IG Port Teases a Sequel to a 'Big Hit Series' in 2013

Topic started by YuiAsakawa on Aug. 5, 2010. Last post by Gozertc 4 years, 1 month ago.
Post by YuiAsakawa (10 posts) See mini bio Level 9

IG Port, parent company of my heroes Production IG and also XEBEC, have issued a statement of accounts containing some telling information. According to the details, a sequel is being planned to a major hit series, which we can expect in 2013, and which IG Port believes will help to recoup up to 15% of lost sales from the failures of shows such as  Hottarake no Shima ~Haruka to Mahou no Kagami~

We can also look forward to two full length theatrical releases according to the statement, although no word on what they are just yet.

Most likely candidate for the major hit series sequel? Ghost in the Shell, I'm sure. What do you think it might be?

[Via My Anime List]
Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19
GitS is the most likely candidate of big hit, then we have Tsubasa chronicles and Higashi no Eden not as big but at least had some hit  ;)
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I hope it is another installment in the Ghost in the Shell series. I have watched the movie and most of the Ghost in the Shell and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series and enjoyed them. Wonder what the 2 full theatrical releases will be?
Post by metalsnakezero (673 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I would not want GitS since its been remade and sequelized too many times to have another sequel. Not sure how popular it is but I would like a Kimi ni Todoke season 2.
Post by Sombre (113 posts) See mini bio Level 11
They've already said its SAC3
Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24
It's about time that another GitS:SAC came out.  Both seasons are pretty great.
Post by MichelleEaley (6 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I can't say no to more Ghost in the Shell.
Post by blaakmawf (59 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I sure hope it's GitS.
Post by eldiax (130 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@metalsnakezero said:

" I would not want GitS since its been remade and sequelized too many times to have another sequel. Not sure how popular it is but I would like a Kimi ni Todoke season 2. "

I agree with this, I would love to see more Kimi ni Todoke as the first season left me wanting more. 

But I can't see it happening, as Kimi ni Todoke probably isn't a "big hit series". 
Post by Draugrim (1 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I'd love more GitS, especially if created in glorious blu-ray quality HD.
Post by tainteddonut (45 posts) See mini bio Level 14
More Stand Alone Complex would be excellent.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Can't say i'm surprised. But awesome news nonetheless.
Post by ThePhilatron (7 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Ghost in the Shell SAC is probably my favorite anime. This is the best news I've heard all week.
Post by Chroma (146 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Please be Ghost in the Shell !! x]
Post by toast_in_the_shell (4 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@ThePhilatron said:
" Ghost in the Shell SAC is probably my favorite anime. This is the best news I've heard all week. "
Post by transgojobot (122 posts) See mini bio Level 2
If Kamiyama and his team are back for another go-around, then sign me up. 

GitS:SAC is a show than can easily crank out another 26-episode run or a couple more OVA/Movies. I'm basing this on the three light novels by Junichi Fujisaku that Dark Horse released some time back. There are some very interesting "stand alone" stories and a "complex" one that could easily be animated.
Post by KillerFly (8 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I'm sad to say that, aside from some random episodes of SAC, I haven't really watched Ghost in the Shell. This is good motivation to right that wrong.
Post by Pleione (7 posts) See mini bio Level 3
I would cream my panties if this is true.  GitS ftw. <3
Post by royale_alter (2 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I hope this is real 
GitS = pure awesomeness,
Post by STWNRPWNR (1 posts) See mini bio Level 4
I don't think they can top The Laughing Man, but if it is GitS it will surely make the sales they deserve.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel