HELLSCRAPER RPG

Topic started by SamJaz on Feb. 8, 2013. Last post by SamJaz 8 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by SamJaz (12,748 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@ChronoWolf: @Fehafare:

"ARTHUR!" SamJaz shouted, getting Hagane's attention.

She dropped everything, charging at the wounded Mage as SamJaz avenged him. Hitomi was there in a flash, drawing medical supplies from her bag as SamJaz looked into the wound.

Organ damage. Cure wouldn't fix that.

And they were hours away from the elevator.

"Move." Hagane said, stabbing her two-pronged lance into Arthur's chest. Hitomi shouted something, but SamJaz hushed her, noticing how Hagane's eyes were moving.

Side to side, like she was reading something.

The lance had the power to convert the molecular make-up of any substance into thought data that Hagane could read and interpret. With her eidetic memory, Arthur's genetic code was internalised into Hagane's memories, ready for recall at any moment. While not a supergenius herself, Hagane wasn't that far off, qualifying as a surgeon at age nine and attaining several other PHD's in various sciences while growing up at the Shinoda Academy- a concentration camp for gifted youngsters where they were pushed to develop their abilities for the advancement of 'science'.

Hagane was glad she was able to follow Cole and Alvin and escape that hellhole. She never looked back, but was grateful for the qualifications she gained there. It made it so much easier to be recognised for her skills as a teenager first stepping out into the world. When it came to surviving in the wild, Alvin was the best. When it came to surviving in the urban jungle, Cole was incredibly socially capable.

But in the academic field?

She was a grandmaster at the acquisition and application of higher learning.

"Help her with whatever she needs." SamJaz told Hitomi as he got to his feet and drew a weapon. "I'll cover for you."

Hagane fell to her knees, creating her own scalpels and clamps as she moved through the wound, cutting out damaged flesh and using sand as base material. She reconfigured the sand at an atomic level, changing elements themselves into what she needed them to be in order to create Arthur flesh. Blood ran freely from her hands as sand flowed into her sleeves from slots in the elbows, being converted into primordial soup as it trickled down her forearm, then turning into flesh, bone and blood at her fingertips.

It was an incredible, gruesome spectacle, watching regeneration like this. It was like watching whipped cream form out of an aerosol can, perfectly moulded like putty.

Within ten minutes, Hagane was done. Slamming the new flesh on Arthur's chest to restart the heart and breathing, Hagane fell back, lying on her back as Arthur's blood pooled around her. "You guys..." She panted, looking at Hitomi. "Can fix his shirt..."

The seamstress looked at Arthur, who was now breathing, eyes catching the bloody handprint on his torso.

"Holy crap." Hitomi said eventually. "What the hell did I just witness?"

Post by Fehafare (9,348 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@SamJaz: @ChronoWolf:

While the team took care of Arthur, Phantom finished off what was left of the riders. Some were killed and some ran off in panic without their mounts, damning themselves to a slow death in the desert. After the situation calmed down the leader examined the caravan. After recovering what they could from the bandits that were slain nearby it turned out that they lost only a small insignificant amount of goods and one man.

They regrouped and continued on their path.

Post by ChronoWolf (2,230 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Fehafare: @SamJaz:

Arthurs body hurt and his vision was blured. He tried looking around as soon as his vision cleared a bit. Seeing the twe girls nearby he said: "Am I in heaven..." and as soon as he felt the heat of the sand, "or is this a new version of hell?" A smile on his face, he pushed himself up into a sitting position.

"Might I know which one administerd mouth-to-mouth?" He tried getting up, but as soon as he was upright he fell forward. He calmed down for a second, just enough to cast a healing spell on himself. Feeling much better he asked: "Now seriously, who patched me up?"

"Still in the scraper." Hitomi joked, passing Arthur a new pile of clothing. "Hagane did your flesh the patch job, here's mine. She's awesome. Also, you're part sand now or something."

SamJaz stormed past the group and intercepted the leader, pushing him into the chest.

"We are not taking another step until you explain what is going on here." SamJaz snarled, glaring the leader in the eyes. "Now a lot of people just died, Including a good friend of mine who THANKFULLY we were able to bring back but if we hadn't managed that miracle I can assure you that I would be holding your favourite two kneecaps above your head right now."

Having sucessfully gotten his anger across, SamJaz made got to the point. "This is not a desert. Those weren't real marauders we just killed, and you aren't real bedouins. This whole place is a simulacrum, a single floor of a Cower that I and my team are attacking. Now you either show us where the staircase and open it up, hurry up with whatever your challenge is, or you become the immediate past president of the being alive club."

@Fehafare: @SamJaz: "So I'm like Sandman in spiderman now?" Arthur said as he looked aound for a place to put on his new clothes without being called a nudist. To Sam's anger he replied "Calm down Sam, it's not completely his fault. But I can't say I appreciate dying sir." He said to the bedouin.

And then Matt handed him a piece of candy. "Here, I think this one serves for rehidration."

"Arthur, glad you're alive, but now is not the time to make lemonade from life's lemons." SamJaz pointed out. "I am sick of these lemons we keep getting here. Yeah. We're an invading force, but if you want us to help you out in your little desert fantasy play, then I'm going to take these lemons and Burn Your Houses Down." SamJaz laughed. "Hell, I just won a nation of genius' in a bet. I'll get them to develop a combustible lemon just to burn your houses down, unless SOMEONE feels like giving me some answers in the next five seconds!"

That was all the time Hagane needed. Fuelled by a challenge, she scooped up two handfuls of sand, and remembering the genetic formula for a lemon and adjusting it slightly, she created a volitive fruit and added a small wooden detonator pin and handed it to SamJaz, who looked at it with glee.

"Thank you Hagane." SamJaz said, grinning darkly as he turned to face the bedouins, explosive citrus in hand. "Now. Two seconds left."

Online Now

"I do not understand?" was all that leader said to Sam. Even though his statement was blunt and simple and the man obviously didn't take the threat seriously, you could see honest confusion on his face. Before the situation could escalate Phantom stepped in. "Give it up Sam, he doesn't know anything. If this truly was a show or if he was lying my eye would have reacted, but that's not the case. For i all know we might have shifted through time, who knows? But i can tell you one thing fore sure, all of this is the real deal, no mirrors, no smoke." Phantom didn't have a silver of doubt in his voice. When things like these were concerned he was always sure 100%.

Despite Sam's outburst the caravan continued and soon night came. They stopped and set up a camp. They would sleep there for the night.

Or at lest the merchants would, FCL was to stay awake and guard the camp.

@SamJaz: @Fehafare:

There was no point in all of FCL staying awake. Only one should be enough, at least until he gets bored or sleepy, so they should take shifts. Matt insisted on staying up first and would not take a no for an answer. As it happenes he had a few tents and sleeping bags in his digivice, remenants of a camping trip he had a long while ago. He and Arthur set them up and he moved a bit away from the camp.

It was extremely cold in the night. A fact about deserts he knew. Still he hoped this desert was magical and would avoid that. No such luck. Well, he had some work to do now, and will wake up the next person at the designated time.

Furious, SamJaz pocketed the explosive lemon for later use, then rummaged around in his Keychain pocket.

Newest to his collection were Ace of Hearts, Arctic Fang, Radical Nail, and the one he currently selected, Throne Room. He was unsure of this key, a large, gold key with deep notches along both sides.

Equipping it, he pointed it at a dune, and opened a portal to the world where Alvin had taken the refugees.

He'd spend the night over there, looking how everything was going. Once the sun began to rise through the base of the keyblade, SamJaz would know it was time to return to the desert and rejoin the company.

Apparently, he had time for this now.

Online Now

Phantom had no desire to sleep whatsoever. It was a habit he got as Phantom. He couldn't find Sam anywhere and given the strange event from when he visited Hitomi the last time at a hour like this he didn't really feel like talking with anyone. Instead he creates a tower of cards, 10 meters tall right in the middle of the camp. It had a small room on the top, which is where Phantom teleported.

The four walls and the roof the room were made out of transparent cards unlike the rest of the tower, so Phantom could still overlook the whole area around the camp easily. The cards also serve as heat isolation, protecting him for the cold.

He sat down and started thinking, about Hellscraper, the people he met, the progress he made and Clare.

He had a long night in front of him.

Unable to find SamJaz, Hitomi slipped into a sleeping bag, letting Phantom set up his tower. He wouldn't be getting to see Kermit tonight, even if he did come down from there.

Instead, she pulled the hood of the fabric cocoon over her head and opened up the package Santa gave her, getting acquainted with it and learning how to use it.

Hagane, on the other hand, created a tower of sand and rose up onto Phantom's tower of cards. Using her ability to manipulate matter, she broke down the adenosine in her brain, causing drowsiness, and reconstructed it as glucose elsewhere.

She rapped her knuckles onto Phantom's roof, hoping to have a word.

Online Now

"What?" Phantom replies to the knocks onto the roof of his sanctuary. He made no effort to hide his annoyance, but ignoring someone who's part of the team wouldn't be productive. Better have a bad relationship than none at all, at least if you're forced to.

He makes the top card that is ceiling disappear.

Hagane fell as gracefully as a swan piloting a blimp. Getting herself up to her feet, she admired her surroundings, using her ability to scan what substance the cards were made of. "You're creating these cards pretty easily." She commented, making polite conversation as she examined. "What kind of fuel do you use to generate them?"

Online Now

"Magic..." Phantom pressed the word through his teeth. Even though it sounded like a "Yeah, sure whatever, leave me alone." kind of answer and was probably intended to be that, it still was true. As far as the knowledge gained from the Filou went, Phantom knew that he didn't need anything for the cards. There was no resource that would get depleted and it would't tire him out if he used them.

All he had to do is want them to be and they would.

"Magic is science you don't understand." Hagane replied. "It's like saying I made Arthur's bones with Science."

Touching the cards, however, she was impressed. "So as far as you know, there is no input energy required?" She asked. "Do they have physical mass?"

Online Now

@SamJaz:

"No, and the mass is adjustable." Phantom wasn't too happy about giving out information about himself or his powers to someone whom he saw as a potential enemy, and it was obvious how forced the conversation was, but he had no choice in that matter, he couldn't just pull back now.

Hagane's neck turned so fast she could've broken it.

"Seriously?" She asked, turning back to the card and touching it. "Do you have any idea how incredible that is? You are literally creating something out of nothing- can you make a card the size of a playing card but with more mass than a car?"

Online Now

@SamJaz:

"Sure..." Phantom kept his answers as short as possible, for him this was no enjoyment.

Creating cards of different sizes and mass was easy for him, though he didn't rely on that. Neither the cutting nor the explosive cards had any need for great weight to be effective, but still, he was capable of doing it.

@Fehafare: @ChronoWolf:

"How about a card with the mass of a mountain?" Hagane asked. "With that king of raw material, I could build a city out of a single card provided by you. We could equip armies, smash through any wall, block any attack- You can create mass out of nothing, and I can reshape mass into any state or shape." Hagane laughed. "That's incredible. Why are you against this idea?" She added, looking at Phantom's masked face.

Online Now

@SamJaz:

"Because i don't want to be associated with people like you! You have no passion no goal, you just do your job and take the money, even if it means destroying someone else's life. And the worst of all? Because you hunt down who are considered "criminals" by some standard you actually think of yourself like you're on some moral high-ground even though you know nothing about the people you are condemning. It's true, i may not be the best moral guardian around but compared to you i'm a saint. People like your make me sick."

Needlessly to say the hostility in Phantom's voice reached new heights, and he actually told Hagane what he really believed instead of just hiding behind the forced small-talk.

While his speech wasn't the most objective one, no one could blame him, as Phantom he was often the target of mercenaries so his opinions of them were formed a long time ago.

The card roof was there during the whole conversation.

No one heard Phantom's outburst.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel