HELLSCRAPER RPG

Topic started by SamJaz on Feb. 8, 2013. Last post by SamJaz 9 months ago.
Post by ChronoWolf (2,241 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@SamJaz: Sending the stone into the future is a bit trickier then just resetting it's position on the time axis. For that, he will need Accel End. The black sword appeared in his hand. He used it as a catalyst by sending mana through it and before long, the stone disappeared. He waited five seconds and the stone reappeared. Perfect. So he used the same technique from the stone jumping to send it twenty seconds into the past. And he didn't have to wait to get confirmation of his success as he suddenly 'remembered' the stone appearing not too long ago.

Post by SamJaz (12,852 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@ChronoWolf:

"Now, give me two rocks that won't vanish." Jardsam challenged. "Make me a stable paradox."

@SamJaz: That challenge gave Arthur pause. "I'm sorry professor, but I don't think we went over that lesson yet."

@ChronoWolf: Jardsam smirked, playing around with the fez in his hands. "Mid semester exam. You have the skills and the power, apply the technique. How many Claire's have you encountered upstairs already?"

Post by Fehafare (9,441 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@SamJaz:

"Huh?" Crown wondered for a moment but then only sighed. At least now they knew where Arthur was, or rather when he was.

Sadly that did not help their current situation in the slightest. Jardsam was still there, and they still had to do something about him.

@SamJaz: "Not sure. At least two, one of which was a damsel in distress kidnapped by Taylor and the other a psycho which hated even Crown. Or was it especially Crown? Doesn't really matter." Despite talking, Arthur was concentrating on the task at hand. Taking a stone from the present, sending it back into the past for easier comparison so that he doesn't take the wrong rock and then transporting that one alongside its previous version a couple of seconds into the future. The two identical stones appeared in his hand.

"How'd I do Doc Brown?"

@ChronoWolf: "Pretty good." Jardsam said with a nod. "NOW!" He declared, clapping his hands around Arthur's pressing them together and covering them in an intense heat. Hot, HOT HEAT that burned until silver fluid began to drip from Arthur's fingers.

Stepping back, Jardsam spread his arms wide and let Arthur see what had happened. A perfect cast of the inside of Arthur's cupped hands made from iron, still glowing red in the heat, and Jardsam rubbed his hands together with glee.

"Turn that back into a rock."

@SamJaz:

Yes, it burned, it burned very much. Enough to make Arthur use ice magic to cool down the burning iron. What the hell Jardsam? After hearing Jardsam's request, Arthur got to thinking. The flow of time could be compared to the acceleration of an object. It was not a perfect comparison though it was enough for Arthur's current needs. By slowing down time, Arthur lowers the acceleration and stopping it makes a=0. So what Jardsam wants is for Arthur to make a<0. That would be pretty darn hard. Now Arthur could see what Jardsam meant by making water flow up a waterfall instead of falling over the edge.

Though, is that really what he's doing in this case? Perhaps he's just make the iron into a salmon or whatever fish swims up a waterfall. Yes, that's it. Instead of effecting the water, he needs to push the fish upwards. It's a similar effect but on a lesser scale which makes it easier. So first slow down the time around the iron until it reaches zero. With the stone frozen in time, completely unchangeable and uneffected by stuff happening in the time stream yet still moving though it somehow, he can push it backwards. Slowly rewinding time and reversing the chemical processes that turned the stone into iron. It was difficult and painful since he had to feel the burning stone yet again scorching his flesh. But it was soon over.

"Never... Again..." Arthur threw the stone to Jardsam and cast a healing spell on his burnt palm.

Jardsam admired the handiwork, then tossed the stone back to Arthur. "And that's the fundamentals." Jardsam explained. "If this was karate, you'd be a yellow belt now." "So, time for the fun stuff." He added. "Make me an iron blade from that ore. No furnaces other than the one we JuSt made in time."

@SamJaz: "I though time travel was the fun stuff. I warn you, I'm not a master blacksmith. Didn't even become a full-fledged apprentice." He received a bit of training from the spirit blacksmith Muramasa. What little experience he was forced to get was only in katana forging though... So that should be harder to do then to get to the furnace.

Well, let's turn back time for the stone again, turn it into the red metal from before firat3. Now, let's do all the forging processes, folding the metal and whatnot... Ok, a little bit more... And finally. Through the use of time magic, Arthur was catable of finishing several days of forging into about ten minutes. Though he only has the blade and without the hilt tins bot really safe to use, it was a much better sword then most swords you can see, either from the past or present. Yes, Muramasa had such rigorous training that even though he can make better swords then a lot of people, he still didn't qualify for apprenticeship... Not that Arthur wanted to be a swordsmith... He did his best to forget that skill actually.

"I hope you're happy with my handiwork. Get it a hilt and it's perfectly combat capable."

@ChronoWolf: Jardsam grinned. "Now you're thinking with time travel." he said, handing the freshly forged blade back to Arthur. "Ready to learn Deja Fu?"

@SamJaz: "Can I call it by a less punny name?"

@ChronoWolf: Jardsam smirked, then struck out with his fist.

-=-

SOME TIME LATER

-=-

Arthur landed on the floor, holding the katana as Jardsam, Kelly, SamJaz and Crown turned to look at him.

"No." Jardsam said with a grin. "You can't rename Deja Fu. Welcome back to the end of the world, young padawan."

"Padawan?" Kelly asked. "The hell is this?"

@SamJaz: "I'm really sorry Obi Wan. Now if you'll excuse me, I don't believe we're done." Arthur tossed the blade towards Jardsam's head as he applied what he learned by now. He was not done with his training, or even if Jardsam didn't want to teach him further, he wasn't done with what he wanted to do in the first place. So he disappeared again.

It was stranger to send himself to the past then both times Jardsam punched him. And it was very difficult but still manageable. The hardest part was exiting at the right point in time. That would be right after Jardsam punched him back into the future. "OK, I promise to call it Deja Fu. Let's just get this over with. What kind of teacher would you be if you didn't finish your teachings?"

@ChronoWolf: @Fehafare: Jardsam smirked as he squeezed his hands, compressing the past, the present, and the future into one continuous now.

"One who has taught his student everything he needs to conquer, given the resourced available." He said, turning to face Crown and SamJaz as the blade clattered against the floor. "So what'll it be? Son? Knight? Student? Princess? Which one of you will be the one to strike me down?"

@SamJaz: @ChronoWolf:

"Just go to hell already." Crown got fed up with everything. The one-liners, the attitude, the little games and the way Jardsam acted.

He wasn't serious enough for someone who planned to do what Crown saw in the future.

@SamJaz: @Fehafare:

"Damn it Jardsam! At least answer me one last question. Did you save Damien, or did you leave her to die in the same disgusting way she did originally?"

@Fehafare: @ChronoWolf:

Jardsam smirked. "Oh, she's safe, don't worry about that." He said, looking at SamJaz. "You did look after her, right?" He asked his son. "Young Rachael?"

SamJaz's eyes widened as he realised what his father did.

How he kept a spare copy of Joan outside of the Hellscraper in such a way that even when Taylor did destroy her, he'd bring the spare right to the Hellscraper all of his own accord without even knowing what he was doing.

"A spare." SamJaz snarled. "Rachael was… A spare Joan?"

"Worked quite well, until the mass paralysis." Jardsam smirked to himself. "After that, I just needed to follow Arthur's advice and sire a son who could catch and keep them all occupied. Cale's a good kid like that."

"He's dead." Kelly said. "Cole removed his head already."

"Well, that wasn't a bad way to go I suppose." Jardsam shrugged. "Still, he died doing what he loved- mind controlling women into fighting outsiders."

SamJaz dashed forward. "THAT'S YOUR SON!!" He shouted, locking blades with his father. "DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT ANY OF US?!"

"Of course I do." Jardsam said, pushing SamJaz back with a blast of gravity. "But everyone dies, and the day after you were born I attended your funeral. I've attended all of your funerals." Jardsam added, looking around the room. "Only none of them will happen, because this world ends tonight."

@SamJaz: @ChronoWolf:

Crown listened but he wasn't exactly surprised by anything he heard. He already saw the the man was planning and his non-caring behavior spoke for itself.

He truly described himself well when he called himself a sociopath.

@SamJaz: @Fehafare:

While Sam was distracting Jardsam, Arthur approached Phantom. He had some three months to think about his behaviour on the last few floors. And he did, sort-of. He was uncomfortable saying this, but he cleared his throat and swallowed his pride. "Phantom, I am sorry for being an ass. I shouldn't have insisted on killing para-Clare, I should have forgiven you for taking the guitar from right under my nose, and I should have been all around less useless here. While you think about forgiving me, which I won't blame you for if you don't, let me share something with everyone, that I found out for the time I've been gone. This place is held up by three swords, stabbed through those strange stones over there. This is one of them," He summoned the black sword to his hand."Accel End. If we take them all, I'm pretty sure we can stop Jardsam's ploy. And since I'm feeling generous today, you and Sam can both take one. Hear that Sam? Go grab yourself a sword!"

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel