Site Updates: Introducing the Quest System

Topic started by snide on April 21, 2010. Last post by LHWKnight 3 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by Oishi_47 (221 posts) See mini bio Level 8
So, who else thinks that this may lead to people doing random stuff that they think will get them exp? In an unrelated topic, 50 inconsequential points to everyone who follows me and I think I need a ladder, two gallons of turpentine, and a duck. 
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I like it....might take a while to get used to it, but I like it. Nice work.... n_n
Post by Bigheart711 (4,120 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Epic Win!
Post by crusader8463 (739 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I will say the same thing here that I said when giant bomb added this a few weeks ago. Meh. 

I personally have zero interest in this new "feature" and to be honest am very disappointed that so much time was taken away from fixing the million or so annoying bugs that these sites are plagued with to instead go into making this fluff feature. But of course I'm in the minority on this topic, as always seems to be the case, so I will just shut up since nothing I can say or do will change the whiskey higher ups priorities.
Post by newave (102 posts) See mini bio Level 10
i like it
Post by Addfwyn (408 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I'm ruined, quests here AND on Giant Bomb?  I'm supposed to be a good little grad student. 

Cry.
Post by Sorantheman (105 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I really hope that doing these quests will bring some form of reward.
Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@oishi_47 said:
" So, who else thinks that this may lead to people doing random stuff that they think will get them exp? In an unrelated topic, 50 inconsequential points to everyone who follows me and I think I need a ladder, two gallons of turpentine, and a duck.  "
right i have some rope, half a gallon of Turps and a duck egg that might be out of date. what do you have to trade?
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,296 posts) See mini bio Level 17
nice, was wonering when it would reach here.
Post by zyn (74 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Quests have taken over!  Ahh~~
Post by BobCat (95 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I'd love to see a quest like:

HKSS Recruitment!   Recruit 10 people to join the HKSS.    And that means you! XD

Post by Oishi_47 (221 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@damswedon: What is this half-assery? While some of the items you listed have similar applications, I'd be willing to bet half a quest doesn't net me anything but some pity. Let's say, next time I need to save a cat from a tree, but I want it to end up paralyzed, I'll give you a call. 
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@crusader8463:
You aren't the only one who thinks this way. While this may be a quick, fun past time, I still would rather fix all the little bugs instead of adding this feature. But I think implementing this will help with traffic stats as seen here: http://www.whiskeymedia.com/brands.shtml 

They're probably adding stuff like this to make more people stay longer per session of each Whiskey site. This will show how traffic flow is good on these sites and advertisers may see this as a good and thus will want to advertise on these sites. So I can see adding this will help them in the long run if people constantly want to continue leveling up and questing.
Post by Netstryke (71 posts) See mini bio Level 8
are you guys thinking what I'm thinking...... 
(lol)
Post by LordAndrew (152 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Thanks for not telling me Anime Vice had quests now too. :P
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Might i suggest making a secret quest for the mods about banning people? makes thing even more fun :P
Post by Frostalicious (44 posts) See mini bio Level 13
This is really cool. I'm stumped on a few quests right now, but I'll get em eventually.
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I'm not a fan of this thing over on Giant Bomb, but all the kinks seemed to have been worked out there.  The main forums are rarely flooded with quest related threads and most of the near-empty blogs created just for XP are hidden from view.  I work the quests here the same way I do there which means if I unlock one while in the course of doing something else, then that's fine, but I won't seek to complete any.  I don't chase achievement points, trophies or Whiskey Media accolades.  Others are free to do so as they like however and I think it's good for the company's business.  But, this type of thing just isn't for me.
Post by drexler22 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1
hi
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14
lol the quest thing is confusing me a little XD
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel