I'm not sure how I feel about this questing thing.

Topic started by MoonStorm on April 21, 2010. Last post by Kelleth 4 years, 7 months ago.
Post by MoonStorm (360 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I mean it seem like a cool Idea but now I'm just doing some thing just for the points. It doesn't feel right. But I'm sure after a while the real easy stuff will be gone and the people who have been around longer and have contributed more will have the highest level.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I dislike the new setup
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@MoonStorm: come all ye achievement/trophy whores
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I actually like the quest feature. 

ND
Post by Sonata (35,696 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I love it as well, no I'm more addicted to the place:P
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Sonata: LOL I'm already a level 9, I just can't stop doing the quests.. :P 

ND
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@cfatalis:
yay achievments 8D i love em awesome little pictures, shame i dont get the awesome little bleep bloop when i unlock em on here :(
Post by Konanda (796 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@MoonStorm said:
"I mean it seem like a cool Idea but now I'm just doing some thing just for the points. It doesn't feel right. But I'm sure after a while the real easy stuff will be gone and the people who have been around longer and have contributed more will have the highest level. "

From my understanding the whole idea of them is to get people to explore the site more. Kind of like how the points were to incentivise people to contribute to the Wiki. However, some arbitrary number that appears in your profile isn't as engaging as turning it into more of a game where now you earn imaginary points that are more akin to the ones you get in an RPG and you constantly see the progress you've made because of these imaginary points. Plus they can also be used to better direct you to parts of the site other than the wiki. Personally I think they are a neat way to introduce the user to stuff they may have never seen before and a nice little time waster when you're bored.
Post by Nymphonomicon (33 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Any chances I can get retroactive "Wikid Addiction" credit for creating 'Science!'?
Post by Kelleth (7,798 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Nymphonomicon:  Nope it needs to be a new page not one that already existed before the feature was introduced
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel