HELLSCRAPER RPG

Topic started by SamJaz on Feb. 8, 2013. Last post by SamJaz 7 months ago.
Post by ChronoWolf (2,131 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@SamJaz:

Jardsam's words peeked Arthur curiosity. It was a tempting offer to be honest, though there has to be more... Maybe knowing chronomancy is going to stop him from interfering with the past?

"What's the catch Mr. Shinoda?"

Post by SamJaz (11,901 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Online Now

@ChronoWolf: "I don't intend to kill you, if that's what you're concerned about." Jardsam said. "I could just as easily rotate every particle of air away from you, or make your blood flow backwards, or snap your neck on a whim if I wanted you dead. So, killing you isn't the catch."

"Will learning Chronomancy stop you from stopping me?" Jardsam asked. "Probably not. Might even foil my plans completely. But wouldn't that be interesting?"

"If I had to pick a catch, I'd say that you had to come to Christmas dinner with my family." Jardsam shrugged. "I honestly just want to see what'd happen if someone with your potential and disregard for the laws of causality knew time magic."

@SamJaz: "It's not a big catch... And I can already think of a few uses... Why not. Let's do it." Arthur was excited about this. He really, really was.

Online Now

@ChronoWolf:

"Brilliant." Jardsam said with a grin. "First things first, the most important thing you need to know is that there is no such thing as a time paradox."

"A paradox is simply a difference between what reality is and what you think reality should be. Time isn't about history, it's about geography, and your actions at one location in time will affect how things are at another location. They don't change your own history, even if you met alternate selves who have different memories to you. Got that?"

"Good." Jardsam said, patting Arthur across the shoulder and pointing him towards the Warrior constellation. "This whole cathedral is held up by three swords, go over there and pull out the black one."

@SamJaz: "If you make a dick joke, I'm gonna slap you." Arthur walked over to the three swords. If this cathedral is held up by the three swords, pulling one out is probably going to end badly. But hey, life would be dull without risks. He grabbed the hilt and pulled.

Online Now

@ChronoWolf: There was only one sword under the Warrior constellation, but a magnificent blade it was.

Jet black, with a gear-shaped hilt and a white edge, it was a european-style longsword with the power to accelerate and stop time.

"It's name is Accel End." Jardsam explained. "Your natural affinity for ice magic will help you learn how to slow time, but it's going to make accelerating time more difficult, as that's increasing energy, rather than reducing it. That blade will make up the difference."

"So, I've already told you how to slow down and freeze time." Jardsam explained, placing a blue stone on a column. "How do you think you can accelerate and excite time?"

@SamJaz: "If only I knew there was gonna be a quiz today, I would have studied... Well, obviously I need to make the particles, waves and whatnot move faster. I guess I could do it in a similar way I make my ice melt, though that's closer to returning slowed down time to the way it's supposed to run. Otherwise I'd be able to use fire magic without any problem.."

Online Now

@ChronoWolf: Jardsam tapped the sword with his axe, pressing it against the stone and causing it to vibrate.

"Time for a practical lesson I suppose." Jardsam decided, drawing a key from his pocket and opening a door that wasn't there. "Come along, time for dinner."

DECEMBER 24th, 1996

"Guess who's home?" Jardsam shouted as a short, brown haired bundle of energy tackled him in the legs. "Hey there Sammy, nice to see you too."

A pink haired woman, the spitting image of Kelly but without the horns or the animalistic eyes stepped into the hallway of the English, middle-class house. "Good, you can help with the potatoes." She said, smiling and offering a hand to Arthur. "You must be Arthur, I'm Sarah, Jared's wife. It's so nice to finally meet you."

Post by Fehafare (8,619 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@SamJaz: @ChronoWolf:

And Arthur was gone.

He wasn't much of a help to being with, but it could hardly be considered good that he was gone.

"Any ideas?" Crown turns to Sam while making giant cards in front of them to act as shields in case Jardsam continued the assault.

Online Now

@Fehafare: @ChronoWolf:

"Not particularly." SamJaz told Crown as Jardsam paced around the barrier of cards. "He's functionally immortal and without Arthur- Oh. No. No. No. NO YOU DID NOT JUST DO THAT!!" He shouted at his father. "HOW DID YOU EVEN DO THAT?!"

Post by Fehafare (8,619 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@SamJaz: @ChronoWolf:

"What?" Crown asked, blinking himself and Sam backwards together with the mobile cards defense.

Online Now

@Fehafare: @ChronoWolf:

"HE FLIPPING TOOK ARTHUR TO CHRISTMAS DINNER!!" SamJaz shouted. "OUR CHRISTMAS DINNER! WHEN I WAS FIVE!!"

"That's who that creepy man was?" Kelly asked SamJaz. "Why are you only remembering this now?"

"Because five minutes ago, Arthur never was at our Christmas dinner." SamJaz explained. "Suddenly, Arthur was there. I HATE TIME TRAVEL!"

@SamJaz: @Fehafare:

The woman they saw in Kelly's room of horrors... She was even more beautiful here then she was there, in the images, memories, call them whatever you want. He took her hand to do the appropriate greeting. "It's nice to meet you to, Mrs. Shinoda. Though I cannot say that I know much about you."

Online Now

@ChronoWolf: "Shinoda?" She asked, looking at Jardsam.

"Our last name's Creed, Shinoda's just for business." Jardsam explained, ushering Arthur into the room. "Can you look after Sam and Kelly for a while? They've had roughly triple their body weight in sugar, I'm sure you can handle it."

With that, Jardsam disappeared into the kitchen with his wife, leaving Arthur alone to babysit by the fireplace.

@SamJaz:And Arthur was left all alone with two children who probably ate enough sugar to stay up for two straight days... Yeah, chronomancy better be worth it. Unsure what to say, he went for the most obvious question which he could ask considering the time of year Jardsam brought them to. "So... Have you two been naughty or nice this year?"

Online Now

@ChronoWolf: THREE MONTHS LATER

-=-

"Alright, you've got the basics of slowing and accelerating down." Jardsam explained. "Let's get to the fun stuff- going back in time."

"There are two kinds of reverse time travel." Jardsam explained. "Skippers and Winders. Coleen is a Skipper, one who jumps from location to location along the axis of time, while most people are forward winders, simply travelling naturally in the flow of time. A Backwinder is one who makes time flow in reverse, making water flow back from the cup into the jug, as it were. I'll teach you how to do both, but which one do you think you'd prefer?"

@SamJaz: After a couple of seconds of consideration, Arthur replied. "Skipper. It seems cooler. And probably harder, but hey. No pain no gain." Obviously, the ability to just jump around in time is better then having to rewatch everything that already happened, just in reverse. Though winding probably has its benefits.

Online Now

@ChronoWolf: Jardsam smiled knowingly. "So, you feel it's easier to force a waterfall to flow upwards than it is simply to climb a ladder?" He asked the wolf.

"Well, you already know the feeling." Jardsam explained. "Knocking you into next week is a Deja-Fu technique that forces another target to skip through time. You need to learn to cause targets outside yourself to skip before you try doing it to yourself, otherwise you might end up with lungs for hands and have to breath through your toes. And that's never fun."

SamJaz bent down by the river and picked up a smooth, flat stone. Throwing it, it bounced across the water once, twice, three times, before hitting the water again in the first location and repeating the process.

"When you can get a combo of fifty bounces, you're ready for the next step." Jardsam explained. "Remember the time-travelling punch and repeat that to the stone. Freeze it and accelerate it back to the moment you threw it."

@SamJaz: Arthur did as he was told. At first, he couldn't quite grasp how to do it, but it didn't take long before the stone actually did as it was told and returned to the starting point. He repeated it a bunch of times, getting better and better at it with every attempt and at an alarming speed. You'd think he was born to make time his slave. When he finally managed to do as he was told, getting a combo of 50, he was pretty exhausted mentally, but he could endure that. Though, he had to make sure it wasn't just a fluke and he tried it again. Piece of cake.

"Next step if you will, Mr. J."

Online Now

@ChronoWolf: "Alrighty then Harley." Jardsam said with a smirk, getting to his feet. "Now, send this rock five seconds into the future. Then send it twenty seconds into the past."

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel