Gerad Dante Poe's bios

Topic started by Levance on Oct. 6, 2011. Last post by Levance 2 years, 10 months ago.
Post by Levance (1,846 posts) See mini bio Level 12

This will be my first character based on an existing character; yeah, he is a mix of three characters

Gerad Dante Poe

Name: Gerad Dante Poe

Alias: Fiction Hunter Poe, Edgar Allan Poe, The Hunter

Appareance age: Between 20 and 30

Height: 1,80 mt

Weight: 75 Kg

Job: In real world, he is a lawyer, in the conceptual world he is a hunter of fictional creatures.

Alignment: Neutral

Original Characters in which he is based: Willard H. Wright, Ushiromiya Battler and Phoenix Wright

Personality

He is a big arrogant, however is mature enough to control himself, almost all time he stay silently hearing his oponents blabering, and usually answer with sarcastic and provocatives phrases. He is higly inteligent over a super genius, however this almost all time strikes with his arrogance. He is direct, and speak in a very detailed way, using sometimes technical terms. He is merciless, and will hunt any fictional being even if is a very good person, however he has a heart, and always allow last wishes of good persons and fulfil their roles in the society when they no longer exist (only if is something good)

Likes: Chocolates, coffee, expensive cigarettes, old movies and books, mistery and horror novels, people who is sincere.

Dislikes: Beer or any alcoholic drink, pizza, things that are too salad, cliches, arrogant fools who boast their powers and abilities.

*He is a hunter of fiction, but he do not dislike all fictional characers.

Traits

• Gerad is tirless, as he doesn't carries the concept of fatigue
  • Gerad's body is being constantly regenerated, if his whole body is destroyed it'll only take a minute to be fully recovered; the time becames shorter when he is with Healing Augment.
  • As Gerad cannot cease to exist in the normal plane, he only test his oponentes there; real battle begins when he decided that his enemy is worhty of fight to elimination in the conceptual plane.

POWERS AND ABILITES

Conceptual plane: Gerad is able to freely walk between the normal realm and the conceptual realm, he also is able to bring other people to the conceptual realm, he usually takes his oponent to fight in the conceptual realm. SOME OF HIS ABILITIES ARE ONLY USABLE IN THE CONCEPTUAL REALM. In the conceptual realm, both, he and his oponent parameters (strenght, resistance, speed, evasion, etc.) are equalized, and are at the conceptual level, and reach to the maximum level. Also attacks from anyone in the conceptual plane are unavoidable, and can only be parried or anulated with the exception of truths who are completely unavoidable, unblockable, and imposible to anulate.

Red Truth: Anything said in red is truth and no proof is needed for that, however he cannot lie in red, if he does that, he will choke, and he will be unable to finish his sentence. He can only use the Red Truth in the conceptual realm

Blue Truth: When he uses the blue truth, he creates a theory, because is it a theory, it can be truth or not. The blue truth takes the form of a conceptual stake, that impales in the oponent's body and as a conceptual weapon is unavoidable, unblockable and imposible to anulate, this is not based on power of strenght but in concept.. The oponent won't be able to retrieve the stake from his body until he destroys the theory by telling the truth, if the oponent refuses to tell the truth, the stake will be always impaled in him, and it will become the new truth. He can only use it in the conceptual realm

Psyche locks: Whenever another person tells a lie, psyche locks will cover his body, by this, Gerad will know whenever a person is lying. This is an automatical ability that exists in all realms.

Conceptual Magic: He can use magic in almost all its forms, to do whatever he wants. He is able to use it in all realms, but he limitates only to a few abilites

• Basic Magic: Allows him to use basic magic such as energy blasts, or elemental attacks; however there aren't so strong
  • Equalizer: Gerad can fly, teleport, become one with the matter, etc. but obly if his oponent is able to do the same. It can also enhance or limite some parameters of Gerad according to his oponent's
  • Weakness witness: He can imbue his sword with conceptual energy that deals damage equals or similar to his oponent weakness, however he can only do it when he knows the weakness of his oponent
  • Augment: He can use augment to enhance his body. Strenght augment (only in physical, not his sword), resistance augment (less damage for energy based attacks), defense augment (less damage for physical based attacks), speed augment (became massive FTL), evation augment (His body became more agile, so he can avoid more easily some attacks in the normal plane), barrier augment (nullifies basic attacks), armor piercing augment (he can destroy an armor with his bare fists, if the armor is too durable, his damage will reach the internal organs of his oponent without destroying the armor), healing augment (acelerates his regeneration to the point that his whole body is reconstructed in a second).

*Equalizer may contradic augments some times, this pretty much will depends of the oponent's parameters

Absolute conceptual inmortality: He can only be eliminated (killing isn't enough), and only in the conceptual plane, when he foughts in the real plane is only to test his oponents, the real fight starts when he consider his oponent to be worthy of fight in the conceptual realm. Although he can be damaged in both planes and beated by K.O., however this is almost imposible in the real world. Not even atomic destruction will kill him in the real world, even if the whole megaverse is destroyed he'll remain alive, the only way for him to be eliminated is in the conceptual plane

Endless nine barrier: A barrier surrounds Gerad, created by the concept of no existence of fictional stuff. The barrier is ranked from 1 to 9, being 9 the highest rank, able to even protect him from the attacks of the gods; He took the 9 and elevated it to the infinite. This can only be used in the conceptual realm, and only once time in a battle. There exist no way to surpass this barrier, the only exception may be a True Omnipotent.

Archbishop's black sword: Gerad's main weapon, a pitch black sword, that leaves a black trail once swinged, and a white trail when is swinged a secondly time; its ability consist in separating the truth from fiction; he can strike with the sword to any fictional attack to destroy it, also he can strike with physical hits and concptual slashs. This weapon is usable in all realms

S.S. Van Dine's Twenty wedges: Twenty laws created to define mystery, he uses it to deny the existence of "mystery's errors" for example: Van Dine's 11th: It is forbidden to a servant to be the culprit. Usable in all realms

Horror realm: When he is fighting in the conceptual realm, Gerad is able to perform an energy blow from his sword (similar to getusga tenshou), if the oponent is hitted by the blow, he will be trapped in the horror realm, where he will experiment all the horror that had been made, concepted or created by all beings, this usually will cause a traumatic shock in his oponent

The Raven: A metaphysical manifestation of Poe's story the raven; it functions as the eye that can see all, is indeed the left eye of Gerad, and allows him to see the real composition of his oponent body. Usable in all realms, however he can only see the nature of his oponent's attacks in the conceptual realm

The tell-tale heart: A metaphysical manifestation of Poe's story the tell-tale heart: it is Gerad's right eye, and allows him to see the intentions of his oponent, In the normal realm, he can see the nature of his oponent, for example: an hostile one, an smart one, etc. In the conceptual realm he can see the uncoming acts of his oponent, so it will allow him to prevent attacks and things like that.

Theatergoing Authority: By this, Gerad is able to see and interfere in the past of someone, from the conceptual plane, he can only use this ability in the conceptual realm, is activated by a glow in his hand, that simbolizes the flashback in that person's life

Origin

Writers love to create original stories, some of them has created powerful fiction characters, they inhabitat in the fictional realm (a realm where fiction resides), however by some unknown reason, fictional characters are entering in the real world (Vice verse), and inhabitating it. A Lawyer called Edgar Allan Poe, also a writer of horror and mistery, realized a research about the phenomen labeled by him as "The fiction invation", he realized that because of the unlimited imagination of people, the fiction realm, was quickly filling, so the crossing of the fiction characters to the real world was inevitable; so, Edgar decided to fight fiction with fiction, so he created a metaphysical manifestation of himself called Gerad Dante Poe, his story will consist in him inhabitating, the higher plane, the conceptual realm, and his mission was to hunt the fiction when he descends to the world. He has been known by several names, also he is the one who hunted beasts like Frankestein, or one of the many Draculas. He was nicknamed as Fiction Hunter Poe, and he search for preys, observing the world from the conceptual realm.

Post by Falken (219 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Levance: You are making another character? You should make another account for him, it easier for everybody

@Falken:Maybe, but I will have only two characters in this account, 'cause the ruler will not be used to fight. One original, and one based in other

Post by Falken (219 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Levance: That's the problem, usually for having two characters you use another account for the second one. If not it gets kind of confusing

@Falken:If I create a new account is possible for this character to be transfered to that account?

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,714 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Levance: Just copy this bio into a thread by your other account

@Kuma_From_Argentina:Wouldn't that be locked, because of duplication?

Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Falken said:

@Levance: That's the problem, usually for having two characters you use another account for the second one. If not it gets kind of confusing

It should be alright, Just use one as your main character and one as a support.  Sort of like how I have Jack as my main and only occasionally use Lan Fan.  Oh and try not to succumb to altistis, its a horrible disease.

@kashif1:Altistis? being spanish speaker, I'm not sure what does it means

@Levance said:

@kashif1:Altistis? being spanish speaker, I'm not sure what does it means

Its a term from online multiplayer games, especially prevalent in City of Heroes where most users have atleast 10 alternate accounts or "Alts"

@kashif1:Ok, I'll be aware, Lebreus will be my original and main character, when Gerad D. Poe, will be a secondary one and copied. I maybe will use him when I get temporally bored of Lebreus, or when some user refuse to fight Lebreus, because I do believe that there must be users that will find his ability as a big pain in the ass

@Levance: Just send a PM to Sonata, a he'll understand (if you didnt new about the "he" this just blowed your mind) And yes Altitis is a horrible disease I almost felt into, when I had 4 characters on the move at the same time.

@Kuma_From_Argentina said:

@Levance: Just send a PM to Sonata, a he'll understand (if you didnt new about the "he" this just blowed your mind) And yes Altitis is a horrible disease I almost felt into, when I had 4 characters on the move at the same time.

Mind blown, was always unsure about that

@kashif1: Check the Real Life Pic Thread in Off-topic subforum, there is a Sonata pics somewhere, mine is almost in the last page, I placed a lot of pics(one with my Nappa Cosplay)

Post by Sonata (35,337 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Kuma_From_Argentina: @kashif1: I said i was male in the meet the mod thread:p

@Levance: That is fine just make sure you tell people in OOC

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@Sonata: I think I knew that there were still people who didn't know you were a dude :P

ND

Another update

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Nice update

ND

Added Traits

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel