Day Seized - RP

Topic started by SamJaz on March 10, 2014. Last post by Jardsam 3 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by SamJaz (11,566 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Jardsam sprinted, a grown man wearing a brown suit and red sneakers, long coat trailing behind him in the wind as he grabbed a rose from a bush, leapt over a fountain and landed on a park bench next to a young lady who was reading a text on her phone.

"You, look wonderful today." Jardsam said with a smile, placing the rose in her fingers and a kiss on her cheek before rising from the bench with a grin and running away.

Post by Justalittlegirl (605 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Warden glanced up from the text he was pretending existed. While watching Ariana play, he had taken the image of a frustrated older sibling forced to watch her kid sister. This situation seemed more like something that would happen to his brother than him. Heck, his brother would seek this situation out. He wondered if he had accidentally chosen a similar look to somebody the man knew.

He'd better check warn him off. His arm stretched after the man for several meters, tapping him on the shoulder. In another moment he dashed up, realizing his abnormally long arm was, well, abnormally long. "Hey, creep, I don't know you, so don't be a creep, kay?" He hated to act like a teen, but hey, he looked like one.

Post by Vapovile (1,733 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Haruko was sitting on another nearby bench, drinking a cup of soda to unwind on one of her few days off. Since she wasn't expecting any sort of battles that day, she dressed in a simple attire consisting of a black tank top, a white skirt that went down just above her knees, and a pair of tan shorts underneath. She was enjoying watching the wildlife around the fountain, until she saw a strange man in a trench coat flip over it, kiss what appeared to be a guy in the cheek, and attempt to run off. Haruko blinked for a few seconds as to process what she just witnessed, then burst out laughing when she sees that it was indeed a guy, and he was now confronting his overt admirer. "Well, that's not something you see everyday. I've gotta see this!" With that last comment to herself, she gets off the bench and, still sipping on the soda, casually walks towards the scene between the two men, attempting to get within earshot while still trying to look inconspicuous.

@Vapovile: @Justalittlegirl:

"Good afternoon, potential sex offender!" Jardsam announced loudly, shaking Warden's hand. "I won't ask you why you're pretending to be a teenager, but I will ask if you like..." Jardsam pulled a small piece of rubber from his pocket, swung it through the air causing it to inflate itself, and then tied seven knots in it causing it to take the appearance of... "A donkey!" He shouted, giving the inflated animal to Warden.

Warden frowned. He was a potential sex offender? Maybe his shapeshifting skills weren't up to par and he looked more male than he thought, or more adult. He would have to improve his disguise variation. He did accept the balloon animal, however, just as Ariana, noticing the odd situation. "Who are you talking to, Ella?" Fortunate that she thought fast. He hadn't thought of a name for this form. He handed her the balloon animal. "Nobody, sis. Get back to playing." Ariana gave him a worried look and took it away. "Look, let's just forget this happened and enjoy the rest of our days. Kay?" His facade was slipping terribly and obviously, but hopefully the man was smart enough to back away from this situation.

@Justalittlegirl: @SamJaz:

Haruko had managed to get within earshot of their conversation, and found a convenient nearby bench for her to sit on. As soon as she sat down, however, she heard the strange man shout "Good afternoon, potential sex offender!", and Haruko almost lost it laughing right there. She did manage to hold it in though, much to her delight, as bursting out laughing would have revealed that she was eavesdropping on their fascinating conversation. This is so great. I love watching abnormal conversations like these.

Haruko finally finishes her soda, and finds that there are no trash cans nearby. Casually, she crumples up the paper cup in her hands, and throws it onto the roof of a nearby building. Since there was a slight amount of rain flowing through the gutters, the piece of paper gets carried down the pipe and drops down off the side of the building, onto the back of a nearby dog. The dog suddenly takes off when it felt it's back get hit by the paper cup, and bolts forward, launching the cup off it's back, and conveniently into a trash can across the street. Haruko watched the entire situation play out, and smirks to herself. Nailed it!

"Forgetting is something I am incapable of doing, one of my many flaws, alongside an inability to die or to back away from a bad idea." Jardsam announced loudly, taking warden by the shoulder and showing him the world around him, quite unaware of the form his new friend had taken and only seeing him for what he truly was.. "And while I'd love to enjoy the rest of my day, I just don't think I could rest easy unless I knew that you were doing the same!"

Jardsam moved in closer and started whispering. "Now, don't look now, but that pink haired knockout on the bench over there? She's been checking you out. Now. I need you to go over there and give her..." Jardsam reached into his pocket and withdrew a bouquet of flowers and handed them to warden. "Those, and don;t come back without her number. I'm not going anywhere until she makes you a happy man." Jardsam backed off then climbed into a nearby tree, hiding in the bushes before giving Warden a smirk and a double thumbs up. "Go on!" He hissed, grinning madly.

@SamJaz: @Vapovile: Huntsman would have killed this guy by now. He was lucky Warden was a little more stable. Still, this distraction from his duty was problematic. Perhaps it was best to just play along and hope this fool would leave him alone. He dropped all pretense of normalcy as his chest flattened and broadened, while his hair was reabsorbed along with the band that held it like the altered flesh it was. When he was finished with his transformation, he stood as a man instead of a teenage girl.

He strode over to the woman and found, to his dismay, that she seemed underage. While he himself was a child by years, he was an adult mentally and emotionally. He would have glared at the grinning buffoon behind him, but he would need an inordinate amount of eyes to get his irritation across. "Here are some flowers. If you have any complaints, take them to that dolt over there. Yes, the grinning one. Please punch him, in fact." He turned once more away to watch over Ariana.

Haruko notices that the accused sex offender and fountain leaper were whispering to each other, and sees their eyes motion their way towards her. Crud, I've been found out! Or maybe not...let's see. She then notices the man in the trench coat take out a bouquet of flowers, and unintentionally her mind goes directly go the gutter. Oh my, so forward. And with a man that he just met, too?! I'm not sure they would make a good pair though... Her perverted thoughts are immediately dashed when the long-haired man retracts his hair, and begins walking toward her with the flowers. OOooohh...they are for me. Shaking away her previous line of imagery, Haruko sits up straight, and listens to the man address her, accepting the flowers in the process.

"Aw...they are beautiful." She says innocently, deciding that she wanted to play along with their little game. Seeing that the man has now turned away from her, the seamstress looks over to the tree that Jardsam was in, and grinned to herself slightly. Eh, why not? Let's mess with this guy a bit. Picking up the flowers again, Haruko changes her expression to overjoyed girl with a smile on her face, and takes off toward the tree. She runs up it in 3 short steps, and grabs Jardsam in a tight hug with one of her arms going around his neck, linking around to her other arm, squeezing his wind pipe and constricting air flow along with her hug. "Thank you sooooooo much for the flowers!" With a sudden change of tone, Haruko whispers into his ear slightly more seriously. "And just who are you, mysterious man?" The pink-haired seamstress continues with her constricting hug, just to mess with this guy a little more.

Happy with the hug, Jardsam opened up with Haruko. "Oh, I'm just a history teacher / accountant / time traveller who's passing through the area before heading to a dinner party over in france."

He glanced at his watch. "Hm, That was roughly two hundred and twenty five years ago..." He muttered, before looking at his newfound friends. "Who likes brioche? I need a plus three!"

@SamJaz: @Vapovile:

"I'm not going anywhere with- wait, two hundred and- hmmmmmm." The past... There could be no safer place. The avatars only started being created twenty years ago. He could hide from all rivals, all those who sought to kill Ariana. She could grow up safe and then return to complete her purpose. He'd just have to slip away before they returned back to this time period. "I'd love to go." Fortunate that his travels had led him and Ariana to learn many languages, including French. "Just allow me to speak with my daughter." He'd have to brief her on his plan.

Slightly annoyed that he didn't seem to be affected at all by her choking, Haruko lets go of the strange man and steps back slightly, chuckling at his job description. "Time traveler, huh? And just how do you go about doing that?" Currently, Haruko thought that this man was completely mad. How would he be able to travel though time, and why would he need two random people that he just met off the street. Since she had nothing else to do today, the seamstress decides to keep the act up out of a sense of curiosity for what this man might have in store for them. "But anyway, I would love to go along too! And just where...or when...is this place exactly?"

Jardsam grinned, pulling a set of keys out of his pocket and squeezing a metal one.

A blue telephone box appeared out of nowhere, and Jardsam opened the door, revealing a large office space.

It was bigger on the inside.

"After you miladies." He said to Haruko, Warden and Ariana. "The king of France is expecting you for a revolutionary evening. I do hope you brought ball gowns."

Revolutionary? Considering the time period, he was expecting a French revolution, although he wasn't sure which one. No matter. He'd simply leave France, maybe go to Briton or even fly over to an island that was only inhabited 50 years ago. "I accept your invitation." He confirmed to the time traveling maniac. He paused for a moment to think. "Say, you don't know anybody else in the general time period who would happen to also have a time period, would you?"

"Revolutionary...? Heh, sounds like fun. Lead the way!" Haruko strolls into the office time machine...thing, and leans against a nearby wall. This guy is so full of himself. There is no way that this thing can travel through time. But if it can...that would be soooooo fantastic! Waitting for the other 3 to get inside of the office space, Haruko begins to casually walk around the inside of the office, inspecting all the little intricacies of the machine in front of her.

"Plenty of women, I can tell you that much." Jardsam told Warden as he flicked various switches and pushed various buttons on various consoles scattered across the office. It looked like a strange hybrid of a call centre, a space ship, and an italian restaurant on the inside, though there were half a dozen doors leading to various labyrinthian corridors. "Not for long though, what with all the lead paint." Jardsam added. "And the cholera. And the infant mortality. And the guillotines... France is a miserable place isn't it?" He asked his guests, scrunching up his face in a surprised disgust. "Change of plans!" He shouted, pulling a lever.

There was a whirring sound as the door to the park slammed shut, trapping the group inside the office. "We're going to have some fun in the sun!" He announced, pressing another switch with a flourish, before running to the front door and forcing it open.

"NASSAU!" He shouted. "Seventeen Fifteen, the capital city of the pirate republic! Founded by Hornigold, Kidd and Thatch, a place where men were free to do whatever they wanted and women were free to kick the mens heads in!"

Jardsam breathed in the Caribbean air. "Of course, it all goes down the drain when famine and sickness make it easy pickings for the British in a couple of years, but until then, who wants a drink?" He shouted to Warden, Ariana and Haruko.

@Vapovile: @SamJaz:

Warden contemplated killing his host right now and hijacking the time machine. As dangerous as revolutionary France was, it was mostly a threat to the aristocrats. Here, everybody was at risk of disease and starvation. Then he thought differently. Pirates were equal-opportunity employers, and anybody worthy could become a captain. Maybe even more. A stable position, save the capital from the problems that plagued it, make a deal with the British. History was mailable.

"Mr... um... you. Do you know who runs this place? I take an interest in history, and it'd intrigue me to talk to them." Learn their personality, copy their mannerisms, memorize their face. He'd do a lot more than talk.

Nassau? Seventeen Fifteen? There is no freaking way... Stepping out of the office time machine, Haruko looks out over the sandy beaches, pleasantly surprised by the apparent validity of this so-called time traveler. As she steps out of the office, she notices in relation to the people of the town, her attire seemed a bit less conservative than even the local pirate women. Well, I guess wearing shorts and a tank top is considered taboo in this time. Hehe, I always wondered how people would react to modern stuff. Not caring about the people around her giving her weird looks, she turns back to her three new comrade, and points toward the town. "If this is a pirate town, we should get a ship and loot other ones or something!" She was only half-joking, since this was the golden age of piracy, and nobody from this time would even remember that they were around for this one raid. Suddenly, a thought finally dawns on her, and she looks at Jardasm once more. "By the way...what is your name Mr. Time Traveler?

"Both fantastic ideas!" Jardsam said, pointing to a wooden bar built on stilts about a mile from the sandy shores. "In that Tavern you'll find Edward Thatch, discussing the finer points of democracy with his peers, Mary Read and Benjamin Hornigold."

"Now, you have to remember that Thatch hasn't quite earned the nickname of Blackbeard yet, and Mary's still posing as a male under the name of James Kidd." Jardsam warned the group. "And no one mention that Hornigold will turn traitor after Thatch's death." Jardsam shook his head there. "Sad times. Thatch had retired shortly after instituting a national health service to ensure that none got sick, the Brits hunted him down and then came here, taking away the free medicine and destroying the democracy that the citizens had, sadly, run into the ground."

"As for me, My name is Jardsam Shinoda." He introduced, before realising that he hadn't quite asked the rest of his group for their identities. "And what you your names be?" He asked, before holding out his hand for a high five from a passing blonde.

"Piss off Shinoda!' The man growled in a welsh accent.

"Great to see you too Kenway!" Jardsam laughed.

Maybe he wouldn't have to steal Thatch's shape. If it was a democracy, maybe he'd just get elected. "So it's a democracy, is it? Is an election coming up?" He felt like he could be pretty good as a pirate. He doubted other superhumans, let alone anybody fast enough to touch him, would be out on the open seas in this time period. It didn't hurt that he could probably tear a ship in half. "Also, young lady, I like your idea. A quick raid would be fun, but with this period's tech we'd be out for weeks." He doubted a pirate ship would be safe for Ariana anyway. He had a far better way to get elected anyway. He'd only have to wait a few years for the British to show up, and then... well, heroes had the advantage in election years.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel