CVnU Invasion: Antarctic Portal

Topic started by Amaranth_Strix on Jan. 23, 2014. Last post by Amaranth_Strix 10 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Amaranth_Strix (143 posts) See mini bio Level 15

CVnU Side

The world was over crowded. There were too many humans, too many mutants and not enough resources to go around. Mutants with dangerous powers were trapped in huge cities; a danger to themselves and others. Humans that wished to live in peace had no place to go without encountering yet another mutant with powers the human could never hope to compete with. It seemed as if the world was trapped in a cycle of violent clashes of increasingly scarce resources.

Disaster wasn't inevitable. Disaster was already here. A thousand tiny tragedies every day feed the endless circle of retribution and fueled a war that could only end in genocide.

But what if there was another way?

What if there was a world, a world with room, a world with infrastructure, with food.. with room?

What if there was a place to escape too?

Amaranth had discovered such a place. A world that could be the salvation of the earth.. but the cost would be high, and it must be paid in blood.

Therefore the ancient mutant had called out to every warrior, every mutant, every mastermind, every powerhouse, every assassin, every being of any influence what so ever to gather in the frigid cold of the Antarctica where a vast portal had been constructed of the living metal Zythium. It was there they would join together..

..and conquer a world.

Anime Vice Side

A silver-blue ripple sliced open the sky and spat out the Lord of War: Amaranth Strix. Slate grey nano-carbon boots slammed into the snow and a massive palm crushed ice beneath it as he landed in a crouch. The titanic warrior stood, his seven foot frame casting a tremendous shadow across the frozen tundra. His nano-carbon armor lay in segmented plates across his body, armoring the mutant shogun's superhuman body. Twin titanium revolvers hung upon his hips, eight rounds of molecularly charged depleted osmium in each cylinder. Across his back hung his trusted companion through eons of war; Armand, a blade of True Adamantium. Nicked and scared by cosmic forces beyond imagining it was six feet of grey metal that had left gods bleeding in the wake of the two hundred and ninety thousand year old crusader. A cloak of pure white surrounded him, the hood folded back exposing his violet eyes, white topknot and egyptian goatee.

The Lord of the Sword stared into the horizon, his mind filled with a mixture of purpose and regret. This world could be the salvation of his mutant brothers. Here he could complete the mission he set upon at the birth of the human race itself. However he was not ignorant of the cost. He was here to conquer this world. Rivers of blood must be shed.

It was worth it.

It had to be.

He took the first step. It was a great day. It was a terrible day.

Rules
Welcome to the CVnU Invasion of Anime Vice! The story is quite simple. Amaranth, an immortal mutant as old as the human race has opened a portal from the CVnU to Anime Vice in order to invade, and conquer the Anime Vice world. He has called out to the greatest warriors of his world to join him and carve a saga with their own hands.
This thread is the location where Amaranth's portal crosses into the AV world. This thread covers Antarctica alone. Both IC and OOC conversation is fine here :-) You are more than welcome to create your own threads and RP's for the Invasion storyline. All that I ask is that you toss an 'Invasion' tag into the title so its easy for CVer's to navagate to the right threads.
You can even counter attack the CVnU! All you need to do is hop over to Comic Vine RPG Boards. Obviously CVnU rules will apply on the Comic Vine side just as Anime Vice rules apply on the Anime Vice side. If you create a thread for the Invasion RPG on the CVnU side please add an Invasion tag to the title so the thread isn't lost in the shuffle.
Here is the Invasion Portal on the CVnU side.
Here are the CVnU rules.
Have a good time :-)
Post by Pyrogram (93 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Awesomeness. Loved the music added too, nice touch to a brilliant introduction.

Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Looks like I'm team av

Post by Sonata (35,688 posts) See mini bio Level 20

This is intriguing, it depends on what the other Vice users want to do.

Post by gambler (6 posts) See mini bio Level 7

The default avs are better. I'll say that much :D

Post by shadowknight666 (14 posts) See mini bio Level 7
(This is Cain from CV. Will make my official account soon, but until then I'll use this) Woo-Hoo! I'm not here to invade though, Just Crush you guys, drive you from your home and listen to the lamentations of your women... Kidding, except for the Lamentations part. I'm going to try and lamentate a LOT of the anime girls while I'm here* *What does Lament mean?
Post by DarkKnightDetective (6 posts) See mini bio Level 4

Ladies......Gentlemen.....You've eaten well. You've eaten this Universe's wealth, it's spirit but your feast is nearly over. From this moment on....None of you are safe.

@DarkKnightDetective: LOL That sounds like something I'd say Welcome to the Vice

@gambler: @shadowknight666: The same welcome goes to you:)

@DarkKnightDetective: @shadowknight666: @gambler: [ Welcome! Glad y'all could make it. ]

@Amaranth_Strix: Is there a power level limit?

@Sonata: [ Nope. ]

@Sonata: Why thank you chere. Your name looks oddly familiar....

@Amaranth_Strix: Awesome:)

@gambler: I was on CV about 5 or 6 years ago:)

@Sonata said:

Is there a power level limit?

Bring your big guns. We'll go down swinging

@Sonata said:

I was on CV about 5 or 6 years ago:)

Ohhhh, so you abandoned us? I feel....scorned ;P

@Sonata

Frankly I just ripped off Batman, though if it is something you would say then I can tell we're going to get along.

Post by Shadowchaos (2,939 posts) See mini bio Level 14

looks like a good chance to crush some wimps. Also seems like I need to finish Genesis since there is no power limit.

@gambler: You guys never offered me any cookies;P

@DarkKnightDetective: No doubt :)

@Sonata: [ How many posts is flood protection here, if I might ask? ]

@Sonata

Sorry, Nova is kind of the ruler of cookies. She eats all of them and doesn't share. We have to smuggle them like drugs. :p

@Shadowchaos said:

looks like a good chance to crush some wimps. Also seems like I need to finish Genesis since there is no power limit.

Confident and brash. I like that.

As soon as my account goes live, you fall first
As soon as my account goes live, you fall first
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel