A new Vice Tournament (Ideas only)

Topic started by Lobos_Del_Rayo on Dec. 9, 2011. Last post by Newdeath 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,868 posts) See mini bio Level 12

So with All Hell Breaks Loose the Vice-verse has it first major RP event since the reboot. I been thinking for some time now that we need to have a new tournament for the Vice featuring all characters or at least as many as possible. Now of course the idea of a tournament is very cool on paper we get to see who is the strongest character plus with get some really great and unique fights but there is some fundamental problem that come up with this. The last tournament the Vice had started out good it had a cool concept, idea, and for all purposes it was going good unfortunately because people would be busy with their own respective life some fights would get stale and that brought everything to a halt. I believe that we can pull this off again and finish it. This is just an idea thread nothing more nothing less but I do hope that we can get a solid idea down and start at the beginning of the new year.

My Idea

My idea for the new tournament would be one character that will either be a NPC one of else creates or one of our actual characters host the tournament for whatever motives we come up with, for example if Kuro-San was hosting the tournament it could be for the reason of what to observing his enemies and gathering information. The host could use the disguise of the tournament being a treat for the world so after the tragic events of Newdeath's war the tournament will be broadcast to audiences all over the world and there to a live audience at the tournament site. The rules would be simple there would be no out of bounds area but rather characters would fight in a large arena or better yet each arena would be created by the host to play to each characters strengths or weakness. We would have a main thread for brackets, rules, entries, etc.and each fight would be its own thread between the two characters fighting and occasion appearances by characters in the audience or the announcer if we choice to have one. We can enter with as many characters as we want and if our character is not one to fight directly (Kuro-San, Keith White, Zella, etc.) can use NPCs to enter in their place. This is my idea for this Tournament yeah there are some problems with this and hopefully this thread will sort out the problems and we can come up with a good idea for a tournament that will actually work.

Post by Masako_Hihashi (594 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Kuro-san could do it, and profit from the broadcast, while he tricks the world into thinking that is a charity, and he'll keep half of the profit for him...

@Masako_Hihashi: I thought this would be perfect for Kuro-san it is right up his alley using a fight between heroes and villains broadcasting it as a charity fight while he reaps the benefits like he did in Crow Must Die

Post by Masako_Hihashi (594 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: I'll start plotting the thing right now, when All Hell Break Loose ends I'll have the plot ready.... Yes a Tournament thread..... With PLOT (CHANCHANCHAAAN)

@Masako_Hihashi: Lol nice well this is just meant to be an idea thread nothing is to come of it yet there are a lot of problems we need to work out like; how to keep it from going stale from people not posting (even though Supes gave me an idea), what will the rules be, how will we randomize the fights, etc. :)

Post by Batsu (67 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: No problem

Post by Mesamia (5,109 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I should definitely return as the judgeXD

@Mesamia: Yes please do I would love for the fights to have announcers XD and a audience like in the previous tournament

Post by Mesamia (5,109 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Sure I can do that easily
Post by Maximus (2,394 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Great idea. The only problem is if someone stops posting in the battle, right? That was the problem about the last Tournament.

@Maximus: @Mesamia: Yay :D Me and Kuma are currently working on the rules and why not for the tournament. It should be up after All Hell in the new year.

Post by Maximus (2,394 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Awesome!

@Maximus: Yes it will be if you haven't any suggestions feel free to say them me and Kuma will take them into consideration.

Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Lobos_Del_Rayo: I'm in for a new torunament. 
Although I wonder if it's possible to nominate with more than 1 characters.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I'll enter the tournament with a new character. Though I initially planned for Query to be my main character, he'll just be one of my alts that I'll use. I'll create a new character once ND dies

ND

@Newdeath: Really? What made you change your mind? Query was pretty cool I love his candy based weaponry XD

Post by paladin (1,192 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Actually, I'm getting bored with Keith as well. 
Perhaps I can enjoy planning with him. It's just nowadays I barely have time for that thing. So I think I'm going to switch for someone who's much easier to manage.
Post by Sonata (35,407 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@paladin: Bored with Keith?? you barely used him;P 

I would actually like to see you used Zafira more often:)

@paladin: Personally I would love to see Vino again. His powers made him an extremely interesting character, even a revamped version would be cool :)

Post by paladin (1,192 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Oh, you barely know half of it! 
Vino is the reason why the Dinosaurs went extinct.:p
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel