Hints - Star of the Show

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on June 22, 2010. Last post by takashichea 3 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20
This is the official hint thread for the Star of the Show quest set, which includes the following quests:
  • Whatta Guy!
  • I Don't Like You, But I Like You.
  • Exorcise
  • Look Who's Talking
  • Oil Change

On the house hints

Whatta Guy! - The last name of one of these characters is similar to a popular condiment.
Exorcise - One of these characters reaps souls for a living.
Oil Change - Both the first and second name of one of these characters begins with the same letter.

Need more help? Ask for help or help users banging their heads on their desks here!
Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Newten  these hints are only for the most obvious ones! :D

hint on Look Who's Talking: Some are stuffed animals others not so much  :P
Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Some hints.  Depending on how much anime you've seen these will be really obvious or worthless ;)

Hope that helps.
Post by PredatorPT (58 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Whatta a Guy:
2. Gotta catch them all
3. Kamehameha 

Look Who's Talking: 
4. I can translate pokemon language.

Exorcise: 
4. The name of this character suggests he heats souls. Which is a little disturbing.
5 or 6. A demon present in nº 4's anime.

Hope that helps. Got the "Whatta a Guy" quest complete and the "I like you, but I don't like you". The stuffed animal one is stumping me, only missing the second one. The exorcise quest is really driving me crazy, I'm only missing the last 2 characters. And I'm missing the last one from the "Oil Change Quest". Anyone care to help? LOL
Post by D34dM4n (51 posts) See mini bio Level 17
i cant figure out the second "I Like You"and the second and fifth for "Look Who's Talking". any hints?
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17

the quest descriptions and the hints shown are actully terrible and incorrect. Should check them more lol
@Chengy: PM me what you would put then smarty-pants :P
Post by Iireku (9 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Look who's talking #2 is driving me crazy.

edit: not a hint, just wondering if anyone can help with it.
Post by Obsidian609 (260 posts) See mini bio Level 20
 Look Who's Talking:  

3. I wear a hat to replace what is missing on my head.
4. I follow two idiots from a gang that have been falling taking a certain yellow mouse for the past 10 years.
5. I hatched out of an egg my friend thought was a dragons egg.
Post by Whiskeyjack (111 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Chroma said:

" Ugh, I've got a few of them but yeah, this set has stumped me a little..  Also, I followed the "caped crusader" hint but when I went to this characters page nothing happened. Am I missing something? "

It's not Batman :)
But like Batman, the guy does have an alter-ego. Both have their own pages.
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

The hints do suck. But I've been able to make it through the easy ones and have #3 of Oil Change and #2 of Look Who's Talking left. Seems like everyone is stuck there like me but does anyone have suggesttions?

Post by Whiskeyjack (111 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I'm stumped with Excorcise #s 5, 7 and 8. One of those should be easy since I found the other half of a pairing, but it's not a show I watch and wikis and going through character lists brute-force style haven't turned up anything.
Look Who's Talking #2 also. Sometimes these quests are so frustrating because you think of so many good answers that aren't the ones that were settled on. On the other hand, it makes me work to remember series. Also prompted some editing when my searches for Cyborgs didn't turn up some characters I was expecting.
@sotyfan16 said:
"

The hints do suck. But I've been able to make it through the easy ones and have #3 of Oil Change and #2 of Look Who's Talking left. Seems like everyone is stuck there like me but does anyone have suggesttions?

"
I am still looking for look who's talking #2, but a hint for oil change #3 is "Cyborg"
@Iireku:
Thanks for that. And of course it would be a character from a show I don't watch..ugh.
@sotyfan16: NP, I just wish I had a better knowledge of anime plushies so I could finish this set.

Ok, so I just finished the Quest. Look Who's talking #2 has to do with the title of a season. Think about a dangerous costume.

@D34dM4n: 
I Don't Like You, But I Like You #2 - He was part of a royal family, but rejected his family and entitlement to the throne. 
Look Who's Talking #5 - I smile when I'm "_____"

@Iireku:
Look Who's Talking #2 - He's the mascot of a theme park.
Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24
@Chroma:  

@Whiskeyjack:
I'm pretty sure that all of the inner demons are mentioned, if not linked, in the articles of their hosts. 

@Obsidian609:  
Thanks for #4.  I don't know why that character didn't come to mind.
Post by Chroma (146 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@sickVisionz: Thanks, I got it. :]
Post by PredatorPT (58 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I'm only missing #2 in  "Look Who's Talking". Anyone has a hint?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel