The AV Club

Topic started by asian_pride on April 26, 2010. Last post by MoonStorm 4 years, 5 months ago.
Post by asian_pride (168 posts) See mini bio Level 18
So, anyone watched some of AnimeVice's old videos to complete this quest?
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I did. I watched old con-related ones.

And then I relived some rather embarrassing Fanime videos with me in them hahaha...
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Yeah just put on various videos from years ago when i was at college.
Post by FLStyle (423 posts) See mini bio Level 12
What qualifies as old? The Fat Princess parody?
Post by Konanda (796 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@RedRoses: I thought your Yoko cosplay was quite nice.
@FLStyle said:
"What qualifies as old? The Fat Princess parody? "

90 days old counts for Rerunner. 

Anyway I just finished the set with #6. I watched pretty much everything on page 5 and older since they were there before I was on the site.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@RedRoses said:
" I did. I watched old con-related ones.  And then I relived some rather embarrassing Fanime videos with me in them hahaha... "
I wish was there with a surfboard to surf on creepy nerd drool :P

I think i got half of this quest already
@Konanda:  Thank you very much! I'll be rewearing it next Fanime as well (and again without the gun...eh)

@Kelleth: I didn't see any drool while walking around in Yoko haha. A lot of guys did want my picture but that's about it. No creepy guys tried to touch me or something.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@RedRoses:  lol i was just joking XD
@RedRoses said:
" @Konanda:  Thank you very much! I'll be rewearing it next Fanime as well (and again without the gun...eh)

@Kelleth: I didn't see any drool while walking around in Yoko haha. A lot of guys did want my picture but that's about it. No creepy guys tried to touch me or something. "

Well weapons are kind of just a pain. When I went to my first con last year (Anime North) there was a huge line in the TCC just for weapons checking and from what I heard it would take quite a while to get to the end. 

Luckily I didn't have to worry about stuff like that since I cosplayed Snow Villiers and well he just punches guys. It was strange though for the new Final Fantasy game only a few people knew who I was (granted it wasn't even released in Japan until later that year) except for people at the Final Fantasy panel and an awesome group of people from Ottawa that I ended up meeting (mainly because the girl dressed as Oerba Dia Vanille was quite adamant I should take a bunch of pictures with her, which I was more than happy to) hung out with for a good portion of the con. 

I'm going to be cosplaying as Snow again this year although the same group I met was wanting to do a mock wedding photoshoot on one of the days (since in the game Snow and Serah are engaged) so that will be interesting to be Snow but in a suit. (I'm just using the suit I use for job interviews for the summer break from university, which is fairly formal but nothing hugely standout)
@Konanda:  Yes weapons are a pain...as goes any prop really. I suck at doing them personally haha.

You cosplayed as Snow? Do you have pics? I'd love to see!
@RedRoses said:

" @Konanda:  Yes weapons are a pain...as goes any prop really. I suck at doing them personally haha.  You cosplayed as Snow? Do you have pics? I'd love to see! "

Sure most of them I uploaded on Facebook and meant to put on Photobucket but never got around to it. I have a couple on here though. I could upload some more although a bunch of them are ones the friends I met from Ottawa took. Also I don't want to derail the thread too much. If you want to see some more pics though feel free to add me on Facebook. (via PM of course) Plus uploading and posting a large amount of 2592 x 3456 JPGs is fairly frustrating when it comes to this site. (I already had one of the ones in the stack disappear during the process of making this post post)

I also have some I took at Fan Expo. (It's a multi-genre convention like San Diego Comic-Con except it's about 1/3rd by attendees of that size [it would be smaller if it wasn't for people in the Great Lakes region of the U.S. Lake Ontario and Erie in particular crossing the border])

Anyway I hope you enjoy the photos. I think it was decent for my first cosplay. The only things that bothered me too much was that since I just had some videos and screenshots to go over some of the finer details like the object wrapped around his right sleeve is not as detailed and that the mesh/undershirt thing he has isn't as ripped just due to the structural integrity of such an article of clothing not allowing it to happen and of course I'm not some huge bodybuilder so I'm not as ripped as a videogame character.

*Fun note about the pic with the two Vanilles and Lightning is that the Vanille that's not in the other pics and Lightning happened to be coincidentally just a couple rooms down from my hotel room. I only saw them twice during the con though and never got their names.      

I may need just a little more work on my poses.
I may need just a little more work on my poses.

*Sorry for double post but I'm afraid to edit the previous one in case one of the photos disappears.*

Oh and as for the backpack, which is kind of sitting there, I lack an infinitely deep invisible backpack to store some items in and so I carried a few valuable things in there instead. So when I got most pictures taken I took it off and tried to get it out of the shot so it wouldn't clash with the costume especially since it bunched up Snow's duster a bit.

Post by Whiskeyjack (111 posts) See mini bio Level 19
As much as I'm looking forward to going to Anime North this year (my first time since their first ever Anime North).. I'd like to bring this back on topic for a moment :)

Does anyone have some better hints regarding the secret quest in AV Club? I interpret the clue (and the GB forums seem to generally agree) that it's related to posting first on something. But I know I've put up the first reply to news stories, video posts, forum threads and no quest complete has popped up. Slogging through the GB forums gets a bit confusing since it seems like the quest has been altered since it originally was created for GB. They also temporarily had a "get the 300th post" quest that was quickly nixed.
@Whiskeyjack:
It is as far as im aware to post first on a video, i found and old one and did it but didnt get the quest, then did it on another old one and then got it. Seems a bit buggy
Post by Dream (7,747 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Chengy:  Did you view it from the Videos page or from a forum thread? It looks like you're only awarded credit for viewing the video if you see it through the Video page. Happened to me a few times.
@Dream:
ive watched all mine from the video page
Post by Burntlettuce (155 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Yeah it is being the first one to post on a video. I went to a old one(Through the video page) and got my achievement. 

I think it also works for posting first on news articles but I may be incorrect about that.  
I got it while looking through old videos I had never seen before and posting a comment on one of them since most older videos have 0 comments on them. (well right now)

Post by MoonStorm (360 posts) See mini bio Level 9
yep there are some short vid's that you can watch
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel