Pokémon Trading Card Game Club

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Aug. 4, 2013. Last post by Daniel_Newton 4 days, 15 hours ago.
Post by Acura_Max (2,326 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I wonder what they will do when Mega Mewtwo comes out. Mewtwo is already a really strong card by itself. It seems like a Mega Mewtwo card will be overkill.

@Daniel_Newton said:

Just opened a really good booster pack in the game:

Deoxys-EX and Flareon were both used in the world championships this year, so I'm pretty happy I pulled those. It was a free pack though, so I can't trade them. Still, great pack!

LUCKY

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,183 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Acura_Max: So I realized my deck had some cards in that won't be in the modified format when the rotation happens (August 28th in the game, I think) so I'm rebuilding my deck and have a new test deck to try out. Let me know when you're ready for a few battles :)

@Acura_Max said:

I wonder what they will do when Mega Mewtwo comes out. Mewtwo is already a really strong card by itself. It seems like a Mega Mewtwo card will be overkill.

I have a feeling they might make them like the older LV. X cards like this one. You're right about Mega Mewtwo being overkill though... although, by the time Mega cards come out the Next Destinies expansion might not be in rotation, so maybe they'll replace it with a regular Mewtwo card or something.

Oh, or maybe Mega cards will be one-off attack cards. So you could evolve Mewtwo into Mega Mewtwo for just one turn, then it gets discarded. That would be pretty cool.

After looking through the theme decks, it just seems like it might just be more worth it if I just get the booster packs instead. There's really only two cards that I want from each theme deck respectively.

I found a guy with some really good cards. Check out this sick combo

Here's another pretty card

Unfortunately these cards belong to an asshole.

@Acura_Max said:

After looking through the theme decks, it just seems like it might just be more worth it if I just get the booster packs instead. There's really only two cards that I want from each theme deck respectively.

Yeah I kind of came to the same conclusion, at least for now. The Blastoise one is still tempting though.

I found a guy with some really good cards. Check out this sick combo

Huh... the Pichu is definitely interesting. I bet matches were really crazy when that card was still in rotation.

Victini would only be useful in very specific circumstances. Better to go with some powerful EX cards, I think.

Here's another pretty card

Imagine how bling your deck would be with four gold catchers in it, it would be like playing with 50 dollar bills instead of cards!

Unfortunately these cards belong to an asshole.

That's a shame. I've only run into a couple of rude players so far, none as bad as this guy though. Good reply from you though.

EX Pull

Just pulled an EX card from a free pack! It was one of the 5-card boosters, I wasn't expecting anything! :D

@Daniel_Newton said:

EX Pull

Just pulled an EX card from a free pack! It was one of the 5-card boosters, I wasn't expecting anything! :D

Uh-oh. I wouldn't want to be the guy facing you when you pull out that card.

Check these cool cards I found while battling this other guy. However comissioned the artist for these cards must have said, "Go wild" and this was the result.

@Acura_Max said:

Uh-oh. I wouldn't want to be the guy facing you when you pull out that card.

Haha, but you probably will be! Actually, I don't have fire or water energy in my current deck, so it's pretty unlikely you'll see me use this guy any time soon, unless I built a new deck.

Check these cool cards I found while battling this other guy. However comissioned the artist for these cards must have said, "Go wild" and this was the result.

"Legend" cards are the coolest Pokémon cards I've ever seen. I love the idea of putting two pieces together to form one mega-card, it gives the artists more real estate to do the crazy shit they do.

The first thing I got off ebay when I got back into Pokémon cards however many weeks ago now was both pieces of Lugia Legend. It's one of the treasures of my collection, along with my Japanese Base set Charizard. I'll take some photos of my cards and post them here some time.

On another note; I'm building my first ever custom deck in real life right now (I've ordered some card protector sleeves and a deck box, which will hopefully arrive tomorrow so I can put my deck straight in). It's not anywhere near as good an my online deck, since I don't have a lot of great cards yet, but it will get better!

@Daniel_Newton: Those Lugia cards look amazing. It really makes me wish they continued doing that.

Can't wait to see some photos of your collection!

@Acura_Max: The current Full Art cards are the next best thing, but yeah, Legend cards are awesome.

My collection isn't as impressive as Kelleth's, but I've got a few cool cards. When I get around to taking some photos I'll let you know :)

Also, building a custom deck is kind of tough! A bunch of cards from my Psy Crusher theme deck are going out of rotation so I had to swap them out. I've thrown in some of the still-legal cards from the original base set so it looks a little crazy now, it's kind of cool though. I threw in a fancy holo grass energy I have too, you know, for style :D

Post by xlab3000 (1,393 posts) See mini bio Level 10

How can I get the Plasma Blast EX cards?

@xlab3000: You get them from the booster packs. Since the booster packs are random, you have to be lucky to get them.

@Acura_Max: Do I have to put in booster credits(or codes) or pay for it on the game itself. I'm new to the game.

@xlab3000: You don't need to pay anything. The game supplies you with tokens that you can use to buy the booster packs. Everyday, they give you 15 tokens at a certain time and 10 more if you battle someone online afterwards. On certain days, they will give you a free booster pack.

@Acura_Max: thank you for the advice.

Hey guys, I've changed the format of the member list/leaderboard. You can now feature your main Pokémon in your deck (upto four) so when you have time, post your latest info and I'll update the first post :)

@xlab3000: So do you want to join the club? Post your info (check the first post) if you do!

@Daniel_Newton:

Deck Name: Tough Steel

Energy Type: Grass (one grass pokemon in the entire deck), metal, fighting

Main Pokemon: Cobalion, KlingKlang, Scizor

Now that I think about it, my fighting pokemon are pretty useless. I'm probably going to remove all of them later.

@Acura_Max: You'll want to take that Cobalion out, too. It's being rotated out, and as far as I know it hasn't been reprinted in a new set.

@Daniel_Newton:

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel