This must be the easiest quest set ever...

Topic started by DocHaus on Aug. 1, 2010. Last post by fulcilivez 4 years ago.
Post by DocHaus (933 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Look, I understand that the fine folks at Whiskey gotta get paid, but seriously...handing over a whole quest set ("Next Class") just as a stupid ad for Best Buy laptops? Seems a bit lame. If you're going to do that, at the very least make the quest a bit more fun than "view someone's profile" or "use an 8+ character word on the forums."  How about "convince the Old Spice guy to mention Anime Vice in a viral YouTube video while making it sound manly?" Or "fill out information on an episode of a series you hate, then cry in shame as it becomes a guilty pleasure of yours."

I trust that no one will really need any help for this "Next Class" quest, but for those who lack the necessary two or more brain cells, here are some hints...

1. Gee, there's a text box underneath this news/opinion story on AV that I can type stuff in. I wonder what I should use it for?
  2. I'm a big boy when I use big words in my comments and posts, often ending in something that earns a warning from the moderators!
  3. Huh, what are my friends up to?
  4. Hey, look at that, [USER X] is also cruising this site! It's a good thing we follow each other, it's almost like having a real friend!
  5. Grandma, don't eat the yellow snow, try the yellow link instead!
Post by sjolle (24 posts) See mini bio Level 14
i know .. well its not that i mind easy quests but the fun ones are those where you gota think a lil about em =P
Post by ferrarimanf355 (7 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I've already made some comments, but I don't know any 8-letter words...
Post by Liminality (173 posts) See mini bio Level 5
OMGWHATHAPPENEDTOMYSPACEBUTTON?
Post by Sonata (35,424 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Finished it in 10 seconds last nightXD
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Did it in like 1 minute (while i was eating lol)
Post by megaplushie (26 posts) See mini bio Level 14
This quest is the beesknees. I wonder what the next sponsored quest will be. :P
Post by sickVisionz (4,294 posts) See mini bio Level 24
If the choice is between giving away easy XP and stay afloat or closing up shop, I side for easy XP and staying afloat.  Also, some super complex quest that almost nobody can do is probably the total opposite of what an advertiser would want.  Plus it's Best Buy.  What could they possible do for an anime site other than make us click links to their online store (which we only had to do one of). 

If you must complain, complain to Viz, Funimation, Crunchyroll, Bandai, Tokyo Pop etc for not advertising on an anime site that could create something compelling and engaging for the audience.
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Kelleth: Same here....I was the 2nd one to finish this after it first appeared yesterday. At least it is nice to see Best Buy take notice in AnimeVice and help support it.
Post by tainteddonut (45 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Perhaps the ease of this quest will mean we'll have enough participants to reach the bonus. The last few didn't seem to get enough interest.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@ShadowKnight508:  Hmmm maybe we can get sponsoring from Bol.com too!? ^^ (its practically Best Buy for me at the moment)
Post by Kahan (67 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I actually found it very challenging :p
Post by Dream (7,742 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Why not try doing a promotional tie-in for a future Quest set for anything like Rightstuf or other anime selling online stores? If possible, maybe even offer prizes for a set number of people who are the first to complete it. Could motivate more people into doing it if they get awarded something for it and it brings in consumers for those particular sites.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Every time I click on any of this quests parts, the screen go's blank white. 

Anyone mind listing the objectives of each art?
Post by ChrisGrady (1 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@Sonata: how can i become a moderator
Post by tainteddonut (45 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@hitsusatsu11 said:

" Every time I click on any of this quests parts, the screen go's blank white.  Anyone mind listing the objectives of each art? "

Profile Creeping:  Are you supposed to be here? View the profile page of any other member on the site and see what they're up to. Doing so will complete this quest.

Scientific Breakthrough:  Impress your friends and show your knowledge. Use a fancy word with more than 8 characters on the message boards to complete this quest.  

Last Night Cram:  Procrastination is made easier with the right tools. Click this link to check out Best Buy's Next Class of laptops for your college needs.  

Molecular Formula:  You are part of a larger ecosystem. If one of your friends is online at one time, you'll finish up this friendly quest.  

Lovesick Chats:  You're a big fan on the sidelines. Try commenting on any story on the site this week to show your support. Doing so will complete this quest. 
Post by Florkiss (3 posts) See mini bio Level 8
interesting )))
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@tainteddonut: Thanks, I got them already, they were the same on CV.
Post by Mutant_God (219 posts) See mini bio Level 14

people who can not do this quest are a big disappointment.
Post by FrozenCrow (4 posts) See mini bio Level 5
All I have to say is doorbells.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel