try take part in some :)
@Chengy:  Ive took part in a few. Though not with this character lol
Post by Sonata (35,097 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Great Idea for the RPG section I made it a sticky so everyone can see it:)

@Kestrel:
Acer!?
@Sonata:  No im your archnemesis.........The fabulous Bob :p
@Kestrel: LMAO my most fierce enemy yetXD
@Sonata:  I would own yo ass, but I dont want to cluter this thread up and take it off topic lol :P
@Sonata:  Cheers sonata :)
@Kestrel: Yeah, I should ban you for clutter :P

@Chengy:
XD
Post by Sha (516 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Sweet, i posted a "Tutorial on the Vine, i guess i should post it here as well"
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Sha: Sure that would help. 

ND
Post by OmegaMekix (3,847 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Chengy:
This was a great idea. It is the prefect way to introduce the RPG world to everyone interested and tell that it's ok to be new. I remember at Comic-Vine that I never RPG because I was too afraid I wouldn't be good enough. I only join this RPG section because I thought I had nothing to lose. I am glad I was wrong with not being good enough.
@OmegaMekix: 

Yeah :), chances are nobody will read it or still not join but HOPEFULLY we will at least gain 1 or two new members :P
Post by OmegaMekix (3,847 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Chengy:
I have to say otherwise. If I saw one of these types of threads before I actually had the guts to join I may have been an online RPGer sooner. You never know how small things you do have huge impacts on other people's lives.
@OmegaMekix:  Hopefully it will work :)
@Nerxual_Oh: I see you put alot of effort into that, keep your fingers crossed maybe someone will check it out. Dont get discouraged:)
@Nerxual_Oh: Welcome:)
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel