Initiation: Emerald vs Jack

Topic started by Emerald_Flame_Fate on July 19, 2011. Last post by Emerald_Flame_Fate 3 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Emerald_Flame_Fate (699 posts) See mini bio Level 11
"Why do I have to do this?" Emerald sighed as she walked down the corridors of Ebisu's HQ. "Harumi should have told Callis or Raseri to fight him. Where is the friendship now?" Ebisu's co-leader sighed once more. She talked to herself all the way to the training grounds. She stopped in front of the door and took a deep breathe "Anyway, Let's do this. I have to give the new guy the impression that the Team is great or he'll escape." she thought, clenching her fist."Yosh! Here we go!" Opening the door with more enthusiasm than necessary, Emerald walked into the training grounds with a great smile on her face. The place wasn't very big, maybe 30 meters square. There were some training dummies near the walls and some other equipmen, like sandbags and weigths "Hi there! Welcome to Ebisu! You're the new guy. Jack, right?" Emerald said cheerfully, when she saw the man inside the room.
Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13
"Hello,"  Jack replied.  He knew very little about his opponent, she was in Ebisu so she had to be pretty strong..  Jack would also have to avoid using pyrotechnics because he rater liked the base.  He decided  he would let Emerald determine the pace of the fight.  He would start with knives, mostly because he could turn his sword into two of them.  The knives he went with where about 10 inches long and had a knuckle guard.  He took a basic fighting stance and had both the knives held backhanded.  "Let's have some fun with this."
"Hey, hey, hey" Emerald shook her hands in front of her as Jack drew two knived out of nowhere after greetting her "I think we should talk first!" However, it was too late. Jack took a fighting stance. Emerald dropped her shoulders and sighed "Straight to the point, huh? Geez, I guess will have I'll have to do it." she said, drawing her Tarot Deck."Yosh! Here we go!" The Tarot Warrior took one fo the magical cards and put the rest away. "Let's see... Yes, this should do it." she whispered showing the card she had on her hand. A drawing of seven staffs surrounding a star. "Come, will of the peasants, power of the air, Seven of Wands!" Emerald chanted before throwing the card to the air. There, Seven of Wands shone in golden light and divide it self in seven pieces that flew to Emerald's back and trasform into seven wands that revolve around her. "Hm, first time I use Wands. Let's see what they got. But I think I'll let him make the first move" she thought, watching the wands flying around her. "Come on, show me what you got!" she shouted defiantly. For herself, she sighed again "Ah, I'm not the kind of girl who does this, but I need to do it for the good of Ebisu. Well I suppouse I could go shopping after I'm done here... I wonder if I can make Rose buy me everything I want again..." With a smile on her face, she taunted Jack with her hand.
Cards?  From Jack's experience tarot cards tended to have little to no power, hell he had seen more super powered playing cards or was that guy just able to set things on fire?  Anyway that amounted to a lot of different powers, and he liked his decision to join this team a lot more.  Now what did this form do?  The closest thing he could think of was from one of Lan Fan's games and those where floating energy swords.  He wouldn't figure it out by guessing so he decided to just make a move. "Alright then, lets see what those things do."

He made a slashing motion with his right arm sending a diagonal blast of air from his knife.  The intention of the blast was not actually to cut his opponent but to push her back into the wall.
Jack wasn't very surprsied by Emerald's display of power. "Well, he shouldn't be. After all, when you see Raseri, my powers are as menacing as a thoothpick... The world is big..."  Emerald rambled inside her. Her mind came back to reality in the precise moment when Jack moved his sword. Nothing happend, but something told Emerald that it was dangerous. In the ground, the dust and some other things flew as the air wave passed. Emerlad shouted in surprise when she saw the attack coming and shook her hand, in an attempt to stop it, absolutely forgetting about the Wands. However, when she did that, one of the staffs flying behind her moved forward and with a slash motion, Jack's attack dissapeared, like if it had crashed against and invisible wall. Emerald stood in her place, with her arm stretched, confused. "They can block? Didn't the Pentacles already did that?"
"Wait you have no idea what that does?" Jack asked, now he was worried, for all he knew those powers could turn the base into a crater.   "Erm your sure you can control those?  I'd rather nothing turns to ash on my first day here."  Under his cloak his armor was changing from something that was light but weak into something strong if quite a bit heavier.  His sword was now a longsword, held in a defensive stance.  Not exactly a subtle move but then Jack was not playing for subtlety.
"Ehm, you might be right..." Emerald sighed "Maybe I'll try with something else" The Tarot Warrior waved her hand and the Wands turned into the card again. "Hm, let's see..." she muttered, taking out the Tarot Deck once more. From the edge of her eye, she saw Jack taking a battle stance. "Give me a minute!" she shouted to her opponent, smiling... and completly killing the mood. Emerald hummed a little song as she looked for other card to use, sitting in the ground. A few minutes passed before she finnaly decided and stood up. She took a few moments to dirt that had stucked to her clothes when she sat and turned around. "Sorry for that" she chuckled and she closed her eyes. When she oponed again, Emerald was serious. "Come, Reason of the Nobles, Power of the Fire! Fight beside me, Prince of Swords!" she chanted, throwing the card. The card shone the same way the Wands did and when it the gold light dissapeared, an armor was covering Emerald's shulders, chest, legs and feet. The last part of the light flew to Emerald's head and formed a diadem. The red metal looked thin and was covered by sword like patterns. That was the Prince of Swords. Emerald took a battle stance, she felt the warm of the Tarot card with her. It was a strange feeling, although she had felt it before. "I never used this either" She said out loud. "I don't think this could destroy anything. And I always wanted to wear it! It's so cool!" she looked at Jack once more. "Ok! Let's do this!"
Jack's brain looked for a reaction, it went through every experience he had over the last thousand years and found nothing, so Jack just settled on almost laughing.  He did find it funny and her youthfulness was refreshing.  He decided to have fun, he had no idea what that armor did, it could repel him, it could block him, it could vaporize him.  It was exciting not to know.  Jack was not sure about her combat skill, her weapon's where strong and her stance was good but she had not attacked at all.  So he'd go easy until he saw the need for something more.  "Guess its my turn"  He closed the distance between them and slashed with his sword, it wasn't exactly hard to block and even if she didn't the hit would not be fatal.
As Jack runned towards her, Emerald draw one of the two swords the armor had in it's wirst. Unlike the Queen and King cards, Prince and Princess couldn't make weapons out of thin air, they just where incredible skilled with their own weapons, and they passed those skills to their master. "Let's see what you got!" she said with the same energy she had when she entered the room. With slightly faster speed than a peak human, Emerald deflected Jack's swords with her own (a red blade with fire-like patteron on the blade and strange insciption) and quickly send a kick to Jack's belly, trying to stop his movements. "Wow! This if awesome!" she almost shouted, with a big smile on her face. It was a strange sensation, being able to move faster that she ever imagined.
Jack was having fun, Emerald's weapons were a surprise as was her speed, the good kind of surprise.   Emerald agreed if her smile was any indication.  Jack took the kick and felt himself slide back a good three meters.  This called for a change of tactics, his sword morphed again, though the changes were subtle.  The grip became longer and the blade became stiffer and thinner.  There was no cutting edge, just a point.  He held it two handed, he was now wielding the estoc.  A french sword made specifically for stabbing into armor.  "That is pretty cool, but just how fast does it make you?" Jack asked, following up the question with a series of stabs.
As Emerald waited for Jack's next attack, she noticed that she wasn't the only one enjoying herself. Her opponent was having fun too, or that it seemed. "Yay! If I keep this up, he'll sure join us! Good work, Emerald!" she congratulate herself, with even a bigger smlie. " That is pretty cool, but just how fast does it make you?" asked Jack, when he was about to attack. He had changed his sword into a estoc and he was weilding it... with his both hands? "I don't know, but I guess you're about to find out!" Emerald answered, happily. The tarot warrior dodged the first stabs with ease. "Hey, sorry I'm asking..." she said, dodging the second stab "But aren't you holding..." she ducked to dodge the third stab by an inch, the sword cut some of her hairs "that thing in the wrong way?" she asked, dodging the fourth stab. "Now's my turn" Emerald stated, dodging the fifth attack. When the blade started to back away, she stepped forward and send a spinning backhand attack with the hlt of her sword to Jack's head, dodging the last stab, that passed behind her back. "Is this fast enough?" Emerald said. Being arrogant wasn't like her, but she never felt stronger before.
Jack saw the attack coming but he was powerless to stop it, maybe a two-handed sword was not the best idea against an opponent that was significantly faster than him.  He shock his head, trying to get the stars out of his eyes.  He was glad that she was not trying fatal strikes, Jack did not want today to be the day that he found out what would happen if he died.  He contemplated the task at hand, his opponent was strong, fast and well armored.  Though he did not know how strong the armor was.  He needed to hit her but she could dodge his sword strikes, so he needed something she could not dodge.  His sword changed again, this time becoming the Spanish rapier, now he just needed an Italian sword and a British sword and then he would have gone through all of western Europe.  "I'm impressed," he admitted, "Still can you outrun the wind?"  He slashed, one, twice, three times.  And from each slash came a slice of air, all at different angles.  They were all too wide to cut anything and indeed they where not intended to, no all the damage would be done by the wall that she would be sent into.   He brought the sword up in a defensive stance, the fight would not end there.
Emerald didn't see the attack coming. Actually, she she did. But after hitting Jack, she was off balance. She wasn't used to that strength and it was kind of confusing, so she was an easy target. The three air waves hit, sending Emerald straight to the wall behind her. The girl let go a short scream of pain when she crashed, leaving a small crater in the wall. The impact was reduced by the Prince armor's, but it wasn't enough to block it completly. After a seconds in the floor, Emerald stood up again, complaining about the pain. "Aw, that hurted" she said, rubbing her hand against her back. "Good one there" she congaratulate Jack, when she recovered "I think now I can get to the next level" The Tarot Warrior raised her hand, guided by her instinct and a card came out of her pocket. The card flew towards her open hand and rested there, waiting. "Wow, that's new" Emerald whispered, surprised. "Anyway... Here I go!" The girl closed her eyes, as her power swirled around her. "Answer my call oh, Will of the Peasants, Power of the Air! Five of Wands!"  Unleashing her power, the Tarot user threw the card towards Jack. In mid air, it shone the same way as the others and... It fell to the floor, revealing what card it was. Five of Swords. "Oh crap!" Emerald exclaimed, looking at Jack, then at the card and again at Jack. "Ehm... I... ehm..." she sturred, looking for a way out. "You fell for my trap!" she shouted, charging towards her opponent, with her sword held high.
Jack really hoped Emerald wouldn't put this much to chance during a real fight, then again chance was a given with card based powers.  So many different powers, no wonder she did not understand or control them all.  He hoped she was making a serious effort to know what those cards did.  It was Jacks turn to do something, he had to think some more, Emerald was a good fighter and she had training but did not seem to have seen many battles.  Now what to do about the charge?  He could try deflecting it but she was physically stronger, he decided to demonstrate what a proper trap looked like.  He faced his hand downwards and opened it up, a sphere fell out and exploded .  Suddenly the training room was covered with thick white smoke, Jack's sense of the air allowed him to more or less know where Emerald was.  He used his abilities to create silhouettes in the smoke, it now looked like he was in several places at once.  Jack was actually to Emeralds right, he used his free hand to aim a jab at her side, most types of armor had a weak point at the armpits, that was his target.
"Ok. I wasn't expecting this" Emerald thought, when Jack used his power to hid himself behind smoke. "Now what do I do?" Emerald looked for her opponent, but he didn't even make a sound. Suddenly, the room seemed to be filled with people, walking through the smoke. "Ok... now this is getting scary" she murmered. As any normal person, Emerald had a "tiny" fear to unnatural stuff. It was kind of ironic. The Tarot warrior was getting even more nervous now that the silhouettes were getting near her. She closed the sword to her body, turning her head to one side and the other. With a yell, she attacked the nearest of "ghosts" and, obviously, her sword hit nothing. "Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap"  Emerald repeated, almost desparate. WIth another yell, she cut another shadow, then another. After some more usless cuts, Emerald stood on her place, breathing heavily. With any warning, she felt a devasting punch right below her armpits, where she didn't have any armor. After all, Emerald was a common girl under the armor. She stumbled backwards, really hurt. She was to hyperventilate. "Ok... Ok... calm down Emerald. If you want to survive in this world, you can't be afraid of this things." she talked to herself like a different person, that always calmed her down If you want to survive here, you have to overcome the pain. Just like you did when you found your house in ruins." The image of the burning mansion went through her mind"If you want to achieve your goal, you have to do better than that." 
Clencing her theet, Emerald open her eyes again. In front of her, she saw the silhouette of a card against the ground. "There!" she thought, diving forward and rolling on the ground. "Gotcha!" She shouted, happily. With the momentum she had after jumping like that, Emerald rolled on the ground once more and stood up with an agile jump. "It's time to finish this!" Emerald sai, in a loud voice. She had seen Jack only a second before the mist swallowed him. "This time... I won't miss." 
The girl raised the Tarot Card and her power alone made the smoke around her swirl. "Come, oh," she chantes, with her eyes closed. "Reason of the Nobles, Power of Fire! Pierce my enemy, Five of Swords!"  When she finished, the card shone and dissapeared. Behind Emerald, five swords floated. These swords, red coloured and from the lenght of a longsword, were almost unbreakable, beacuse they were created by Emerald's strong Inner Power. Putting The Prince's sword back in it's sheat, Emerald stretched both of her hands and grabbed two swords. She tood a deep breathe and began to move the swords slowly, in complete harmony. The swords started  to cut the air faster and faster. Soon, they only looked like a red blur. "Aaah!" shouted Emerald, as the air around her became hotter. "Go! Fire of the Nobles!" With this words, two big fires appear on the tip of the swords. With a double slash, Emerald send two huge fire waves towards the place where she had been. That meant the place where Jack was. The waves burned all at their path, from one end of the room to another. This fire wasn't normal, so It couldn't be extinguished by Jack's wind manipulation.
Jack felt the air move, it did not feel like Emerald's normal sword strikes.  He was curious so he gave up the tactical advantage of the smoke and brushed it aside, he was greeted to the sight of the swords growing hotter and hotter and turning into a blur as they moved.  The whole effect was beautiful, Jack rather liked the symbolic nature of the attack, the warrior surrounded by two stars.  Of course it was fire and Jack knew how to deal with that.  With a chant Emerald released the flames and Jack tried to starve them, only for him to realize that he did not infact know how to deal with this attack.  The flames where moving towards him at incredible speed, Jack's mind worked faster.   If Jack took the time to shoot an arrow he would be vaporized, a wind blast was out for the same reason.  So what was the solution?  Jack had an idea, a cord near his neck untied itself and his cloak and hood fell off, revealing the black hair and silver armor beneath.  He jumped forward, the cloak was too flammable, it could not come with him.  He used his powers to keep himself going forward, the flames neared.  He recalculated the distance involved and then closed his eyes.  His mask changed, covering his eyes, they would have been a pain to regrow.  He was relying on his armor's insulation, technically he had insulated it so that he wouldn't get frostbite while flying at high altitudes but it should be able to handle flames.

Jack hit the flames and was greeted to complete agony, it was not even a full second and yet to Jack it seemed much much longer.  His hair was burning, the exposed parts of his face felt as if they where turning to steam.  He could feel his skin bubbling under his armor, this was hotter than fire had a right to be.  And then he was through, his armor was no longer silver but it was black and charred, so was any visible flesh.  Behind Jack the walls and floor had turned black, Jack's discarded cloak now a lot of discarded ash.  His magic was in overdrive, healing him completely.  Jack would be out of magic but that did not matter.  He had calculated correctly, he was standing with his sword at Emeralds throat.  "Checkmate," he said through rapidly rebuilding vocal cords.  He brought his sword back and put his hand out.  Whatever doubts he had about the team where long gone.
Emerald smiled when Jack cleared the smoke. If he dodged the fire, the swordsman would be an easy target for her. "Ha! You lost!" shouted Emerald. However, Jack didn't move "Wait, why isn't he moving." She thought as her opponent dropped her cloak and started to run straight towards the fire. "No, he won't do it. He'll probabily jumped before the fire reach him. Or won't him?" Emerald was getting worried. That fire was powerful enough to kill a human. Yeah, she had overdid it. It wasn't strange, she couldn't control her powers completly yet.  
Jack dived into the fire. Ebisu's co-leader was shocked. Was he dead? As an answer to that question, the fire swirled and Jack reappeared, running straight towards her. "No f*cking way!"  Emerald swore, completly surprised. Her reaction was delayed. She tried to stab Jack head, to stop him. But it was too late. His sword was already on her neck and her weapon was like 5 inches away from Jack.  "Checkmate" said Jack, putting his sword again. He had won, but sure had a bad time. Although he was healing himself at a great speed, he looked pretty beated up. "At least there isn't any blood" thought Emerald, as her armor and swords turned back into cards. "Welcome to Ebisu" she said, with a big smile staring at Jack.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel