Grand Grail Wars:
This is an alternate world Fate/Stay Night RP. Though you don't need to be familiar with the
Background:The city of Fuyuki has no serious importance in Japan, neither power to charm tourists. Still on roughly every 60 years a strange event takes place in secret. That is the Holy Grail War of Fuyuki. 7 mages gather and summon 7 heroes from the past, the Servants to fight a secret but brutal war of elimination. Their objective is to attain the Holy Grail, a relic rumored to grant any wish. Despite the participants are only 7 as all of them are mages with powerful Servants to fight. Due to the great power of the Holy Grail it's an event which could decide the fate of the whole world. The Holy Grail is all too promising to be missed.
For further information visit and search on this site.
Magic Circuits: The indicators of a mage's magic talent that how many Magic Circuits they have. Mages with more magic circuits have more power. An average mage has 20 magic circuits.
Magic Crest: The heritage of a mage family, the Magic Crests are the proofs of the certain family's magecraft. It has all magic knowledge they ever accumulated. It also can work as a backup Magic Circuit.
Servant: They are beings summoned especially for the Grail War. The Servants are Heroic Spirits, souls of long dead heroes from myths and legends. They usually lived back when the power of magic was widespread and thus they possess incredible abilities and feats. The Servants are special familiars and they need constant supply of magic power from their respective Master to survive. They're bound to serve their Master but they still retain the free will and the Servants can even rebel. The Servants are half-ghostly creatures and they can turn into invisible spiritual form to hide and explore. In spiritual form only other Servants can detect them but they can't fight or touch anything in that state.
Master: The mage who summons and controls a Servant. A Servant can't live without a Master for long. Each Master have a special symbol somewhere on their arm or hand. That is the Command Seal which bears special powers. Although there's a chance someone accidentally becomes a Master. They are people without the knowledge about magic.
Command Seal: The proof of someone being a Master. The Command Seal has three parts. They're the Command Spells. With each Command Spell the Masters can force the Servants to obey one command, no matter how extreme it is. Although that certain command must be instantaneous and it consumes one of the Command Spells. If a Master loses all three Command Spells, the Command Seal disappears completely and the Master loses control over the Servant. In a situation like that the Masters usually die at the hands of their Servant.
Noble Phantasm: The proof of a hero's deeds. There's always one or two object which is strongly identified with the hero. The Noble Phantasms are great magic weapons or other objects (sometimes even abilities or skills) coming directly from the legends. The Noble Phantasms are the trump cards of the Servants in the battle against each other.
You can join as either Master or Servant. The Masters are responsible for calling the Servants. There are 7 Masters and Servants. They're two different kinds of characters classes. One Master and a Servant makes a team. There are few stats which the GM(either cfatalis or willyvereb ) will give you and decide based on your character profile.
Masters' profile template:
The Masters are the leader in the group. They summon Servants to participate in the Grail War. Usually they have little fighting power. Also they generally tend to be mages with knowledge and skill in magic. Although it rarely happens that someone accidentally calls a Servant. The Masters are mostly human and compared to the Servants they're weak. Their role is to fuel the Servants with magical power and lead them. The Masters usually have the supporting role in the team.
Name: (Your character's name. Normal name, no nonsense. Be reasonable)
Age : (Your character's age in years.)
Gender: (Male or Female. regretfully plants aren't allowed.^^)
Nationality: (The nation of origin of your character)
Occupation: (Your character's job. If he/she's a mage or has any other secret job show it in brackets after the public one)
Elemental affinity:(Fire, Air, Earth, Water and Ether. They are the main elements but you could have a custom one. Maximum two elements)
Magic Circuits: (The indicator of magic power. The GM will give you this)
Magic Crest: (The indicator of magic skill and experience. The GM will give you this)
Personality: (Your character's personality explained in a few sentences.)
Short Bio: (Brief introduction and description of your character. Essential to your character.)
Skills: (The special skills your character has. Like being an expert at science or first class marksman. Just don't get overboard with it.
Magics/Spells: (If your character is a proper mage he/she can cast spells. Don't go overboard with them. They shouldn't be overpowered. If you're unsure, ask the GMs)
Some examples for Masters: Shirou, Rin, Kiritsugu, Waver, Kayneth, Kuzuki, Uryuu Illya.
Servants' profile template:
The Servants are resurrected heroes from the past with great powers. They are the fighters in the teams in general. The Servants need magical energy from their Masters to survive and they must obey them. Although it isn't rare they show rebellious attitude or openly disagree with their Master. Although as both the Servants and Masters want to obtain the Holy Grail they work together for that aim. Compared to the Masters the Servants have superhuman physical abilities, skills and powers. Each Servant possesses one Noble Phatasm. They are usually weapons which became famous along the heroes. It's rare but not totally uncommon for a Servant to have more than one Noble Phantasm. The Noble Phantasms possess great power and the Servant's trump card in battle.
Name: (The name of the historical/mythical/legendary hero of your choice)
Class: (Saber,Lancer,Archer, Rider,Berserker,Caster or Assassin. There can be only one character from each class. Be watchful.)
Stats: (Your Servant's abilities. The GM will give this after reading your bio.)
- Strength: ( Physical power of the Servant. Even E class is above human)
- Endurance: (The stamina and toughness of the Servant in battle)
- Agility: (The mobility and overall dexterity of the Servant.)
- Magic: (The magic capacity of the Servant. Determines the power of Caster class's spells and how much a Servant can use their Noble Phantasms.)
- Luck: (The overall luck of the Servant. Tragic heroes usually have quite a low stat in this.)
- Noble Phantasm: (The strength of the Noble Phantasm)
Short Bio: (A wikipedia link or something like that is fine too. Although it should be in English. Perhaps, if your Servant has a slightly different past you should write it down here.)
Skills/Abilities: (The various skills and abilities of the Servant. Also for Caster you need to list his/her spells here.)
Noble Phantasms: (usually the weapon or other belonging of the hero which made him/her famous. They possess incredible power.)
Your Servant's story could differ from the hero's original story ( Arthuria for example). History and documentation can be inaccurate sometimes. For the Servant's class here's a brief explanation:
- Saber: The Servant of the sword. They're usually legendary kings or leaders with remarkable sword skill. They're considered the strongest class though it isn't necessarily true. The Servant class (usually) has the best skill with swords amongst all classes. They're generally the best fighters. Example: Saber
- Lancer: The Servant of spear. Compared to the Saber class they are more mobile(considered to be the fastest class along with the Rider) and more fond of tactics. The Lancers are excellent fighters with the spear and fearsome in battle. Example: Lancer
- Archer: The Servant of the bow, the marksmen of the Grail War. The last member of the three knight classes. Compared to the other two the Archers have much less skill in melee and their magic resistance is obviously sub-par. They specialize in scouting and long range combat. Example: Archer(or maybe not:p)
- Rider: The mounted hero, the Rider class. They usually have some kind of mount as Noble Phantasm. The Rider class has great power at the proper use of his/her Noble Phantasm. In direct combat they're usually weaker but their Noble Phantasm compensates for that lack. Example: Rider
- Berserker: The mad warrior, Berserker class is famous for their rampages. Due to the effects of Mad Enchantment they have lost all their reasoning and fight like ferocious beasts. They're usually hard to control but possess great physical powers. Example: Berserker
- Caster: The Servant of spells, the Caster class is reserved for famous sorcerers, mages, witches or heretics. They possess great knowledge and experience in magic and their spells are vastly more powerful than a regular mage's. In turn they're the most fragile Servants in direct combat. Example: Caster
Class Skill - Item Creation: The Caster class is an expert at crafting magical formulas, potions or other items. With enough time they can create incredible crafts.
- Assassin: The Servant who always lurks in shadows, the Assassin class are the least honorable and most clouded figures. They are trained killers and famous for their routine to kill the Masters instead of directly fighting the Servants. The Assassin class possesses less power than either of the classes but compensates with underhanded tactics which a regular hero would never resort to. They're sneaky but usually loyal. The Assassin class is the most controllable. Example: TBA
For both Masters and Servants you can add an NPC Servant or Master respectively if we are short on members. The NPC Master or Servant is under your control just like your own character. Although we encourage you to find another player to play that role instead.
If you have any questions ask the GMs: cfatalis and willyvereb