Pokémon Trading Card Game Club

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Aug. 4, 2013. Last post by Daniel_Newton 2 months ago.
Post by xlab3000 (1,368 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Daniel_Newton: idk the game lags a bit and freezes sometimes.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,182 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@xlab3000: It does lag occasionally but it's usually fine for me. I've never had it freeze though. It is still considered a beta so you can expect a few glitches here and there.

It's a lot of fun though! I'm sure it will keep improving with future updates.

Post by Acura_Max (2,323 posts) See mini bio Level 13

It seems like the rotation thing has no effect on the online game. My Cobalion was supposed to be unusable yesterday, but I can still use it today.

@Acura_Max said:

It seems like the rotation thing has no effect on the online game. My Cobalion was supposed to be unusable yesterday, but I can still use it today.

I don't think the rotation will be implemented until the game goes down for maintenance. Here's the info from the official site:

Scheduled Game Maintenance: 08/29/2013

• 08:00AM PDT - 06:00PM PDT
  • 03:00PM GMT - 01:00AM GMT

I originally said it would be happening on the 28th because that was the scheduled date. Looks like it was delayed a little. It also looks like we'll be getting updates to the UI in some parts of the game too, so that's cool! Details can be found here.

@Daniel_Newton: I agree the game is fun.

Hey guys, the online game has been updated! Check out the August Community Update and 1.12.31 Patch Notes for all the details.

Just pulled a Reshiram EX in a free pack, which is extra cool because I actually have this EX (full art, too!) in my real deck at the moment. I've been using the online game to help build my deck, so it's nice having the same cards on there.

Yay I finally got something decent from a pack

Damn, just realized I missed out on the daily login reward yesterday, I was too busy watching Attack on Titan! Oh well, time well spent.

@Acura_Max: Nice! I just opened a 5 card pack but I didn't get anything interesting. You win some you lose some!

In The TCG Department

Pokémon X & Y

The official site has announced that two sets, Collection X and Collection Y will be released in Japan on December 13th 2013. These two sets will create the first XY based set with cards based on the Pokémon in each game which also includes a brand new energy, the Fairy-type Energy. We'll provide more details as they're announced

Source: Serebii.net

@Acura_Max: They're also going to release an expansion (Black & White: Legendary Treasures) with a lot of reprints, so it looks like a bunch of EX cards like Mewtwo and Keldeo will stay legal.

Just completely beat the platinum league (filled up the points bar for each trainer) and it gave me four booster packs for beating the last guy! Didn't get anything too interesting in two of the packs, but the other two were decent:

@Daniel_Newton: (Jealous) I've been looking for a Hydreigon since forever!

@Acura_Max: You should keep beating the trainers in trainer challenge. Mad booster packs son!

On another note I had a go on the Magic: The Gathering demo on Steam yesterday. A lot of the principles are the same so it looks like it wouldn't be too hard to transition from Pokémon to Magic. Creatures = Pokémon, Sorcery = Trainers, and Land = Energy. The main differences I've noted so far are the game uses life points (like Yu-Gi-Oh!) instead of prize cards and Land cards provide mana energy that all of your creatures can tap into, instead of having energy attached to one creature specifically. Like Trainer cards, Sorcery cards are divided into different groups; regular spells = items, and "instants" are cards you can use any time, even during your opponents' turn to counter their moves. That's what I've seen so far anyway, there are probably other types of cards I haven't seen yet. I've only played the tutorial and one campaign battle so far.

I'll obviously be sticking to Pokémon as my main trading card game for the foreseeable future, but I'm definitely interested in checking Magic out some more.

Just so you guys know, I got rid of the deck info in the leaderboard. It was cool but honestly I tweak and change my deck so often it's just kind of a pain to keep it up to date. On the bright side you guys won't have to tell me every time you change your deck!

I found another cool card. It's one of those super rare cards and it's sadly not mine.

@Acura_Max: That's cool, not a particularly great card in the game though.

With Pokemon X and Y for 3DS drawing ever closer, fans of the Pokémon Trading Card Game will be able to experience the excitement of Generation VI in Pokémon TCG: XY. Pokémon TCG: XY – Kalos Starter Set gives players and collectors a choice of three 60-card decks, each one featuring a brand-new Pokémon: Chespin, Fennekin, or Froakie. A deluxe version of the set will also include one Pokémon TCG: Black & White Series booster pack.

The Kalos Starter Set will also debut Fairy-type Pokémon and Basic Fairy Energy into the TCG world. Fairy, the eleventh Pokémon type in the Pokémon TCG, is the first new type since Dragon was added in 2012. There are still many questions about the type, such as which Pokémon will be Fairy type and how matchups will be affected. In order to attack with Fairy-types, players will need to use Basic Fairy Energy, the ninth Energy type in the Pokémon TCG.

Pokémon TCG: XY – Kalos Starter Set is set to release on November 8th 2013. Following this, an expansion, featuring 10-card booster packs, will release in the UK on February 5th 2014. Fans can expect powerful new Pokémon, Trainer cards, and more in the XY additions. Each Kalos Starter Set deck and booster pack will include a code card that unlocks virtual cards for the Pokémon TCG Online. For more information, visit the official site andFacebook page. The new era of “Gotta Catch ’Em All” is here.

@Acura_Max: You know you should probably put that stuff in a quote block with a link to the source.

Anyway, it's interesting that there's no Dragon Energy but they decided to add Fairy Energy. I figured Fairy-Type Pokémon would probably work in the same way as Normal/Colourless and Dragon; using mixed Energy from other types.

The Fairy Energy symbol is weird, I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel