HELLSCRAPER RPG

Topic started by SamJaz on Feb. 8, 2013. Last post by SamJaz 6 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by SamJaz (11,728 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@ChronoWolf: @ReliusClover: @Kuma_From_Argentina: @Yeilin:

SamJaz blinked. That... was odd.

"You won." Captain Scurvybeard explained as medics ran into the room, casting healing magics and performing surgery on the corpses. "No worries, but the pirates would have blown your head clean off key man. And we all know what happens when someone shoots you in the head."

SamJaz put his hands down, slowly. "We're not like those cowboys from up top." The pirate behind him said, lifting his eyepatch to reveal a perfectly good eye. "We're just here for the game. No need to go overboard. Badum, tish!"

The captain groaned. "Johan, that pun was so awful, you're getting the first round tonight." He grunted, before leading the pirates away. "Carry on kids, have fun! And watch out for the tenth floor. That one's a doozy."

Floor -09

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,631 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@SamJaz @ChronoWolf: @Yeilin:@ReliusClover:

Gen punched a couple of the shooting pirates but after learning this was an act he stopped right in his tracks. Fighting actors wasn’t something he wanted to do, and even the promise of gold didn’t attract him. Living like a hobo for two years during his training made him completely ignore material goods. When the fairies asked him for money and find out that he didn’t have any he made a counter offer, instead of 1000 dollars he would give them five fingers in the face. Amazed, or better put, scared of his bargaining skills the fairies backed off. Going back to the present Gen only grabbed a couple of coins as the Pirate let them through, weird that they didn’t cared about their fallen comrades…

Floor -09

The stairs went down through another artificial sky, but all that was visible was a lot of water.

Lots of water.

The stairs continued down, well below the surface of the water, and a stone structure was visible below the waterline.

Switching his Persona to Oracle, SamJaz could see that it was a maze, some parts completely waterfilled- although there were air pockets throughout.

The labrynth itself wasn't too difficult, the problem was the water. Lots and lots of water.

"Alright." SamJaz eventually said. "Who can swim?"

Post by Yeilin (81 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@SamJaz said:

@ChronoWolf: @ReliusClover: @Kuma_From_Argentina:

SamJaz left the showers and revealed some of Yei's personal history. She wanted to clock him for it but stayed her hand, "You're ruining my mystique, Sam." Instead she jested. The boys paid their fees for new clothes and the group moved on to the next floor which was filled with pirates and gold. Rather than fight the pirates, the kagehime looted. That wasn't what she came for, and she wasn't that interested in prizes or money, but it was all there, so she took some. She didn't even bother to see what the others were doing until Captain Scurvybeard revealed it was all fun and games, causing some of the others to apologize for killing his friends.

The ninth floor was comprised mostly of water. The shadow disciple twisted her fingers into various forms of the 81 sacred seals which opened her conscience up to higher levels and allowed her to hold her breath for extended amounts of time and see with clarity. She then relied on Bakemonnojutsu to raise her vibratory rate, and phase through the physical plane as if a ghost. Moving through water was as simple as moving through air.

The seaworld maze was littered with old water mines, resembling those from World War II, and sharp reef at the bottom.

Yei was confident in her own ability to navigate the intricate labyrinth so she turned to her companions and offered a nod of good luck.

SamJaz watched as Yei swam down, effortlessly reaching the maze's entrance as if she didn't need to breathe.

"Any other ideas?" SamJaz asked the team, before putting his hand into the water.

Warm, slightly salty, not chlorinated. So freezing it and smashing it isn't an option, neither him nor Arthur have that much freezing power. Also, Yei wouldn't take kindly to being made into an icecube.

"Nothing for it then." SamJaz said, banishing the keyblade and, with a deep breath, dove into the water, swimming downwards and relying on Oracle to lead him to the entrance with the most air pockets near it.

-I don’t think I could punch it right?- Gen said joking as he gestured a punch to the surface - I know a guy that can punch holes in oceans a let them stay like that but he is in Indonesia or something like that, and I don’t have the same rank in the Spirit Boxing Federation- Once again Gen broke the rules of the SBF, as like Fight Club you couldn’t talk about the SBF to outsiders. The Hot-Blooded Boxer talked about Bal Kajid an Indonesian Spirit Boxer that had a lot of tricks with water, such as punching the humidity from an opponent until he fell from dehydration. -I can hold my breath for 15 minutes if needed and I know how to swim- The usually confident face of Gen changed when a goose bump ran through his body as he remembered the hellish training he was put to by his Mentor to swim, like crossing from the main island to Hokkaido by swimming.

The shadow sister descended into the deep, cool waters. Her Bakemonnojutsu gave her free movement in the brine, as it significantly lessened her material density. Water became like air, and though it was cold, part of a ninja's training involved achieving a meditative calm and poise after enduring hours of the gelid downpour of a certain waterfall deep within Japan's wilderness. There was also the 5th gesture of the 9 sacred hand seals which represented complete control of the body's functions. By invoking it, a ninja may withstand extremes that no normal human could fathom.

As if that weren't remarkable enough, the shadow disciple's digital diary also possessed preternatural qualities. The ninja have long been a part of Japan's obscurities. In the old days they served feudal warlords as weather forecasters, star readers, time tellers, fortune readers, spies and assassins. Now they're involved in some of Japan's industries. With their metaphysical understanding of forces, energies and nature, the ninja have knowledge that traditional science, especially western science, has yet to discover. In this, Yei's digital diary could withstand an impressive amount of pressure or energy; and could even phase through matter just as she could. So like the shadow, it remained fully intact and operative.

As she delve deeper, the kagehime held up a closed fist to indicate to those who were not readily able to proceed that they should wait for her report of what lay ahead.

Winding through the maze she came upon the first air pocket at 15 meters from the beginning. The second appeared approximately 30 meters from the first. The maze seemed to go on forever, she noted, as she continued. Air pockets would usually come every 10 to 35 meters and the paths of the enigmatic labyrinth were laden with mines that one would have to carefully weave through.

45 minutes after her perambulation she returned the surface of the entrance where the others were and delivered her report.

"If anyone needs help getting to the other side now's your time to speak up. Once we're in there you boys will most likely have to keep moving if you wanna make it to each air pocket alive. I have some degree of elemental control, if you need fire for warmth I can provide it, but again, let me know before we begin. You won't be able to talk in there unless your lungs are big enough to hold enough air."

(She's probably talking to everyone except SamJaz here :p)

Post by ReliusClover (784 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@SamJaz @Kuma_From_Argentina: @ChronoWolf: @Yeilin:

Phantom looks at the watery scene before him. He pretty much didn't do anything on the last floor and it didn't look like he'd have to deal with any kinds of enemies here either. He listens to Yei's report of the water floor and her offer to help anyone who needs to be helped. "Thanks but don't need it, i'm sure i'll deal with this." Phantom replies nearly instantly.

It wasn't like he had no reason to do so, on his little theft travels over the world he swum in every ocean and while searching old ship wrecks he ended up with no oxygen more often than not. He had to avoid enemies under water a few times too so the mines shouldn't be too troublesome as they were static. The only worry he currently had was the fear of not being able to dry his suit after this and that it might get dirty if he encounters something underwater. Even if there was some kind of problem he could always blink in one direction till he doesn't get to an exit or air pocket.

Shortly after he jumps into the water, he decides that following Sam is the smartest thing he can do.

Post by ChronoWolf (2,120 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@SamJaz: @Kuma_From_Argentina: @Yeilin: @ReliusClover:

"Good luck Phantom. I highly doubt your cards can help you breath under water."

Arthur made a helmet out of ice. He made it transparent, and there was enough air in it for Arthur to last long enough. This will be easy.

He dove beneath the water. Apperantly, Yei forgot to mention the underwater charges in her report. Arthur though he could just throw shards at them and make them explode. That might be exepatble on air. But, water is much different. Doing that would mean damaging all his internal organs. That is not something he would want. I just have to avoid them then. Easy.

SamJaz burst into the first pocket, gulping the delicious air as he climbed onto the stone.

He;d been thinking.

This was where the pirates had their sea battles. So some organisations used multiple floors.

He put his hand out and launched a fireball, starting a small campfire to warm himself up with. He'd wait for others before moving on ahead. A quick feel of the air vents told him that he wasn't in any danger of suffocating from stale air down here.

Gen jumped in the water and easily stroke under water. After training in the icy waters of Hokkaido, water like this wasn’t a problem. He used Breaststroke style to swim and with his amazing musculature the task was easy as pie. He reached the first air pocket and got up, warming himself with the fire –Hey Key-aniki, how many levels had this place?- Asked Gen as he, in a classical move, ignored most of the explanation in the first floor

"Very well," she acknowledged Phantom's confidence with a nod and saw the rest of the team were already on the move. Waiting for the rest to proceed, the kagehime tailed them from behind. After considering their impressive feats up until this point, she decided the mines weren't noteworthy for her to report.

@Kuma_From_Argentina: @Yeilin: @ReliusClover: @SamJaz:

Arthur got out of the water into the air pocket. His helmet disappeared. Sam was sitting next to fire. "Mind if I join you stranger?"

Arthur sat next to Sam. "So Sam, what do you think. We've only beaten 8 floors not counting this one. If we keep going at this rate, is there a chance we will be done in only one day?"

Arthur highly doubted they would run into more floors like the fairy one. And even if they do, Phantom probably wouldn't be willing to pay for any food or drink there. "I also might need some better clothes. This shirt is nice and all, but it isn't very warm. Ice mage or not I'm still human."

Yei allowed herself to densify back to a normal human state and popped up into the air pocket with Sam and Arthur, "Not bad so far.. Thanks for the fire, Sam." It was unnecessary but she was never one to dismiss kind acts. Phasing to a higher vibratory rate once more she sunk down to the bottom where the sharp reeves were, unharmed as her weight was significantly reduced by the lessening of her density. She removed her digital diary and began snapping images of the environment for her final report back to the Iga doshu.

Phantom blinks into the air pocket, just to see all members already there. "Sorry to keep you waiting guys." he spreads out his arms trying to show something that will justify the fact that he was late. On the floor were many pearls of different shapes and sizes, Crown collected them when he spotted them near on the bottom while he was on his way to the air pocket, he just had an eye for stuff like that. They weren't special, Phantom had some of the most perfect and some of the largest pearls in his possession but none of them could be used in a practical way as they were stolen and letting anyone wearing something made of them would be suspicious.

But these ones were simple and he could make something like a necklace for Clare. He could afford himself to by her much more expensive things and he certainly did that often, but he wanted to bring something for her from this travel, other than the guitar which he's been making levitate for the past two floors now.

@SamJaz: @Kuma_From_Argentina: @Yeilin: @ReliusClover:

Yei and Phantom got into the air pocket along with Arthur, Sam and Gen. "Hey, Phantom. Why don't you play a few cords for us, now that we're all around the camp fire. You can play the guitar, right?"

That might have seemed like a joke, but Arthur was completely serious about it. The fire was warm, but it would take a few more minutes for the team to warm up completely. A guitar is a nice instrument to play as long as you can sing together with it. A violin wasn't bad either. Arthur had to learn to play both under his teacher

The Kagehime finished up her photoshoot at the bottom and returned to the top to witness Arthur suggesting Phantom to play some chords on the guitar they once fought over. "As long as it isn't kumbaya, I'd tolerate it." She said, snapping a photo of the four men in her company.

@SamJaz @ChronoWolf: @Yeilin:@ReliusClover

Gen without waiting for Phantom to start said –But I wont, and as I don’t want to go Animal House on that guitar I’m going to the next pocket- and with that he plowed himself into the cold water.

Phantom a little bit surprised by the request, was about to start playing something. Though he could only play the piano he was sure that he would be able to make of the guitar as well when he noticed that Gen is already leaving, but he didn't mind.

"Oh well, i'm not used to such a small audience but alright." he says half-jokingly. He plays something classical and simple. It's not really impressive on any level and nothing outstanding but at least it sounded like something and it didn't hurt the ears either. Phantom actually wanted to follow Gen's example and leave but he decided to stay a bit longer, it was warm and he could think about what happened on the seventh floor, it was something that just didn't let him go.

@SamJaz: @Yeilin: @Kuma_From_Argentina: @ReliusClover:

"Suprisingly, that wasn't that bad. Needs work, but it's not bad." Arthur said in a hriendly tone. Phantom seemed to be in deep tought. Arthur pondered what he could be thinking about.

Wateever it was, it probably wasn't important. If he was right about Phantom, the man only though about valuables and his girlfriend. Well, that's not exactly what Arthur tought about him, but it was what people who didn't spend some time with Phantom would.

"I think I'll be leaving as well. Gen might want some company at the next air pocket" Arthur made another helmet and jumped into the water. He wanted to cathc up to Gen as soon as possible so he made himself wings. That would atleast double his speed if he used them correctly. Just as he was bout to reach the next air pocket, one of his wings scratched a mine. Arthur had only barely enough time to protect himself with his wings. He was blown out of the water and into te next air pocket. He hit a wall and was passed out.

The mine set of a chain reaction. Anyone swimming behind Arthur was going to have a bad time. At least all the mines going to the next air pocket were destroyed, but that would probably atrract attention if there were any enemies nearby.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel