How many quest actually have to do with anime?

Topic started by Burntlettuce on April 22, 2010. Last post by Konanda 4 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Burntlettuce (155 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Random question, but it seems like very few of the quest actually involve anime related topics. Rather there seems to be more quest that involve the site, which is cool and all but I would prefer some more that involve testing my knowledge on anime. As far as I can talk there are three sets that involve finding anime facts.
Post by Konanda (796 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Um it did just launch two days ago and the ones that have to do with the site are just the same kind of ones that are across the other wiskey media sites with quests. The reason the scavenger type quests aren't as plentiful probably has to do with the wiki not being as full compared to say Giantbomb's wiki, which probably has to do with most of the people on here being not as obssessed with the ordinary wiki points as they are on the site and the smaller user base.   

I'm going to take a guess and say it's highly likely there will be more quests that involve hunting through the wiki in the future. It's just things take time.

Post by Burntlettuce (155 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I am aware that animevice's wiki is the least updated out of the wiskey sites, so I understand why so many of the quest have to do with the wiki. I guess I got spoiled with Giant bomb's quest and how much they actually had to do with videogames, even when they were first released. 
Post by Konanda (796 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Burntlettuce said:

"I am aware that animevice's wiki is the least updated out of the wiskey sites, so I understand why so many of the quest have to do with the wiki. I guess I got spoiled with Giant bomb's quest and how much they actually had to do with videogames, even when they were first released.  "

Those had to do with searching through their wiki as well.  

Giantbomb's quests have the same generic quests of filling out pages for the wiki along with all the other quests, which don't relate to the primary interest of the site (like linking facebook or twitter) as well. They were just able to have more quests that were of the type of searching through the wiki for developer/game/composer/insert game related thing here simply because their wiki is more expansive.  
Also the system was initially made for GiantBomb, which is just a matter of Whiskey Media focusing the development of new structural features on the site, which has the largest audience so that they can get the most feedback and have a larger user base to stress test and find errors involved with the new feature. Since it's a brand new feature that isn't present in either of the sister sites of course they have to open with more since it would not be as momentous if everyone just zoomed through it due to not enough content. Animevice having a smaller user base and a smaller and generally more empty (in terms of the content/completness in each page) wiki means they probably are not going to run into people running out of quests to do as fast and they have less material to dig through in making them. The same goes if you look at ComicVine, they currently only have 3 quests which involve going through the wiki looking for creators/characters from comics plus one limited edition quest, which is also of this type. Besides that limited edition quest that is the same amount that AnimeVice currently has. That doesn't mean it will stay that way and if it moves a similar pace to the way GiantBomb's has been going I'm guessing there will probably be a new quest set  

Also keep in mind that the staff who I'm guessing are primarly the ones* who think up what should be in those scavanger type quests (hence why in the GiantBomb ones you probably saw many inside jokes or self-referential quests) and than provide these suggestions to the software engineers and the artist who figure out how to integrate that into a quest.   

I'm with you saying that more quests would be awesome but, realize that they can only put so many out at a time to keep it fresh and interesting and to have a relatively constant stream of them. (this is of course given the level of interest, which seems quite large on all of them so far) I mean if you look at Dave/snide's post about it on each of the sites he has stated that the artist they have doing the art for the quest has been working on this project ever since last October, which is over half a year. I'm sure she worked on other projects as well but that still implies to me that they have quite a buffer of quests that they will roll out at regular intervals to keep up with the development of new ones assuming their is interest in the feature. So I didn't mean to sound antagonistic or anything but instead just give it some time.

*I'm sure there is input from other employees of Whiskey Media who have their own knowledge of each particular hobby/interest relating to the site who contribute suggestions/ideas for quests as well.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel