Captain Rio's Bio

Topic started by Guyver on March 10, 2012. Last post by SamJaz 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by Guyver (3,406 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Captain Rio
Captain Rio

Name: Rio Fukamachi

Alias: Captain Rio

Origin: Tokyo, Japan

Race: Human(Japanese) & Aquarian

Alignment: Hero

Profession: Vigilante, Explorer, Philosopher & Author

Hair: Black

Eyes: Blue(changes to different shades of blue, depending on

mood)

Height: 5’ 11”

Childhood and Teen Years

Immediately after foiling the plots of a malevolent prince from overtaking control of the water world, Aquarii, vigilante, Sho Fukamachi,

Sho and Rain
Sho and Rain

and Aquarian Knight, Rain Caerulea, wedded before the kingdom’s citizens and her king. The long-forgotten princess would become queen; though, would later step down from her role and assign a temporary successor, at least for the meantime. The two would return to Earth, where they would reside in quaint apartment in Tokyo, Japan, to continue their work as warriors of peace.

Their role as crime-fighters would come to complete halt, when they realized that Rain was expecting a child. Hanging his gloves as the Bio-boosted Armor—known as The Guyver— Sho began working as a field worker, and later as a foreman at a community transit company, in order to make meets end with expenses. Despite being pregnant, Rain resumed her work at a nearby nursery home, until six-months.

Rio is born
Rio is born

On one fateful September night, Mr. and Mrs. Fukamachi welcomed a healthy, house-born boy to their family—half-human, half-Aquarian. They named their son Rio, which is Spanish and Portuguese for “river.” To their astonishment, the infant showed signs of water-bending during his first bath. Mainly due to stress, Rio hardened the bath water in his tub to a solid state, accidently getting his father’s hands stuck to the tub in the process. Being a hybrid, he exhibited water-based abilities that where passed down from his mother, as well as her lily-shaped birthmark, located on his right shoulder. During the time of Rio’s birth, congress passed an anti-hero act due to overwhelming mistrust by the public , which would prohibit costumed heroes and vigilantes from taking the law into their hands. Failure to comply with the law, would result in prosecution, and possibly death. The after-effects ultimately showed on the streets first. Organized crime skyrocketed within the first weeks, and by one month, cities would cripple under a montage of gritty bloodshed and the butchering of once beautiful, reputable gems.

The Fukamachi family had no other alternative, but to leave the violence-stricken Earth. They reluctantly returned to Rain’s home world, Aquarii, in search for asylum from their misunderstood past and the hatred that was portrayed by media outlets against costumed characters. Finally safe from prejudice, the Fukamachi’s enjoyed the peace and prosperity of Aquarian life. A young Rio would spend most of his days in various academies and institutes, while his parents were on environmental missions throughout the aquatic eden. He began take forming of all courses; advanced mathematics, environmental science, engineering in electronics, literature, philosophy, history, and such. Under the watchful of eyes of an Aquarian knight, Rio became

Teen Rio
Teen Rio

a student in knight training where he was introduced to fencing and water-bending. It was long before he turned out to be an exceptional swordfighter by the age of ten. And at the age of thirteen, Rio would develop an unusual fascination for justice that would gradually transform into something much greater. Reading and writing—preferably Aquarian calligraphy— were Rio’s favorite activities, in such a way, that they were the main reason for what he would mold into in the future. He adored reading novels about heroism and biographies on influential people. Heroic characters appealed to him greatly, that he wanted to become one. Having been raised into a family hero-worthy of mention, he secretly wanted to create his own legacy to coin himself into notoriety. The young boy would take different philosophies from books, memoirs, poems, and write down notes on a personal log of his. He would construct an individual on paper through writing and apply ideals that he should live by. It was almost as if he were creating his own form of Bushido Code he wanted to live by—one of commitment and sacrifice.

The Legend

The Fukamachi family returned to Earth, once tensions over the costumed hero ban cooled down. Nevertheless, it would still prove to be a dangerous life for them. The government was rounding up metahumans and individuals were extraordinary gifts, so as a precaution, Sho ordered his family not use any powers and carry out a normal life. He obligated Rio, who was now seventeen, to go to university and to desist from his fictional ideas of living a vigilante life. Having been forced to mature real quickly and become a wanted fugitive himself, the former Guyver wanted a better life for his son. Discontent at first, Rio went ahead with his father’s desires.

One day when Rio-san was walking back home from high school, he noticed five police officers horrifically beating down a costumed vigilante at a nearby park. This would be the first time he would witness the treatment of his childhood idols by the government. Enraged by what he was seeing, despite the good Samaritan having saved a life from a thug, Rio took an indecisive initiative. He singlehandedly defeated the officers, resulting in the casualty of one them by a fatal blow from Fukamachi. Alarmed by what he had just done, he fled the scene. He arrived home with tears streaming down his reddened, blue eyes and ran to his mother’s arms to explain what he had done. The emotions of fear, despair, and anger surged through his tongue as he spoke some disturbing revelations: “Today wasn’t the only time I have tasted a justified kill, mama. I took the lives of three students the other day just outside of school. They belonged to a gang, so I killed them. And the worst part…I liked it.”

He would continue: “I hate this place. It’s always cold and gray— nothing like the blue of Aquarian seas —always warm and calm. What kind of world treats the good like they’re animals, while they allow the bad run amuck? I know father wants me to live the life he wants, but I don’t think I can. I can’t just simply turn the other cheek from what’s around me and carry on with my normal, pathetic life. I don’t want this life. I’d rather turn myself in humbly and get executed publicly, than to live a life fit for cattle.”

When Sho returned from a business trip, both Rain and Rio broke the news gently as they possibly could explain it. Unfortunately, an argument ensued after between Sho and Rio. The confrontation became physical. In the end, a distraught Rio left behind two grieving parents. Finding no place in his father’s plan, the confused teen believed his best alternative was to move ahead solo. His own ambitions far surpassed that of Sho’s thoughts and that of congress’s judgment.

So with the help of a few bold souls, Rio and company built a highly-sophisticated ship. Though indifferent of his father, the Fukamachi heir loved his mother, and to show it he decorated the ship’s flag with the emblem of a blue crystal— a symbol of Aquarian knighthood. A boy becomes a man. Rio was no exception, when he took the name Captain Rio, commander of the seas and wind. His dream would finally begin taking shape, but would never end, until he achieves his ultimate goal—the revival of heroes and true justice.

Appearance

Captain Rio’s stature is slightly taller than Sho’s. He is of athletic build, that similar to a soccer player. His hair jet black and his eyes blue, like that of his mother, Rain. Depending on the mood he is in, the color shade of blue will change. If he’s pleased and relaxed, his eye color will be that of a very faint blue. And if he is stressed or angry, he will have a very shade of blue, probably navy blue. He is naturally light-skinned like his relatives, but generally appears to have a tanned skin tone. All is credited to the fact that he spends most of his days under the blazing sun. Rio inherited a lily-shaped birthmark on his right shoulder, contrary to Rain, who has it on her left ear.

The Captain generally wears mainly blue and white attire. He’ll always wear a white vest underneath a blue or white renaissance- esque coat with gold embroidery, medieval trousers with a belt, and leather boots. Unlike most pirates, Rio occasionally wears a leather bandana. From head to toe, his unique armaments(ex: swords, guns, etc.) are visibly displayed over his clothing, in order to display intimidation.

Personality

Typically quiet and expressionless, Rio lets his actions do all the talking. When he does speak, he speaks using poetic dialogue. Rarely does he ever crack a joke, and if he does, only he understands it. If the situation is permissible to smile, he’ll smile. When it comes to battles, he holds no quarry. He follows a “you better kill me, before I kill you” mantra. In a real fight, there’s no such thing as niceness or fairness. You let your guard down, you die. He follows a professional code that only he understands, and tries to make sure he doesn’t struggle against it.

Rio is obsessive with the word “hero.” It is his favorite word, but is on a quest to understand what the word true truly means. He keeps a blue journal , to record his thoughts, feelings, philosophies, inspirations, reminders, and actions, which he can’t express easily through speech. It is usually written on when he soars overseas. In his mind, he is an author narrating his own tale. The book is only reserved to be touched by him. Rio prefers not to show the contents inside it, feeling as if someone will expose his motives or possible weaknesses.

The Blue Journal
The Blue Journal

His personality towards others varies on the individual and the current situation. Rio is most compassionate with his real allies, the weak, and towards the just. That being said, if the mission is more important, he’ll be willing to compromise and possibly risk the safety of his allies for the sake of the mission. He is very picky on who he decides to officially befriend and open up to. If he doesn’t like a person’s personality, he isn’t shy to say it and keep a distance away from him or her. And if he is lied to, it will be virtually impossible to ever gain someone's trust, because the trait Rio hates the most is lying.

"You better kill me, before I kill you."
"You better kill me, before I kill you."

Personality towards the unjust is completely the opposite.He shows absolutely no mercy over when who unjustly kills a life without a justified means. In Rio’s view, the only punishment for that individual is death. Torturing is permissible, if the unjust is guilty of it. Because of Captain Rio’s misinterpreted apathy against all wrong, he is generally painted as a ruthless terrorist and anti-government; even as a radical hero among the vigilante community. But it is quite the contrary. He actually believes the system has been purposely designed to restrain people with good intentions into a small bubble of propagandic proportions, behind a “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy. Sensing that there could be a conspiracy behind the ban on costumed heroes, Rio’s only goal is to seek the truth and restore the balance.

But beyond his controversial look as a social entity, the Fukamachi prodigy has a sheltered, sensitive spot for nature. His love for Aquarii's oceans sparked an appeal to illustrate gelogical wonders through words in his journal. Colors of plants, oceans, mountains, animals, and skies were covered in his book in great detail. Gorgeous sounds and feelings of things were also desribed. His particular favorites are sunsets and the sunrise. An excerpt from his journal on sunsets and the sunrise:

Every red descent on the horizon is the end of one chapter; and every red ascension is the beginning of another chapter. I should carry my work like the sun, making sure everything that my light touches focuses on my rise. And if I were to fall and darkness were to prevail, I'd rise again! "Come at me!"

Abilities/ Weapons

Basic abilities: Rio has a human peak physique. He is as strong, as fast, and as healthy as the greatest human on Earth. He is also a master swordsman and a deadly gun-toter. Strength aside, his greatest weapon is his complex mind. Years of reading has allowed Captain Rio to become a political force to be reckoned with, because he knows which tactics to use for which particular situation. He strives as a charming, diplomatic figure to the last resistance of heroes. This is used to garner followers to help him with his cause.

Hydrokinesis: Partially belonging to the Aquarian species, water-bending is in Rio Fukamachi's blood. Though not a pureblood, his abilities are limited to simple parlor tricks. That being said, the cunning pirate uses anything he has to his disposal. He can conjure water, move it, change its state, and animate it into something alive, but temporarily. He is also capable of breathing underwater, walking over water, and swimming at speeds of up to 40 miles per hour.

Gunblades: A two-in-one deal, Rio's signature weapon is his dual-function gunblade, Oceanus and Cobalt. If he is engaged in combat, he can easily shift from using the gunblade's steel blade(Oceanus mode) to the automatic gun function(Cobalt mode) at will.

Oceanus and Cobalt
Oceanus and Cobalt

Cutlass and other guns: Aside from the gunblades, The Captain carries a wide variety of other weapons, such as the cutlass, daggers, pistols, shotguns, and sniper rifles.

The Judge
The Judge

The Judgement: The Judgement is an advanced, 20-foot long pirate ship, capable of aerial flight, overseas travel, and deep sea navigating. It is equipped with ten cannons; four on each side of the ship and two at the beak. It's maximum speed is 150 miles per second. The ship's flags are blue and white; the blue crystal being The Judgement's emblem.

The Blue Crystal
The Blue Crystal

(Still under contruction)

Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

AWESOME!!!!!! Guyver is back!

The character is awesome!

Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

"That's my boy!" Lol I was so tempted to say that in Rain's voice XD

Sweet bio dude! I like the amount of thought put into the back story. I like the names "Oceanus" and "Cobolt" for the blade and pistol, makes them sound cool XD

It'll be interesting to see Rio on on the RP threads! :D

Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Rio Vs Crow is a fight I would pay to read

Thanks guys :) Much appreciated. If I have time, I might possibly start a team In the near future.
Rio vs Crow would be sick! It'll turn out as a Mexican stand-off :p
Post by this_is_riddle (201 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Guyver: Awesome I love this character :D

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,867 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Kuro_San said:

Rio Vs Crow is a fight I would pay to read

*cough cough* Did someone say my name? ;) *Crow twirls Quicksilver on his finger smirking as his cowboy hat shades his eyes*

Thanks, man!

Post by Akage_Hana (115 posts) See mini bio Level 9

It would be interesting to see how Rio and Hana would confront one another; they've got similar personalities, but their ideologies are totally opposite :P

Post by Sonata (35,387 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I dig the flying pirate ship nicely done.

@Akage_Hana: One could imagine :p

@Sonata: Thank you, Sonata.

BUMP!

Count me in the revival of AV!

@Guyver: Cool!!XD

@Sonata:

So, will you be personally setting up some big RPG for the re-launch?

@Guyver: Right now there is a RPG going with the Inazuma City thread. I'll post in that after introduced my somewhat new character.

@Sonata:

Ok, gotcha!

@Guyver: and we are back :D

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Thumbs up You know it!

@Guyver: We can now have the fight we wanted to have in the pre time skip. It was be interesting because this time around Crow is a wanted outlaw.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel