Ebisu

Topic started by Ebisu on May 25, 2011. Last post by kashif1 2 years, 3 months ago.
Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Raseri: @xXZeroXx: @Lobos_Del_Rayo: @Kuma_From_Argentina:

Jack thought about the implications of all of them being here, even if Kurai and Crow were being immature they were formidable warriors. Callis was certainly reliable even with Harumi gone but Jack could not get over the feeling that he had changed. As for Raseri, the mere fact that he was alive was huge. The man's reputation was almost worth more than his skills. Still Jack doubted that resurrection came without some sort of price. He'd ask later. Jack felt another feeling besides cold calculation, he was glad, glad that these allies, these friends, were back.

But first business. "The training and sparring rooms are still there if you guys need them," Jack informed everyone, "your rooms might be a bit dusty but they are as you left them. Please warn me if you want to bring anyone into the base, there are auto defenses on every area besides the lounge areas. This is Sarah and... Where did Carmilla go?"

Sarah suddenly found it hard to balance and felt sick to her stomach. "I think she's in the wine cellar." she said, trying not to throw up.

"Oh god," Jack said suddenly panicked. He ran towards the stair case, the last thing he needed was the resident crazy vampire pretending to be drunk.

"They're both vampires," Lan Fan explained, "Sarah isn't gonna bite but Carmy might, be careful." She helped steady Sarah who was clearly affected by her sire's drinking. "You need to lie down."

"Right." The two of them headed towards the lounge.

Post by Raseri (2,534 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@kashif1: "Cool", Raseri smiled, "So Jack, seems like you've been left with a lot of responsibility. Need any help?".

Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13

(Alright exams are done, I need to get back into this. Here be a long warmup post because I have not done creative writing in a while.)

Jack stopped for a second, "Yes actually, she wouldn't ever attack Sarah or Lan Fan but she might attack the others. You're the only one here physically stronger than her." Jack opened the door and added, "And if it actually comes to that please be gentle with her."

Jack jumped down two flights of stairs, getting to the wine cellar as quickly as he could. He opened the door at the bottom so quickly that, had the hinges not been reinforced, it would have flown straight off. He ran down the sparse hallway until he found the right door, behind it was thousands of dollars worth of alcohol, some of it was for recreational use but most of it consisted of expensive vintages saved for diplomatic purposes. He opened the door to find the ground covered in broken bottles and puddles of expensive wine. Carmilla sat in the center of the mess, wearing ratty clothing and gulping down a large bottle of vodka.

"Hey Jack."

"You forgot that Sarah feels it when you drink."

"Meh that girl needs to learn how to learn how to hold her liquor." She brought up the bottle for another drink, Jack snatched it away. "Give me that back."

"You're not going to actually get drunk, you can't. Now get up and lets go." Jack turned back towards the door. Under his breath he muttered, "I'm going to have to take an assassination contract to replace all this."

"No. I'm not listening to you anymore." She grabbed another bottle and gulped it down not caring what was in it. She threw and it shattered against the wall next to Jack. "Not until you tell me why you hate me."

She went for another bottle which Jack kicked away. "What makes you think that?"

<You really can't tell?> Miracle interjected. <She just realized that none of your teammate knew she existed.>

<Thank god you’re back. Help.> Jack silently requested.

<The hell am I supposed to say? If you think this is bad wait until she finds out that you’ve been manipulating her and your teammates so that they never met.>

“YOU’VE BEEN DOING WHAT!”

<How?!>

<Not good.> Carmilla was suddenly in front of Jack, her hands were a blur. Jack saw blood on her hands and looked down at his chest. On his armor was a large complicated sigl written in Carmilla’s blood. Jack read two parts of the spell. The second part was a counterspell, the first part was a delay. Jack’s armor vanished, he stepped back to avoid a punch to his face. He did not step back far enough.

<That was rather mean of her.> Miracle said, commenting on the sigil.

Jack sidestepped her next punch and caught her arm. He easily tossed her light frame across the cellar but she managed to land on her feet. Carmilla jumped back into the fight, her flat palm struck Jack’s chest sending him flying into a shelf full of wine.

<Forget the fact that it shuts off most of the weight reducing enchantments on your armor>

Jack felt wine seeping through his cloak and shirt, shattered glass was poking at his back. Carmilla walked to his unmoving body. Jack suddenly raised his hand and a blast of wind shot Carmilla into the wine rack opposite him.

<Delaying the spell just long enough so that you could read it and have time to remove the armor yourself was a little evil. I like her.>

The two of them stood up slowly, brushing pieces of glass off themselves. Carmilla had a small cut on her wrist, it widened and out of it a red knife formed. Jack’s own bronze blade appeared in his hand. They attacked, slashing at each other. Their blades clashed again and again, the rhythm of their strikes steadily increasing. Small superficial wounds appeared on both of their skins and then finally one of them made a big mistake.

Carmilla stepped into the growing puddle of wine and tripped, Jack took the opening. He used his free hand to knock her to the ground, his blade was at her neck. He felt Carmilla’s knife under his ribs, his blood dripped to the floor.

<So then you two, tell me this; what now?>

They both looked at each other, Jack’s knife disappeared, he rolled to the side and laid down next to Carmilla. Jack saw the various slashes on Carmilla’s skin vanish; he reached his hand out to her, she took it. “I’m sorry,” she said.

“For what?” Jack asked.

“For being difficult to take care of.”

“It’s alright.”

“No its not, how many people have I murdered that you had to cover up?” Carmilla asked.

“It doesn’t matter.”

“Yes it does.”

“About 120 each year.” Jack answered, breathing heavily. “But you stopped once you turned Sarah.”

“That happened a few months ago, you’ve put up with me for centuries.” She noticed the knife in Jack’s gut, “why haven’t you pulled it out and healed it yet?”

<When you hit him directly earlier his rib cage turned to powder and his organs turned to jelly, he used up all of his magic then.>

“Oh thank you.” His eyes were closed, he had probably fallen unconscious. Carmilla put her hand over the knife and it disintegrated, it was after all made of her blood. She placed her hand over the wound and concentrated. First she allowed the pain to flow into her, then she made the wound seal itself. She kept moving, gently touching and closing the various smaller slashes all over his body. She gently touched Jack’s forehead. His eyes opened, in front of his was Carmilla, smiling and dressed in a witch’s habit She helped Jack to his feet, “Come on, let’s get you cleaned up, then you can introduce me to your friends.”

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel