HELLSCRAPER RPG

Topic started by SamJaz on Feb. 8, 2013. Last post by SamJaz 7 months ago.
Post by ChronoWolf (2,131 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Online Now

@SamJaz:

"So what's stopping Alvin from transporting the humans somewhere else now? That's what I would in a situation where everything is out to kill me." He though about his situation right now. Hellscraper trying to murder him and him planning on leaving now.

Back to Matt

Unlike Kelly, Mat was surprised. He went to most of Aliester Crowns theatre performances, some at the behest of his girlfriends, which he was to afraid to say in front of Kelly, most because he enjoyed the theatre. "Aliester Crown, huh? I never imagined you would be a superpowered thief."

Post by Fehafare (8,606 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@ChronoWolf: @SamJaz:

Phantom had his mask on, not because it was necessary but because out of habit. The atmosphere felt... old. It was quickly supported by two soldier, wearing armor and equipped with spears, riding by on horses. Though strangely enough they were chasing a man, also on a horse. That in itself wasn't all too strange, but the fact that his clothes loosely resembled a suit did not match up with the setting. It was old fashioned and strange and certainly wouldn't pass as such in modern times, but it was still strange for this situation.

It grows even more bizzare, as the man gets closer and one notices the read hair bound in a pony tail and ta white bone mask with the character for "unconcealed" on it. He stands up, perfectly holding his balance on a horse in full gallop and slowly turns around to face the two chasing him. In his hands appear two strangely designed small revolvers. The two soldiers stop and want to turn around, but both are shot and killed on the spot.

As the man turns around and gets back into the saddle his horse forcefully stops just before trampling Phantom.

The man gazes at him through his bone mask.

"Ah, you have seen me. What a pity. Your life ends here. What will be your last words? The great Phantom will listen to them."

Post by SamJaz (11,889 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Online Now

@ChronoWolf: @Fehafare:

"HOLD!!!"

A crossbow bolt was fired from behind, narrowly missing the masked man's cheek before embedding itself into a tree.

A ninja, dressed in all black, almost every inch of his body covered in weapons, was stood on a building, aiming a crossbow at the masked horseman. The ninja's boots and scarf were blood red, and he wore a white tengu mask on his right shoulder.

"Lives no more shall you take, spectre." The loud ninja declared. "For I, Sanjashi, shall bring an end to your-"

The ninja stopped his speech as SamJaz raised an axe and held the blade to the horse's neck.

"You will remove your mount from the presence of The Greater Phantom or I shall mount your mount's head on my mantlepiece." SamJaz warned, eyes targeting the horseman's throat as his left hand drew the handgun from his shoulder holster. Kelly also made her presence known as another witness, watching the horseman from the other side as she drew a knife from behind her back.

Sanjashi was ignored.

Online Now

@SamJaz: @ChronoWolf:

"Unintimidating." The man calling himself Phantom only said that in his cold and monotone voice as he disappeared in a puff of smoke from the horse and appeared above everyone and started shooting his guns, the bullets looking more like small balls of fire than actual projectiles.

Online Now

@SamJaz: @Fehafare:

"Hey! Watch where you're pointing that thing, oh Great Phantom!" Matt yelled at the Phantom wanna-be with guns, at same time transforming into Galantus. Glinda made a standard barrier to protect the group.

Floor 00

"You know what Hagane, it doesn't matter at the moment. How about we go down and see what Sam has to say about his actions? And you have to promise not to kill him." Arthur told the scientist. But before proceeding to the elevator he asked the receptionist "They aren't with the identification guy anymore, right?" After getting his answer Arthur muttered something that sounded like "good" and pulled Hagane with him into the Hellevator.

Online Now

@Fehafare: @ChronoWolf:

A large, wooden spear was launched from the forest, ready to impale the flying Phantom. It originated from another rooftop, from a young redhead dressed in a similar black-and-red suit as Sanjashi. The spear mutated mid-flight- changing shape and turning into a concrete cage to entrap the flying gunman.

"EXCELLENT WORK MY VASSAL!" Sanjashi declared as SamJaz moved around, using the trees as cover as he returned fire with his handgun and spells.

Kelly moved carefully, using her invisible arms to deflect those shots that came to close as she felt into the hearts of those around her, searching for a spark of hatred that she could use.

Hitomi was bouncing from tree to tree with a spool of razor wire- weaving a deadly spiders web when one of the trees opened up like an elevator door-

Revealing Hagane and Arthur.

Seeing the arrogant ninja and his servant girl attack, Hagane quickly connected the dots and realised the parallels. "OH HELL NO!" She shouted, pressing her hands into the dirt and creating a chemical reaction underneath the buildings- turning the foundations into gunpowder and igniting it.

The two ninja barely escaped with their lives before fire filled the air.

Online Now

The gun armed Phantom was replaced by smoke. He appeared again now standing in front of the team.

"Talk."

Online Now

SamJaz grinned. He knew that memorising that speech all those years ago would come in handy. And now, some idiot presented himself before him, demanding for SamJaz to talk, but neglecting to specify a subject.

"For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt?" SamJaz asked aloud, quoting the beginning paragraph of a sixty-three page long speech from Atlas Shrugged. "This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge-I am the man who will now tell you. You have heard it said that this is an age of moral crisis. You have said it yourself, half in fear, half in hope that the words had no meaning. You have cried that man’s sins are destroying the world and you have cursed human nature for its unwillingness to practice the virtues you demanded. Since virtue, to you, consists of sacrifice, you have demanded more sacrifices at every successive disaster. In the name of a return to morality, you have sacrificed all those evils which you held as the cause of your plight. You have sacrificed justice to mercy. You have sacrificed independence to unity. You have sacrificed reason to faith. You have sacrificed wealth to need. You have sacrificed self-esteem to self-denial. You have sacrificed happiness to duty. You have destroyed all that which you held to be evil and achieved all that which you held to be good. Why, then, do you shrink in horror from the sight of the world around you? That world is not the product of your sins, it is the product and the image of your virtues. It is your moral ideal brought into reality in its full and final perfection. You have fought for it, you have dreamed of it, and you have wished it, and I-I am the man who has granted you your wish. Your ideal had an implacable enemy, which your code of morality was designed to destroy. I have withdrawn that enemy. I have taken it out of your way and out of your reach. I have removed the source of all those evils you were sacrificing one by one. I have ended your battle. I have stopped your motor. I have deprived your world of man’s mind. Men do not live by the mind, you say? I have withdrawn those who do. The mind is impotent, you say? I have withdrawn those whose mind isn’t. There are values higher than the mind, you say? I have withdrawn those for whom there aren’t. While you were dragging to your sacrificial altars the men of justice, of independence, of reason, of wealth, of self-esteem-I beat you to it, I reached them first. I told them the nature of the game you were playing and the nature of that moral code of yours, which they had been too innocently generous to grasp. I showed them the way to live by another morality-mine. It is mine that they chose to follow. All the men who have vanished, the men you hated, yet dreaded to lose, it is I who have taken them away from you. Do not attempt to find us. We do not choose to be found. Do not cry that it is our duty to serve you. We do not recognise such duty. Do not cry that you need us. We do not consider need a claim. Do not cry that you own us. You don’t. Do not beg us to return. We are on strike, we, the men of the mind. We are on strike against self-immolation. We are on strike against the creed of unearned rewards and unrewarded duties. We are on strike against the dogma that the pursuit of one’s happiness is evil. We are on strike against the doctrine that life is guilt. There is a difference between our strike and all those you’ve practiced for centuries: our strike consists, not of making demands, but of granting them. We are evil, according to your morality. We have chosen not to harm you any longer. We are useless, according to your economics. We have chosen not to exploit you any longer. We are dangerous and to be shackled, according to your politics. We have chosen not to endanger you, nor to wear the shackles any longer. We are only an illusion, according to your philosophy. We have chosen not to blind you any longer and have left you free to face reality-the reality you wanted, the world as you see it now, a world without mind. We have granted you everything you demanded of us, we who had always been the givers, but have only now understood it. We have no demands to present to you, no terms to bargain about, no compromise to reach. You have nothing to offer us. We do not need you. Are you now crying: No, this was not what you wanted? A mindless world of ruins was not your goal? You did not want us to leave you? You moral cannibals, I know that you’ve always known what it was that you wanted. But your game is up, because now we know it, too."

SamJaz stopped, drawing a deep breath, when Hitomi put a hand to SamJaz's mouth. "Stop talking." She ordered, and he grudgingly lowered his hand.

Online Now

@SamJaz:

"Unsatisfying."

Phantom raised his gun with that single word as a reply

Online Now

Grinning, SamJaz leaned forward and pressed his head against the barrel of Phantom's gun. "Go on then if you think you're hard enough." The Keyblade wielder taunted.

Online Now

@Fehafare: @SamJaz:

"What're yo-" Arthur didn't get to finish his question before the buildings exploded. Or the floors below the buildings. "Are you crazy ?!" He asked Hagane in a slightly shaken and loud voice.

"Wow, wow, wow, calm down you guys. There's no reason for long boring monologs, or for homicide. If you don't mind lowering your gun for a second so we could talk, that would be much appreciated." Matt told the gun wielding Phantom from ancient Japan.

Online Now

"Hold on a sec." SamJaz added, holgin an upright index finger towards Matt. "I'm busy ridiculing our masked friend here."

-

"Arthur, you just willingly entered a deathtrap, several hundred feet underground, where you know people are trying to kill you." Hagane told him, glaring into the smoke to see if she could spot her impostor. "It's safe to say that you are clearly insane."

Online Now

"If Arthur was here He would give you such a slap your mother, father, siblings And children would feel it. Now, I believe our masked friend here might have valuable information about this floor. Just ignore Sam mister...?"

-

"Hey, I had no idea this place was gonna turn into a deathtrap when I first entered. And you tried to pull me down here to kill Sam not a minute ago." Arthur protested. No psychopathic redhead was gonna call him insane.

Online Now

Kelly slapped Matt across the back of the head. "I'm right here." She reminded him as SamJaz smirked at the two, still leaning towards the guns pointed at his head.

While this seemed idiocy, there was also a lot of brilliance to this target. Not only did this annoy and intimidate the opponent, it prevented him from pointing his guns at more chunkable targets, whereas the only person currently in danger of bullets was now the only person who was immune to bullets.

-

"Grew up in a concentration camp, I'm allowed to be psycho." Hagane argued. "Dammit, the ninja clones survived." She noted, seeing Sanjashi and his red-haired servant emerge from the smoke and approach the main party.

-

"They say that you get a very clear view on things when you're looking down the barrel of a gun." SamJaz told the Phantom who held the gun to his head. "Never draw your weapon unless you intend to kill. You're not going to kill me because you want me to talk, so already I know that you're bluffing. So now that I've raised the stakes, you have two options, all of them the wrong decision.

"You could Call my bluff, pull that trigger, and shoot me in the head." SamJaz said, glaring right into the white mask. "Put a bullet in my head, lose your answers, and get slaughtered by my companions, who would be the first to tell you that Bad Things happen to people who shoot me in the head.

"Your other option is even worse." SamJaz added with a smirk. "Fold, put your gun away, and we could talk civilly. While this does provide more hope for everyone's survival, it unfortunately involves you making the conscious decision to Yield Unto Me.

"So what's it gonna be?" SamJaz asked again, his grin now less than pleasant and more carnivorous. "Yield? Or Kill?"

Online Now

Phantom listed to all Sam had to say, as he finished the speech a slight smile appeared on Phantom's face. Sam certainly created a tricky situation, or rather he would have done so if not for two unknowns. For one, Phantom never searched for any real answers, he was just curious as to what was going on with these strangely looking people and their powers, beyond that, no answer was just as good as any.

And the other thing was...

BAM!

Two shots are fired. But not from the gun pressed onto Sam's head, Phantom used his other gun and shot two bullets into Sam's stomach.

Never do what your enemy wants you to.

Online Now

Blood spitting through his teeth, SamJaz grinned as he buckled. "GOOD ANSWER!" He shouted, lunging forward to tackle The Phantom as Kelly charged forward, invisible hands shooting forward to tear this masked idiot limb from limb.

Hitomi stepped back. She'd stay out of this one and stitch the idiot up afterwards.

-

The gunshots Drew Hagane's attention. "Hell" She hissed, sprinting towards the main group.

Online Now

"Hey, that hurt." Matt said as Kely hit him. After yet antohermonologe from Sam, Matt sighed. "That is the dumbest sp-"He was interupted by gunshots. Matt noticed Sam was bleeding. "I was about to tell you so, dumbass." Matt steped back. He won't involve himself in this fight unless there's a good reason. And his friend getting shot for being dumb is not a good reason.

-

"Concentration camp? What're you talking about? Hey, where're you going?!" Arthur yelled after Hagane. He heard the gunshots as well but he heard the same gunshots when they just arrived with the elivator. They weren't exactly thretening considering that the team had healing from both Glinda and Sam."Hold up!" He yelled as he ran after the drasticaly overreacting Hagane.

Online Now

@ChronoWolf: @SamJaz:

Phantom jumps back to gain some distance and points his gun and the approaching group.

Among them was FCL's Phantom, but as he approached. Though by now he took off his mask, simply because he felt no need from it after the last floor.

And as soon as he was spotted the other Phantom lowered his gun and lost any kind of fighting stance.

He was completely relaxed.

Online Now

Healed up, SamJaz tackled his sister to the ground as Sanjashi and his red-haired assistant jumped to stand alongside the other Phantom.

There was a resemblance between Himself and Hagane to this people, but it wasn't exact-

But when he saw the purple-haired young lady driving the horse and cart to the group, it was clear what was going in.

"Hitomi." SamJaz realised, looking back and forth between the seamstress and the new arrival, whose kimono's sleeves were rolled up to show toned muscles and sooty fingertips- Add the small collection of Katanas in the back of the cart, it didn't take long for everyone to put two and two together.

"They coming too?" The Blacksmith Hitomi asked the Gunslinger Phantom, looking at Sanjashi's team and FCL.

Online Now

Everyone got onto the wagon. Mostly because they were urged to do so by both of the Phantoms.

After a few dozen minutes of ride and the team arrived at a cave. They entered it, with the gun using Phantom leading them. The cave was mostly empty, a few stones there, some insects and moss. At the very end was a narrow path, completely impossible to squeeze through. But Phantom turned to the right, shooting up a large boulder that was on the ground. A few more wooden boards are moved and a narrow staircase.

It lead to a decently sized underground base, with sleeping rooms, training area, an armory and a beriefing room.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel