HELLSCRAPER RPG

Topic started by SamJaz on Feb. 8, 2013. Last post by SamJaz 6 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by ChronoWolf (2,112 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@SamJaz: @Fehafare:

Punched in the face? So you're only transported if you get punched in the face. Good to know. Yes, those are the first thoughts that came to Arthur despite just learning that he was sent back in time. "Thanks." He took Jardsam's hand and got up. "Yeah, I guess you could say that. We were just trying to stop you from ending the universe or whatever. You've got one hell of a jab you know. Did you train boxing or something?"

Yes, he is talking to the guy he was trying to kill several seconds ago in a very casual manner. But what can you do? He was just transported into the past, nothing he can do about it. No use crying over spilt milk, he always says. Instead, go ahead and find a way to stop that milk from being spilt again. And since he's in the past, he might even influence the future to make the fight for FCL easier. Maybe hide a weapon here somewhere... If he only had a weapon to hide.

Post by SamJaz (11,612 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@ChronoWolf: "Deja Fu, actually." Jardsam said with a smirk, tossing a light shadow punch to the left. "Also trained in Muai Thai, Meyraiyuth, Jeet Kune Do, Baritsu, Klurkor, Llap-Goch, Capoeira, Metallikato (Which is surprisingly difficult when you aren't a robot), Jarate, Kyokugen-style, Mishima-style and Saikyo-style Karate, Hokuto Shinken, Rex Kwon Do, Musabetsu Kakuto Ryu, Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu, Gun Kata, Hip-hopkido, Cobra Kai aaaaaanad…"

Jardsam shifted his grip on Arthur's hand, holding the Frost-wolf's index finger between his own index finger and thumb, with the middle and ring finger curled up but the pinkie extended. "The wuxi finger hold." Jardsam finished with a smile.

@SamJaz:

"Hey, I practiced some of those too! If only I knew, I'd have tried being friends with you. Though, are you sure you want to do that? That explosion could wreck this whole floor. And besides..." Arthur grabbed Jardsam's pinky with his free hand before it could drop, holding it in a similar manner to the way Jardsam held Arthur's index finger. "I can do the same on any of your fingers. I had a lot of practice. But I don't want us to kill eachother now. Instead, I have a business proposition. Wanna hear it?"

@ChronoWolf:

Jardsam thought about it.

"Healing factor." He commented, keeping a firm grip on Arthur's finger. "What's your offer?"

@SamJaz:

Healing spells, Arthur thought. Not to mention that he's been exposed to it several times while training it, sometimes through his own mistakes and sometimes because his sensei was an arse. But that's a story for another time.

"I will tell you who the seven princesses of heart are as well as owe you anything you want if you let me crash here for a few days. I know who I can stay with, after some convincing." That was originally Arthur's offer though at the last second he remembered something. "And bring that white-haired guy here. I need to settle a score."

@ChronoWolf: "Oh, I already know who they are. I've got them." Jardsam said. "I'm just getting them ready for the big day. Kelly's proving to be difficult, but I think that I've found an alternative to her."

Jardsam flicked himself out of Arthur's hold and walked away, before turning around and looking back at him.

"What white haired guy?"

@SamJaz: Arthur described Cale as best as he could. And it was really detailed actually, I guess when you hate something with a burning passion you're gonna remember it's appearance so you can squish it without mistaking it for someone else. Though it seemed strange that Jardsam didn't know who Arthur was talking about. Then it occurred to him that... No. Impossible. It couldn't be another disguise of that black haired brat, could it? He should be at the bottom of an ocean. "By the way Jardsam, is Damien here?"

@ChronoWolf: "Demien?" Jardsam asked. "Sure, she's upstairs. Took a while to convince her not to try and kill me for the heresy of being English though." He smirked. "Frenchies. Love 'em or hate 'em, their women are fit."

@SamJaz: "Good. Listen, in a few days, maybe even hours, someone's going to try to kill Joan. A black haired boy who might or might not be covered in tattoos. And he's going to succeed. And wanna know the worst part? Not even you will be aware of it. I can guarantee that. I'm from the future after all. That's why I'll change the deal from telling you who the princesses are, even though I'm sure you're missing two, into keeping Damien safe."

@ChronoWolf:

Jardsam raised an eyebrow.

"It's Taylor isn't it?" Jardsam asked. "Did he come here to stop me?"

@SamJaz: Arthur opened his mouth to say something but closed them again. "Well, I don't know why he did it, but I believe he said that his name was Taylor. When you say stop... What exactly do you mean?" Surely, whatever that brat did couldn't have had a good reason behind it. I mean, just remembering him gives Arthur a bad vibe. FCL didn't stop the doing of a good thing, right? Right?

@ChronoWolf:

"I don't know, that's why I asked you." Jardsam said. "I've been Taylor's enemy since before we started counting sweeps, and for the last seventeen universes I've simply let him be. I'm asking if he came to hurt me, or if he came to hurt somebody else. I need to know what he was trying to achieve before we know how to save his victims."

@SamJaz: "OK, OK. Let's see..." Arthur did his best to recall the events of floor 66. "Oh yeah. He tried stealing your son's mind. Well, he tried taking Samson's persona, but that's pretty much the same thing. See, he wanted to take out Nike, which Sam somehow got as part of his psyche, I forgot how. Apparently, she's Taylor's wife or something. And she hates him. I really am not sure why he killed and raped Joan for that though... There are better ways to do that then to wait for 66 floors while pretending to be someone else."

@ChronoWolf: "Oh for crying out loud…" Jardsam said, palming his face and laughing. "That poor kid. He was really trying too…

"Taylor is an absolute failure." Jardsam explained, lifting a hand and creating a drill. "That is the source of all of his power. He and I are complete dichotomies. I am progress and freedom, he is failure and pain. That's not to say that I never lose, but I can accept defeat and move on. That's part of life. Taylor can't. Everything he tries to do, he fails."

SamJaz crushed the drill in his grip. "So, think about it. He had a wife. She hated him. What was he trying to do?"

@SamJaz: "If he was trying to make her love him he was going about it... Oh... Failure at everything... Obviously he'd take the wrong route. I sort of feel bad for sending him to the bottom of the ocean now. OK, so how do we go about stopping him from raping and killing Joan?" Another thought occurred to Arthur in the meantime. If Taylor's power stems from failing, what would happen if he actually succeeded at something, like getting Nike to love him?

@ChronoWolf: "If he loved her, he'd think she was the most perfect being in the world." Jardsam said, reaching into his pockets and withdrawing his thinking spectacles. His goddess was a goddess of victory as well as a venus. If she was in this tower, then to him she must be a princess of Heart."

"But that's not the qualifier." Jardsam explained, donning the glasses and pacing. "It's the ability to shift the hearts of the masses. To raise nations and empower armies with a word. Like Clare, she's not even trying but has one of the most stubborn of your friends wrapped around her little finger. Nike is not one of them, especially with the way Taylor crushes her emotionally, but he wouldn't take that for an answer. He would question her until he got his answer. But he wouldn't kill her. After all, he's a hero that's braving the tower to save the love of his life. Killing a princess isn't something a hero would do, no matter how much they resisted.

"Of course, a hero of such loyalty and devotion would never betray his missing wife, no matter how alluring the princess being questioned was." Jardsam added. "No matter what wiles she would try to allure him with, he would resist her advances."

He clicked his finger.

"Paradox clone."

@SamJaz: "Great, have fun with your cloning. Now that we got that settled, I think I'll go visit Hitomi. You really messed up my coat and I can't have that... Eh, mind giving me directions? Last I entered this place I entered through a hole in the ceiling." It wasn't just the coat that made Arthur want to visit Hitomi. Though, the biggest problem with what he plans is to get her to believe him. He has a plan though. Oh, and he might stop by that annoying accountant which wouldn't let him pass. After those two are dealt with, he will have one more thing to prepare. And that's gonna be the hardest thing to take care of.

@ChronoWolf: Jardsam raised an eyebrow. "Not scared of causing a time paradox?" He asked Arthur. "Don't you know that the smallest change in history can cause devastating butterfly effects?"

@SamJaz: "I'll deal with that if it comes up. Besides, I doubt her seeing me now will change much. And hey, didn't I just help you figure out a way to save one of your precious princesses despite her dying in the future? Just me appearing here should be a paradox, shouldn't it? Anyway, those directions..."

@ChronoWolf:

Jardsam grinned.

"Arthur, how would you like to spend a year training under me as a Chronomancer before going to talk to Hitomi?" He asked. "It'll only take five minutes."

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel