HELLSCRAPER RPG

Topic started by SamJaz on Feb. 8, 2013. Last post by SamJaz 6 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by SamJaz (11,258 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@Fehafare: @ChronoWolf:

Crown hit the ground, sliding along the dirt for a few metres before stopping.

The smell of burnt electrics pervades his nostrils.

He could feel oil under his fingertips.

He breathed in the chemicals, and coughed.

Looking around, Aleister would recognise the landscape, although there was a lot more craters now than there was before.

The grasslands also seemed to be a lot more on fire than before he was punched.

A torrent of crude oil fell from the ceiling, polluting the river that was a bit too close to sparking electricals.

"You made it. I knew you would."

The speaker was one the machine god, sat cross legged near where Crown landed. Apart from him, there was no other in the entire floor.

"I'm sorry for your loss." The machine said. "Your allies fought valiantly, but in the end, they were overcome. The world as you know it ended last week."

Post by Fehafare (8,065 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@SamJaz: @ChronoWolf:

Crown blinked a few times.

The thing addressing him seemed to be like the guy from before, but his words made no sense.

There could be only one meaning to this, but Crown didn't want to believe it.

He coughed a few times before he finally had the courage to ask.

"Does that mean i'm.... ?"

"Just in time for valentine's day, the fourteenth of february, two-thousand and thirteen years after the birth of Christ." The machine god explained, before pointing upwards.

There was no ceiling. Instead, walls were visible above a false sky, leaving a large chasm, that rose up through the layers of bedrock, dirt and piping to reveal a black sky where the stars were blinking out of existence, one by one.

"The Big Crunch." He explained. "Brought about prematurely by Jardsam so he can abscond to the universe that will follow this one. This was why he required Clare, and the other Princesses. This is what you were fighting to stop."

-=-

TWO WEEKS EARLIER

-=-

SamJaz looked at where Crown stood, and was enraged, charging at his father with axe and sword in hand.

Post by ChronoWolf (2,089 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@SamJaz: @Fehafare:

A wall of ice appeared before the charging Sam. Arthur didn't really expect that wall to do much since Sam apparently had a nasty habit of dispelling the ice without moving a finger (he'll have to remember to talk to Sam about that later), but it served as a good show of the fact that Arthur wanted Sam to stop.

"Now, now Sam. We need to at least try being civil. So, Mr. Jardsam. I like your suit. It matches your hair. Say, how about we talk this over? We're sure you had only the best intention when you kidnapped our friend's girlfriend and when you did whatever you just did to Phantom. Usually, I would think that there has to be something evil here but you told me how to freeze time and there really isn't a reason for you to do that if you're gonna fight us in the future. But please, bring our friend back. I promise to do anything you want as a counter-favor."

@ChronoWolf: @SamJaz:

It took Crow a few seconds to register the date given to him. His head reflexively turned upwards allowing his eyes to see what the machine being was pointing at. The first thing he noticed was the disturbing lack of soil. Who or what did that? It seemed like very little of the Hellscraper was left, not that he could get himself to care at this point. As he gazed upon the black sky all he could see little white dots disappearing one after another. The stars weren't simply dying, they were quiet literally disappearing. Crown watched as a feeling of terror slowly took over. It wasn't a realization or anything, it simply confirmed what he already feared to be true.

For a few moments he was removed from the world around him, countless thoughts went through his head. But tough the questions were endless, there was only one answer to all of them. It was gone. No matter whom or what he thought of the only conclusion he could reach with the information given to him was that that person or thing was no more in this world. The combination of that realization and the smoke, smell and noise around him assaulting his senses produced a new feeling inside of him, a natural reaction to the situation he found himself in. And there was only one person there on whom that feeling was focused.

Crown glared at the Machine God through the oil filled air. Call it rage, anger, wrath or whatever, it all came down to the same.

"CUT THE BULLSHIT! What is really going on!?"

It could be simple denial or a gut feeling, but Crown was not accepting current reality as it was.

With his fists clenched tight to the point that his entire body was shaking, he fixed his head into a single position looking at the only other intelligent thing in sight.

He was not going to take this as granted.

@Fehafare:

"The reality of the situation is that you, Aleister Crown, and I, Mechanicus, are the last two sentient organisms in the universe." The machine god told Crown. "The spares were eliminated, universes are unwritten, and Jardsam is within his Office a the centre of it all, waiting for the end so he can move on with his life and continue in the next world, as he has a thousand times before and will do a thousand times again."

@ChronoWolf:

Jardsam looked coldly at the mage of ice.

"I taught you how to freeze time because I needed that outer god to become a tear." He said simply, turning and heading for the stairs to begin the end of all things. "You have nothing to bargain with."

@SamJaz:

Arthur froze for a second, metaphorically of course. Well, when you got nothing to bargain with...

"Oh, OK. Sam... Let's get this son of a bitch, no offense to your grandmother."

Arthur pushed of from the ground, jumping over Jardsam and landing in front of the stairs. He got into a stance, if you consider a relaxed posture with hands in the pockets a stance, which you definitely should for Arthur.

Matt wasn't sure what to do. Yeah, he wanted to kill this man and he wanted to do it slowly. But could they really do it? He just disintegrated Crown,! With a single punch! No sir, no thanks, no way. Matt's not fighting a battle he knows he will lose. But... Didn't he aware vengeance for the guys in Kaspa? Probably did. How does he get into these messes?

With a flash of green, Matt's spot was taken by the knight in shining armour, the warrior of light and justice, Galantus.

@SamJaz:

"And you expect me to believe that crap?" though considering all the things Crown went through in the Hellscraper that explanation he was given did not actually sound THAT outrageous, but it was still more convenient for Crown to simply dismiss it. He took a few steps towards Mechanicus. "Why me anyway? Why would i be so special?" for him it was still unthinkable that he was the only one left there, it simply seemed to unrealistic to be true.

"You know what, forget that question. It doesn't matter." for a moment Crown stopped lowering his face as if he was coming to terms with it, but quickly rose again and continued.

"If what you are saying is true, well that's reason enough for me to kill."

"And if it's a lie then all i have to do beat both the shit and the truth out of you. It's a win-win situation for me. I can start mourning this world after I AM the only last sentient organism in this universe."

With that and a hail of Cutting Cards, Crown declared war.

@Fehafare: The cutting cards was met with a wall of defensive cards, always one rank higher than the cards they were defending.

"Lincent was not my only repeated teacher." Mechanicus explained from behind the hailstorm of cards. "The reason why Jardsam kept Arthur from learning that skill until the last moment was to prevent me from learning it. But there is a skill that can make this right."

-=-

TWO WEEKS EARLIER

-=-

@ChronoWolf:

"None taken." SamJaz snarled, charging for his father, swinging blades and avoiding that deadly punch. Jardsam's fist collided with SamJaz's axe blade, and the weapon vanished.

=-=

TWO WEEKS LATER

=-=

An axe handle clonked Aleister on his head, before falling onto the grass beside him.

-=-

TWO WEEKS EARLIER

-=-

Dodging back, SamJaz raised his bolter and fired a few rounds into Jardsam, knocking a few holes into him and knocking him back before the bullets began to circle towards Galantus.

SamJaz dropped the bolter and cast Reflega on the knight, launching the bolts back towards his father and summoning his axe back towards him.

=-=

TWO WEEKS LATER

=-=

The axe vanished, as quickly as it arrived, and Mechanicus grinned at Phantom.

"Do you see?" He asked. "The past is still in flux. Your actions in the present can change what happened before."

-=-

TWO WEEKS EARLIER

-=-

The axe arrived in SamJaz's hand, swinging to remove his father's leg, but he hopped into the air and superman-punched his son in the head, and light flashed.

=-=

TWO WEEKS LATER

=-=

Light flashed, and the ghost of a figure appeared, roaring as he dug a sword and an axe into the ground, before pushing forward and vanishing in another flash of light.

"Even with your knowledge of this grim present, that battle for all time is not over yet." Mechanicus told Al. "It's just a question of 'How Do I Get Back?', and you can change this."

-=-

TWO WEEKS EARLIER

-=-

SamJaz anchored himself with the axe and sword, then launched himself forward, sheathing the sword into the axe and swinging the blunt end into Jardsam's gut, launching him into a mountain.

"COME ON THEN!!" SamJaz shouted, slamming a fist against his chest to taught the old man.

Crown held his head. As comical as it may have looked, the axe was heavy and hurt quiet a bit.

Though the pain helped Crown cool down a bit.

It seemed like there was a way to get back, and that guy knew how.

"I'm listening...." he said with a voice full of hostility and contempt.

@SamJaz: @Fehafare:

"Huh... I guess you don't need us if you're gonna kick so much ass all by yourself. We'll just... We'll stay here and guard the staircase." Arthur spoke. He was quickly joined by Matt in front of the stairs. Let Sam do everything on his own if he really wants that. Matt doesn't mind.

"You may recall that there is one among your team who is capable of sending people back in time." Mechanicus explained. "Were she here, she could return anyone Jardsam launched into the future. Of course, he himself is aware of this and would never take such a risk. This is why we require a third party, for I myself have not developed this skill of hers. However, I prepared a means to bring her here."

=-=

TWO WEEKS EARLIER

=-=

SamJaz grinned at Arthur's remark, only to be launched backwards.

"MECHANUS!" Jardsam shouted. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

The Machine god in the red suit rose to his feet. "I've been overcome with the strangest urge to repair the elevator." He replied, walking away from the battle at hand. "I'm sure you can deal with two para-humans."

SamJaz lunched past Mechanicus, only to be launched backwards by a spinning kick of blue fire. "I will keep this son of yours under control, however."

Kelly and Coleen looked at each other, and made their choices. Kelly charged towards Mechanicus, ready to tear him limb from limb as Coleen, gears at the ready, dashed forwards to join Arthur and Matt in their attempt to hold Jardsam down.

"As said, i'm listening so get to the damn point and quit stalling." though compared to how he was a moment before, Crown could be called calm, there was still some anger in his words and the glare in his eyes certainly would make it clear as to what he thought about his conversation partner.

Lincent on the other hand was bored out of his mind. Though he didn't really get what was going on, other than that Crown had disappeared to him it looked like the thing between Sam and Jardsam was a family matter and he'd rather not get into it. On the other hand, there certainly was a person in the room he'd like to fight.

Turning his left arm into his Chainsword Bolter he charged at the thing that he killed him countless times before.

He was going to fight Mechanus.

"The plan is to wait for Coleen Kurugi to get punched into the future by her father so she can send us back." Mechanicus said, before reaching into his breast pocket and handing Phantom an orange card. "Unless you can make one of these for her time travel ability."

The card showed Aleister, making a hand gesture and throwing a card. At the top, it bore the title FILOU- Exploding Card Mk III.

There were some other various stats and pieces of coding on the card, but essentially, this was the skill card that was the bread and butter of Mechanicus's database.

-=-

TWO WEEKS EARLIER

-=-

Mechanicus jumped under SamJaz's axe and palmed Kelly in the gut before transforming his hand into a massive mechanical tripod- with three notched spheres at the end of each prong, forming something much akin to an anti-warship drill. Mechanicus grabbed the chainsword bolter with the fingers, reducing it to cinders within a single second by sheer velocity of boring.

@Fehafare: @SamJaz:

Arthur quickly got bored of guard duty. Just standing around wasn't something he could do, especially not with a most evil man attacking his friends. "Say, just standing around is pretty boring, isn't it Matt?". He tried striking up a conversation.

"I... Guess so. But it's better then getting killed by a psychopath." Matt's reply was less then satisfactory. Unlike Arthur, Matt wasn't really in the mood for fighting. He didn't mind fighting as long as it was a fight in which his odds of survival were zero.

"Oh, come on. Live a little.

"I'm content with living a lot actually."

"Suit your self. Though, do you really expect Kelly to go out with you if you just stand around being useless?" Arthur cracked his knuckles as he moved forward. he wasn't exactly the big bad, but Mechanicus was a good enough substitute.

He ran towards the bastard with one hand raised in the air and clenched into a fist. When there were about two meters separating them, Arthur kicked off of the ground, into the air. When he was high in the air and right above Mechanicus, Arthur spun in the air so that his legs were facing the sky and his head the machine god and formed a platform of ice right above himself. Just as his foot touched the ice, he propelled himself forward, leaving a broken sound barrier behind himself. His arm was extended in front of him, and his hand formed a fist. "Eat this Mecha-ass!"

To ensure no running away was gonna happen, because let's be honest, such an attack was extremely vulnerable to simply moving to the side, Arthur made a tunnel of ice shards around his target and himself. Either take the punch or get torn to bits by shards of ice. That was the only thing Arthur saw Mechanicus doing.

Matt watched Arthur speed away towards Mechanicus as he considered Arthur's parting words. There was probably some truth there... But what was the point of even trying to win her over? She probably already decided never to go out with him, ever. For any reason. Dying was definitely not going to help him with that. Besides, it's not like he actually fell in love with her so easily after having some personal memories of her. Which he soon forgot anyway.

So why was he wearing Galantus's armor? Why was he running forwards with his spear extended? And why did he not care that he was probably gonna die?

@ChronoWolf: @Fehafare:

"High functioning sociopath, actually." Jardsam said as he calmly walked past the charging Matt, slowing time around them so he could hear every word. "And thank you for taking care of my daughters." With that, he descended the unguarded staircase onto the next floor.

Time began to flow again, and Coleen saw her father escape, dashing for the stairs, only for them to close, covered by metal and grass, completely impassable.

Some distance away, the fight intensified. With Lincent disarmed, Mechanicus rolled under SamJaz's axe swing and through Kelly's vectors, seemingly headed for Arthur's shards, but instead stamped the ground, creating a fissure that blasted up scalding hot steam for a few seconds. The steam wasn't water vapour, but rather vaporised iron, and was hot enough that SamJaz and Kelly were scalded simply by being within a few metres of it.

=-=

TWO WEEKS LATER

=-=

"So, what's your choice, Crown?" Mechanicus asked Aleister. "Do we wait, or can you create the ability to go back in time yourself?"

Crown just starred at the card with frustration in his eyes. There was no way he could do it. After all he did not know any time manipulation himself.

On the other hand the thought of just sitting there and waiting was driving him insane as well.

He had no idea what to do.

"Suit yourself." Mechanicus said, rolling over on the grass and visualising the battle last fortnight,

Struggling, he created a red card with an animation of Coleen launching the gears. He digested it, and his right hand turned into a large red gear. "Take three million, two hundred and seven thousand, six hundred and eighty five then." Mechanicus sighed, trying again with another card. "Also, you'll be pleased to know that exactly two weeks ago, to the second, Jardsam left this floor and locked all of your team in combat with me, so Coleen's not coming. Best get experimenting if you want to go home."

That was it. Now he had to do something, regardless of whether he wanted or not.

Coleen wasn't coming to get him out of there and he himself hardly had any idea on how to do this. He looked at the card given to him, it was his own Mark III Card on it. But that was the only thing familiar on it, to begin with he had no idea how these things were made. In fact there was only one thing he could try. He stood up as the card floated above his palm. Slowly it's color started fading as if it was being peeled away. Slowly the Mark III Card pictured on it was no more. Instead there was a picture of Coleen, behind her a clock which seemingly moved backwards.

The title now was "COLEEN - Return in Time".

It was a desperate and childish try, but at least it was something.

Saying nothing he tossed the card to the machine god.

Mechanicus looked at the card. It was nice enough, but it didn't contain the power to turn back time.

What it did contain, however, was Crown's memories of Coleen. Every time he saw her shift history just a little, every subtle nudge in causality she made in front of him, Mechanicus had access to.

"Here's your task." He said, removing his little finger and tossing it to Crown. "Attach this to my body in the past, and I shall join you. Fail, and I will kill you. Are you ready?"

Once Crown made his answer, Mechanicus launched a red gear at the thief, sending him back.

-=-

TWO WEEKS EARLIER

-=-

Mechanicus swung a kick into SamJaz's axe, spinning to send his other heel into his cheek and launching him across tube field, creating a barrier against Kelly's bombardment as he did so.

He noticed SamJaz and Coleen charge him with swords drawn, coming at a ninety-degree angle to each other in a combo that Mechanicus would not be able to block.

So, he did the next best thing.

Bending down, he grabbed a tuft of grass and pulled, pushing his legs forward and tearing the floor up and lifting it over his head, revealing a decrepit cityscape below. Mechanicus floated in the air, holding the ground above his head as FCL fell.

They hadn't descended to the next floor, this was merely a space between the floors, where there was none. Buildings and skyscrapers floated in the space, with rusty girders and open pipes that orbited one another as the rock and soil above Mechanicus crumpled apart.

Crown landed above this, sending the small islands of solid ground drifting through the space. It wasn't clear how anyone was breathing at this point, but no one cared.

There was an island in the distance with the locked trapdoor, leading to the stairs, over in the distance. Nothing was underneath it, but that was the way downward.

This obstacle needed to be removed first, however.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel