HELLSCRAPER OOC

Topic started by SamJaz on Feb. 7, 2013. Last post by SekiryuuteiDxD 7 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by SamJaz (12,436 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Kuma_From_Argentina: SamJaz totally would, but I'm trying to figure out what Hitomi would do. How fast would one have to run in order to avoid tentacles? Also, how effective is staying in the shadows at preventing poison from hurting you?

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,694 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@SamJaz: Really fast, a tad faster than sound, as the monster can react instanty to anything he hears, thus his reaction time is sound speed. Being in the shadows stops the toxin from extending but doesnt counteracts the symptoms, but if the one affected is strong enough his antibodies can kick the Toxin out if he isnt under direct sunlight

@Kuma_From_Argentina: So if Gen were to be wrapped in a cloak made of pure shadows..?

@SamJaz: Could work, but the cloak of shadows could be shattered?

Post by ChronoWolf (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Kuma_From_Argentina: How strong are the tentacles? Could they break through really, really thick ice? Also, making a large dome of ice could make permenant shadows (as long as it isn't clear ice), but Arthur doesn't have enough mana to make a floor and a dome.

Post by ReliusClover (784 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Phantom shouldn't have too much problems if the thing is only supersonic.

Anyway, my best idea i have for now as for the poison problem, cover the sky in giant cards providing permanent shadows for the team?

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Not shattered, but potentially torn. If you can physically grab a shadow and tear it.

@ChronoWolf: Imagine that the Tentacles were more than enough to pull Gen that could have at best 10 tons of strength.

@ReliusClover: It can react to movement at Sound Speed, but the beast can move faster once it sprung from the ground.... EDIT: Let me rephrase that, his tendrils are sound speed, the monster is faster...

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Oh yay. Do we need antidotes?

Just shove a bezoar down their throat.
Post by ReliusClover (784 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Kuma_From_Argentina: So to recap:

It reacts at sound speed and the tentacles move at the same speed, while the monster itself moves faster through the salt?

@ReliusClover: Yes and when he is out of the salt the main body moves even faster

@ChronoWolf: @ReliusClover: @Kuma_From_Argentina:

Posted. I think Hitomi might become one of my favourite characters to play as now.

@SamJaz: You should make her exposit about the being if she knows how to counteract him, if not how the heck did she get the information? In tabletop RPG this is called Meta-Game, when the Player Knowledge about a situation affects the character in the situation

@Kuma_From_Argentina: I don't think she does know. I think she just decided "Hey, we got an injured guy who just got dragged out there by a tentacle monster underneath the salt. I'm not stepping on that to put a blanket on him to protect him from sunstroke. Also, I just got power to sew darkness itself. Let's test this out."

If needed, I'll add a flashback about what happened to Jenny when she went to floor nineteen. Hitomi did go to school in this hellscraper.

@SamJaz: The flashback would be nice, or at least a mention that she already knows the creature

@Kuma_From_Argentina: I haven't decided if she has or not, but I'll probably have a "OH! YEAH!" Once she finds out a little more about it to jog her memory.

Like I said, she went to school here, not work as an expert. She doesn't even know if half the rumours are true.

@ChronoWolf: @ReliusClover:

So, it's up to you guys to make the next move on this beastie. Good Luck.

I would not want to be in Sam's place right now.

@ChronoWolf: Hey, I trust the good doc. He's got fake credentials and everything.

@SamJaz: yeah...

@ChronoWolf said:

I would not want to be in Sam's place right now.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel