Major Fan Quest

Topic started by obscurefan on Aug. 25, 2010. Last post by Bigheart711 5 months, 1 week ago.
Post by obscurefan (216 posts) See mini bio Level 20
So the Major Fan Quest is awarded to folks who can create 1000 points on a single edit on a page, which is a pretty impressive sized edit, so I was wondering who out there has gotten this quest and what was the page you got that 1000 points on.

I got it on the Fairy Tail Guild page. What about you folks?
Post by nVision (114 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Nice work on that page! 
 I still haven't finished that  quest yet.Most of the series that I watch have pages that have already been thoroughly filled out, so it will probably be a while till I even have a chance of completing the quest.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,734 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@obscurefan: Is this for major fan or tactical nuke?
@hitsusatsu11: Actually I'd be interested in hearing about either ^^
@obscurefan: Because Tactical Nuke is for dropping a really big single submission, Major Fan is doing a lot of submissions on a single character.
@hitsusatsu11: Oh it is? Ah, I see, so to get tactical nuke you need to get 500 points in one drop and for Major Fan you have to get 1000 but you can get it over several entries. I see. Well in that case I'll just ask folks what they got on either. Thanks man.

@nVision:
Hey thanks a lot, and good luck on it, I'm sure you'll find one you can drop that large of an edit on.
Post by psicomaniatica (30 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@obscurefan said:
" @hitsusatsu11: Oh it is? Ah, I see, so to get tactical nuke you need to get 500 points in one drop and for Major Fan you have to get 1000 but you can get it over several entries. I see. Well in that case I'll just ask folks what they got on either. Thanks man.
I made several entries in  http://www.animevice.com/daisuke-ono/20-5328/ and now I have over 2000 but no major fan quest had been complete, is there something wrong with it or I made the mistake editing/adding more than one time?
@psicomaniatica said:
" @obscurefan said:
" @hitsusatsu11: Oh it is? Ah, I see, so to get tactical nuke you need to get 500 points in one drop and for Major Fan you have to get 1000 but you can get it over several entries. I see. Well in that case I'll just ask folks what they got on either. Thanks man.
I made several entries in  http://www.animevice.com/daisuke-ono/20-5328/ and now I have over 2000 but no major fan quest had been complete, is there something wrong with it or I made the mistake editing/adding more than one time? "
Honestly I think i was right the first time, because I didn't get the Major Fan quest for the Fairy Tail franchise page I did or for the Erza Scarlet page, because I broke 1000 on them over a series of edits, but on the Fairy Tail Guild page I got the 1000 points there all in one single edit and another friend of mine got the Major Fan also for dropping 1000 points all in one edit, so honestly I think you do have to do them all at once.
I thought so :( guess I will need to it again in another page, thanks for replying!!!!
@psicomaniatica: So then, what do you have to do to get the tactical nuke?
When I was editing that page I got the tactical nuke because I added 500 points in a single entry...... kind of frustrated cuz I edited some pages before that and add very much info but not luck! I think you need a big big paragraph with some pictures in it to make more point, I recommend adding lots of pics haha
@psicomaniatica: Adding pics gets you lots of points and so does linking pages together, every time you link a word to another page it gets you two or three points. My advice is to find a team, or a location like a school, or some other concept or location page that would involve a specific number of characters, then just spotlighting each character on that page with a short description and plenty of pictures of them on the page, that's what I did with the Fairy Tail Guild page and it got me plenty of points. Hope that helps.
Post by Wales (133 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Mine was when I did the first manga of the Eureka Seven manga. I broke 1,300 on a single edit.
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
OK I almost got this on comicvine but there was a thunderstorm so I posted what I had written a bit too soon out of fear of a black out and ended up with 900 something wiki points for the submission rather then a thousand  (was ultra pissed because of how much time I spent writing) This is 1,000 points in a single submission, not 1,000 accumulated over time on a single page, 1,000 in one fell swoop. My advice pick a topic that is virtually untouched write it off-line and save frequently, after cutting and pasting your text file onto the page go through and link names to other pages, add images associated with a paragraph if applicable, and write some headers to describe each paragraph 
BTW if you want an idea of just how much writing is required go to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles page on comicvine, scroll down until you reach the "Archie Adventure Series History" and continue to scroll down to the Terracide section and keep in mind, that was not enough
Post by takashichea (11,149 posts) See mini bio Level 25
I did quest by accident while working on Shaman King volume 10 on April 8, 2011:
http://www.animevice.com/the-song-of-doom/16-617/
 No pictures or links were added on this page, and I only added the plot summary and a character profile table.

I think it is easier to accumulate more points on volume pages than character pages for some reason. I thought I will complete this quest on Fairy Tail related pages, but I did it on Shaman King's pages.  [It's a good thing I took snapshots of my wall if something interesting happens on it]

Good job everyone!
tactical nuke and fan
tactical nuke and fan
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I would like to note, I did some time back nab this achievement with my work on the Starscream page.

Follow the advice I gave in my earlier post, it worked.

Post by takashichea (11,149 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Good job! He got the quest on Midora as of February 4, 2014. It has been a long time since I seen folks got this wiki quest. It's pretty challenging.

Post by taichokage (12,693 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Oh thanks Taka. I didn't even notice this.
Post by Bigheart711 (3,710 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I remember almost snagging this quest by a hair back then at Screened when I was filling in the "Anime" concept page back when I cared about these quests. Ah, good times.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel