Pokémon Video Game Club

Topic started by Acura_Max on Aug. 11, 2013. Last post by takashichea 3 days, 14 hours ago.
Post by Acura_Max (2,331 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

Every Pokemon leaked so far

@Bigheart711: Yes, Doublade's evolution has a shield, but it's only one sword.

Post by takashichea (11,968 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

I went on Pokemon rant on Twitter. Better post them here.

Tomorrow, I'm picking up Pokemon Y for my little sister's birthday next week. It's not a surprise since she begged me last year or so.

I haven't play the games past Platinum's generation. I just don't want to move on with the newer generations. Things got crazy.

You got Mega Evolutions, MLP cowboys, and triple battle. How do triple battles work? I like double battles, but triple is trippy.

@Acura_Max:

Holy crap! Why didn't call me out. Froakie's third tier looks awesome.

Online Now

I just love how the starters have a triangle effect. Dark > Psychic > Fighting > Dark

There is two pairs that have gender differences like Illumise and Volbeat. Pyroar is like Luxray. Bunnelby is the Bidoof/Rattata for this generation. Dedenne is our electric rat for this generation. The Pidgey archetype for X and Y doesn't look so hot like Starraptor's group.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,247 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Finally got Pokemon X and its amazing

My name is Dontey and my team right now is

• Gamabunta/Froakie Male Lv. 14
  • Ace/Fletchling Male Lv. 15
  • Lightning/Pikachu Male Lv. 12
  • Torchic Male Lv. 12

And I beat the first Gym

Online Now

@Destinyheroknight: Added you to the chart. Do you want to add your trainer ID number so other can battle you online?

@Acura_Max:

Yeah, here it is 18726

Online Now

I picked up Pokemon Y this morning. It was a huge line outside of Gamestop. Though, it's a gift for my little sister's birthday next week. My siblings share the Pokemon games. If I get free time, I probably get some action and raise my own team. I haven't play Pokemon since Platinum. It will take some adjustments especially the triple battles. I have no clue how these things work out.

Online Now

@takashichea: I see The Walking Dead. Somebody just won all the coolness points!

Online Now

@Acura_Max:

Yeah, I finally picked it up. The price finally dips under $20 for a new game. I was watching the price since last year. It was $39.99 last year then it hit $29.99 last summer. Though, I probably play it during the winter break.

Are you picking up a Pokemon game?

Online Now

@takashichea: I don't think I'm getting a pokemon game since I don't have a 3DS. I'm thinking of getting The Walking Dead game now that it is under $30 though.

Hope you enjoy the game. =)

Online Now

Source: Crunchyroll

@Destinyheroknight:

We got lucky. I feel bad for the military children.

@takashichea:

Man, I feel sorry for them. Hope they get it soon

Anyway, here a update on my team

• Gamabunta/Greninja Male Lv. 43
  • Hyourinmaru/Amaura Male Lv. 40
  • Tsume/Lucario Male Lv. 40
  • Igor/Venusaur Male Lv. 41
  • Laxus/Raichu Male Lv. 42
  • Ace/Talonflame Male Lv. 43

I have beaten four gyms now

Online Now

@Destinyheroknight:

That's awesome. You worked fast.

My little sister having a hard time picking her starters since she assumed everyone is going to pick the cool frog ninja. I told her to not pick the grass fighting type because it has too many weaknesses and it might not help out in the Elite Four. Though, I don't know the Elite Four's elemental lineup. She went with Fennekin. I think she passed the first gym, and she is working on the dex.

Can't believe Y legendary is dark and flying. I thought it would be part Dragon. You were right on your guess for the legendary deer. It's a Fairy type.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,821 posts) See mini bio Level 21

The most brilliant thing (Game-wise) happened to me yesterday: I got to start my game with my lounge buddies in a group, sitting near the GameStop that I Pre-Ordered Pokemon Y. There wasn't a long line like I thought it was, but the amount of time that I got for that moment was cherishable. Hopefully after class, it'll continue on for me. <3

Right now, I'm headed towards Gym #2and most of my Pokemon's levels are at their late twenties.

@takashichea:

Well, it probably because I been playing pokemon since I was a kid. But, I am going a little slower

I guessing game freak trying something different, since their was two gens full of Dragon legendary pokemon.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,213 posts) See mini bio Level 20

So I started a new Soulsilver playthrough. I've always loved the second gen games so it's strange that I haven't played the remakes all the way through yet.

Anyway, I decided to nickname my Pokémon this time so if anyone knows any good general nicknames (preferably elemental/type themed) let me know. I called my Cynaquil "Blaze" (I'm saving "Scorch" for Charizard) and I'm thinking of getting a Jolteon and calling it "Surge" unless I come up with something better. No idea what I'll call Lugia.

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton:

For Lugia, call her Melody. Just kidding. When I had one, I called it "Sierra Bomber" because it was white like snow, and I remember in the Pokedex or not that Lugia flied at mach speed. I had a fascination with planes. Though, I could be mistaken about the types of planes that broke the sound barrier.

@Bigheart711:

What starter did you pick?

Online Now

For those who want to see some Shinies, posted this on his Twitter: http://imgur.com/a/VZ0jQ/noscript

Thank him for a cool link.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,821 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@takashichea said:

What starter did you pick?

I picked Fennekin after all. I saw his next two evolutions and the fact that he references a Mage got me totally excited to have him in my team. I already feel satisfied, considering that my Braixen's Special Attack stat and his Speed are already in great terms. I also picked Squirtle (Which was my Gen 1 Starter from way back then, despite not playing the games until much later).

Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20

According to Serebii one can catch Charmeleon, Wartortle and Ivysaur in the Friend Safari, Which is weird because the other starters don't seem to have a place where you can get them.

Any way I am still without the game or 3DS XL, I am getting the game at the end of the month but I need to wait with the 3DS XL. Its just to much right now.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel