Bikini Revy Figure Is SO WRONG

Topic started by gia on Feb. 26, 2010. Last post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto 3 years, 5 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

So, I stumbled upon this figure...Okay, I'm not up to date with the Black Lagoon manga in Japan, but I'm pretty close: VIZ is up to volume 8, volume 9 came out in Japan late last year, with a few more chapters released since then. But I felt very odd about the GAR-est female ever Revy wearing a bikini, so I did a quick Google search and she does, legitimately, wear a tiny bikini-- a string-tie bikini no less --in a piece of official manga art (at least, I'M pretty sure it's official-- that's Rei Hiroe's e-mail address in that box on the right).

But the art is black and white, so I'm going to throw out that I do NOT think that Revy would wear a bright pink bikini. Additionally, she's wielding the wrong kind of gun, and not only that, she's only wielding one of them. She's called "Two Hands" for a reason, people, and it's not the perverted one you're thinking about right now (yes, YOU). And her face is totally missing that hard edge-- she almost looks moe here, setting aside the cigarette.

I will give to producers Goemon that her tat looks pretty nice.

But not ¥8,800 ($96 USD) worth of nice! No sir!

Who's with me?!
Post by Sonata (35,339 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I'm on the fence with this one it looks cool, but  you are right it just feels abit off lol
Post by Morpheus (210 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I haven't read or watched any Black Lagoon,  but the pics  ive seen of Revy makes me think she should look more badass, even in a pink bikini (Which should be black or red)
Post by wwfunderaker (485 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I would prefer a figure with Revy like in the anime, this one looks ok.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
1. Revy's hair should be darker
2. Wrong gun
3. should be white bikini
4. The Boooobs are lopsided 
5. How did you know i was thinking about that?
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Well, although I don't know for sure whether it's officially nonetheless, I know for a fact that TEX-MEX is a doujin group so that might not be official art.

And yeah, that is one ugly figure.
Post by Daniella (2 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Wow. That's just... I want to punch them for bastardizing Revy.
Post by Kris (130 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I would never have known that was supposed to be Revy if it weren't for the tattoo. 
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,640 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Being VIZ published it. I wont even touch the Black Lagoon manga in the US. Who knows what they altered in that series? That being said.

This figure is all wrong. Revy uses a variety of guns. At the very least it should be a black or camo bikini. Maybe with some short-short jean shorts.
Post by Dream (7,476 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Revy in a bikini doesn't look right. Neither is that face. She looks more innocent than butch. And like rein pointed out, her boobs aren't equally proportioned.
Post by Netstryke (71 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Who the f*@#k is her and what the f@#k did they do to Revy?!
Are they trying to make her a modern day warrior princess or something?
Post by N15PCA (611 posts) See mini bio Level 13

If that's the direction the manga is takeing with the Revy character I don't know if I should be all that happy for third season to Black Lagoon anime.  That's because the anime from the first two seasons followed the manga almost to a tee.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Doesn't look like her. It's just not right!
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
I'm not going to complain seeing Revy in a bikini, i wish she was in one the whole show
Post by Nymphonomicon (33 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I don't really follow BL, so I won't nitpick the figure. It looks nice, regardless of the flaws you lot have noticed thus far... but as the OP stated, I don't know if it's nice enough for its pricetag.
Post by king_m (393 posts) See mini bio Level 6
if that's wrong then I don't want to be right
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Moe AND smoking?!? I smell conspiracy.
Post by FrozenPeak (28 posts) See mini bio Level 6
wow the person who made revy into a innocent girl with a gun should be shot. it just doesn't look right
Post by Mesamia (5,109 posts) See mini bio Level 14
This is far more disturbingXD

Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
I don't know if anyone noticed, but Revy DOES wield that assault rifle (an APS Underwater Assault Rifle of Russian make) in the anime (not as sure about the manga), noted episodes being 4 ( Die Rückkehr des Adlers) and 5 ( Eagle Hunting and Hunting Eagles). Am I spoiling anything by mentioning that? I don't think so. If I am, then feel free to (virtually) slap me upside the head.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel