New Quests

Topic started by PredatorPT on June 18, 2011. Last post by EganTheVile1 2 years, 11 months ago.
Post by PredatorPT (58 posts) See mini bio Level 20
How long has it been since Anime Vice released a new quest? I think that quests give a totally diferent dynamic to the site, and introduce many people to anime franchises that they would otherwise never hear about. What do you guys think about the lack of new quests?
Post by Sonata (35,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@PredatorPT: Actually there are plans to make new quest around here. People have to remember that AV is the red headded stepchild of the Whiskey site right now. We have to do things on our own for the time being.

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I came up with a couple that I submitted to Ethan, he seemed receptive to the ideas but guess we shall see,,, I hate to admit that what Sonata said is true, but AV is at least treated worse then the other pages... which sucks, I mean a lot of us work hard on this site, both staff and community.
Post by Sonata (35,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@EganTheVile1: Let me guess Transformers quest:P

@Sonata said:

@EganTheVile1: Let me guess Transformers quest:P

You know me too well, the 2nd was a Voltron/GoLion quest... both were in response to the new series in the case of Voltron and new movie in the case of Transformers (god I did an insane amount of work on that franchise.... even just adding characters started feeling like a chore)
Post by sickVisionz (4,256 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I had suggested a Naruto quest ages ago and did a bunch of stuff with characters, locations, concepts and some basic housekeeping of the Naruto wiki but I guess it got rejected or something because it never happened.

Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I, too, would support more quests, but I think the general reason why we weren't given more quests before was lack of activity in completing current quests, so if you wish to see more, start working on the ones we have now !
Post by obscurefan (216 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I think we have fewer quest simply because they kind of looked bad on that front page when it had that one quest about getting 1000 page views and it said "If 500 of you complete this by this date you'll get more points" and then only fifteen people would complete it, but they didn't take into account that that simply just wasn't a quest that anyone could really do, it got low turnout on all the sites, it was just on our page here it looked worse. 

I think if they changed the limits on those quest, like instead of 500 people completing it it was the first 100, then I think that's something that's achievable.
@obscurefan: But they aren't talking about those specific types of quests, they're talking about in general, the sites Quest activity just isn't that high, even considering our size. 
@fire_star: Ah, I see what you're saying, I figured that when you factor in our number of visitors and members compared to the other pages I thought were were at the same percentage as the other sites.
@obscurefan: Yeah, or that is what everyone seems to be saying. 
@fire_star: Now that I look at the percentage of members completing quest on this most of them are purple, meaning that very few of the members have completed them so you are right.
@obscurefan: I would figure that would be the case. It is a very good reason, too. 
@fire_star: Yeah I think the answer to this problem is to encourage more activity here on the page, I think your Vicer of the month blog that you did is a good idea to start it off with.
@obscurefan: That would probably the main strive here, yes. And thanks, I appreciate it a lot ! 

I think another problem is the obscurity factor, CV and GB really stick to quests that seem a bit braindead easy at times regarding the larger publishers/companies characters, Screened usually sticks to blockbuster movies, while we have some very obscure references in our quests, one of the quest answers has yet to even be associated to an anime or manga (he is an answer in the look who's talking quest)

I would tend to think, IF we do another quest it should center around a well known franchise and see if the completion rate is still so low, I think the only reason completion of the Polemon quest is so low is that one of the answer pages was deleted, so there is now a page no one knows to click as a replacement answer.

If we did a Transformers, Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Voltron or other big name franchise quest I bet the completion rate would be higher.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel