Pokémon Trading Card Game Club

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Aug. 4, 2013. Last post by Daniel_Newton 1 month, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Daniel_Newton: Thanks Guess I lucked out then.

I just checked think I still got the boosters for each Pokemon set from Base Set to Ruby & Sapphire in one line xD

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Kelleth said:

I just checked think I still got the boosters for each Pokemon set from Base Set to Ruby & Sapphire in one line xD

Nice, you should take a picture of that :P

@Daniel_Newton: Meh :P

Any how I should be getting 5 boosters tomorrow. I hope that I can build a custom deck soon.

@Kelleth: Cool, which set?

@Daniel_Newton: They are the standard gift boosters for beginners so I have honestly no idea.

These apparently, Sadly not to many good cards, Serperior is the best I got.

Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I just had a battle that ended in a sudden death for the second time. This time, I was fast enough to catch a screenshot of it. I was lucky that it happened. I had thought I had lost for sure.

@Kelleth: That's a nice mix of boosters. Shame you didn't get many good pulls. But hey, you win some you lose some.

@Acura_Max: Sudden death? How does that work? Were you down to a few cards each in your decks or something?

@Daniel_Newton: In that battle in the screencap, my opponent and I only had one prize card left. When he knocked out my pokemon, his attack had a recoil that knocked out his pokemon as well. Then sudden death was initiated. During sudden death, they restart the battle, but you and your opponent only have only prize card.

@Acura_Max: Ha, yeah I guess the recoil would make that match a draw. I didn't know there was a sudden death round though, cool.

The new Plasma Blast packs and theme decks are out and I am pumped after taking a look at the theme decks. I think I want to save up for a Solar Strike theme deck, but the Mind Wipe one looks good too.

The booster pack have some great stuff too. For example, Dialga EX has an 4 colorless energy cost attack that not only does 90 damage, but also discards the top card of opponent's deck for each plasma energy attached to the card. Jirachi EX lets you search your deck for a supporter card using its pokemon power. Haxorus is able to knock out any team Plasma Pokemon instantly and does 40 damage for each metal energy attached to it. Silver Bangle gives +30 damage to non-EX pokemon. Genesect-EX gets a card that gives it a 200 damage attack and one that allows it to snipe pokemon on the bench. There's also a Volcarona that looks really tough to kill. It has an attack that can heal 50 hp and a pokemon power that lets it search the top of your deck for Team Plasma cards. There's a Blastoise that lets you stack all the water energy to your pokemon as long as you have them in your hand. Also, I don't know why this water pokemon needs grass energy but it does.

TL;DR

The new expansion looks pretty solid. Now I'm not sure if I want to save up for a theme deck or a booster pack.

Found one of the new cards in my first match

@Acura_Max: There are definitely some solid cards in Plasma Blast, enough to mix things up quite a bit. From what I've heard/read everyone is excited about the idea of a Genesect-EX deck with Virizion-EX and the Genesect support cards.

I'd like to pick one of these up, seems like really good value and ideal for someone like me who's just got back into Pokémon cards and wants to build a good deck:

@Acura_Max: Up for a battle?

Post by SamJaz (11,198 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Online Now

I would love to show off my Infernape/Magnezone deck here, but I keep trading my online codes for more cards. =(

@SamJaz: Yay another player! Post your details and I'll add them to the first post.

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton: Soz, I'm offline only. plays though.

@SamJaz: Oh, you meant you trade your codes for ACTUAL cards, haha, my bad. You know you get plenty of free cards in the online game right? You can always play against people with theme decks or earn tokens and booster packs in the game to build custom decks.

Want me to add you as a club member anyway? This isn't just a club for the online game, it's for the trading card game in general.

You can still show off your Infernape/Magnezone deck, you'll just have to take photos of it or tell us what cards are in it :P

Online Now

Sure, another time.

Just opened a really good booster pack in the game:

Deoxys-EX and Flareon were both used in the world championships this year, so I'm pretty happy I pulled those. It was a free pack though, so I can't trade them. Still, great pack!

Hey I'm testing a deck right now, up for a match?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel