Pokemon, For Those Who Can't Move On

Topic started by gia on March 1, 2010. Last post by Stevemagegod 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by JackSukeru (402 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@Konanda: I don't have a problem with adding new ways to evolve pokemon, it's just when they start messing with it's older generation's pokemon and there isn't any way to evolve it in the previous game(s). This just end's up with them having to add a rare item, of wich there is usually only one in each game, that will have to be added into every game from that point forward. Just seems a bit messy, that's all. 

It's different from the elemental stones which usually can evolve more than one pokemon, Making an item for one purpose only and then only giving it to you at a specific point, I'm not that into that. 

Also as I mentioned, some of those evolutions seem almost impossible to find on your own. Though I can see the charm in it working with some friends figuring it out, only you could just turn to the internet I guess. Really though? level up this pokemon in this mountain? teach it ancient power and level it up?  

...wait I changed my mind, it's cool. forget all that other stuff I said.
Post by ZachTheAnimeGeek (76 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Lol well my first pokemon game was Pokemon Ruby. I have played Yellow and Gold/Silver though but i got them later on off of ebay. I personally like the remakes and the newer stuff.
Post by Renk (19 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Ah, good old Red version. So many memories of powering through the game with my Blastoise only. Screw leveling all the others; They were just HM mules anyways. To this day, that's still the only pokemon I ever got to lvl.100 =P At least my teams are more balanced nowadays.

All in all, I haven't really enjoyed the Pokemon games nearly as much since the days of Gold and Silver. EV training has pretty much took the fun out of competitive play, and the last couple generations of added Pokemon have been stretching it a bit. Of course, here I am saying this as my Soul Silver pre-order Lugia figure is staring at me from the shelf ^^;
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,289 posts) See mini bio Level 17
this game was epic, but i still think GSC was better. Typhlosion FTW!
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@Devilly said:
" 0:08 O god that reminds me Where the hell are my badges? T_T "
I still have the badges I earned in the pokemon league at my local library. :P (I didn't get them all ;_;)
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Void_Wizard said:
" @Devilly said:
" 0:08 O god that reminds me Where the hell are my badges? T_T "
I still have the badges I earned in the pokemon league at my local library. :P (I didn't get them all ;_;) "
I have them all except for the Johto badges from those i only have the the Zephyr Badge, Hive Badge and the Plain Badge. Actually i should have said ''had'' because i can`t find them. i can`t even find my Gym Leader T-shirt. T_T
Post by sora_thekey (1,097 posts) See mini bio Level 16

0_0!
Post by Konanda (796 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@RockmanBionics said:
" @Konanda: I don't have a problem with adding new ways to evolve pokemon, it's just when they start messing with it's older generation's pokemon and there isn't any way to evolve it in the previous game(s). This just end's up with them having to add a rare item, of wich there is usually only one in each game, that will have to be added into every game from that point forward. Just seems a bit messy, that's all.  It's different from the elemental stones which usually can evolve more than one pokemon, Making an item for one purpose only and then only giving it to you at a specific point, I'm not that into that.  Also as I mentioned, some of those evolutions seem almost impossible to find on your own. Though I can see the charm in it working with some friends figuring it out, only you could just turn to the internet I guess. Really though? level up this pokemon in this mountain? teach it ancient power and level it up?  ...wait I changed my mind, it's cool. forget all that other stuff I said. "

:)
Post by Papasan (160 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... 

I almost cried Nerd-Tears!!! 

I found quite a lot of old Pokemon stuff in my closet. + both my old GB and Supervision both don`t work any more (rip)
 I found quite a lot of old Pokemon stuff in my closet. + both my old GB and Supervision both don`t work any more (rip)
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
All this song needs is his mother telling him that it's lights out, followed by him playing pokemon by moonlight... like I did as a child. Never sucked to be grounded; thank you Pokemon Blue. P.S. I got you because I liked Sandshrew
Post by BobCat (95 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Of course, we never did get around to making this version....

Who ever said that Red is not compatible with the DS needs to try harder XD
 Who ever said that Red is not compatible with the DS needs to try harder XD
Post by JackSukeru (402 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I just finished playing through Fire Red. I had bought it to get a few more pokemon to transfer into Diamond but stopped about 60% through. Now I finished it up so that I could get Moltres and company only to find out that you can only get Mewtwo if you get all 149 other pokemon, and I can't do that unless I get pokemon from Leaf Green. 

Sure, I have a friend I might be able to convince to help me out, but then we would need advances and a link cable too, such a hassle!
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
The "before ditto was used for sex" line cracked me up. So true. I used to think of it as a pokemon, now its just an object... a used, battered object.

But yeah, I can understand some nostalgia for the simple effectiveness of the original games. If only it were possible for them to get an entirely fresh start, and disconnect the entire prior flock. Well, of course they won't do it, but I love how ArcSystems made BlazBlue since they were tired of player expectations/previous character/mythos holding them back (in the guilty gear series)
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17
I played them up until like Crystal, then realised for some magical reason, they were pretty much the same game, so pretty much stopped playing them alltogether, though then they took the piss and actully re released the same games with different graphics, Epic Fail.

They should just make an up to date game of it, on say the Wii, xbox and Ps3, with actual real graphics and include all the pokemon and continents up until now, that might be "MIGHT" be a good pokemon game.

With online play could be great.
@Oneesama:  Relax it was a joke XD

Post by SilvarusLupus (22 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Some asshole stole my Red, Blue, Gold, and Silver versions when I was at summer camp. T_T I miss my Blue so much. Even though my Hall of Fame record was really glitched really badly.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,182 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@SilvarusLupus said:
" Some asshole stole my Red, Blue, Gold, and Silver versions when I was at summer camp. T_T I miss my Blue so much. Even though my Hall of Fame record was really glitched really badly. "
Ah I feel your pain, I had a PSP with Tekken in it stolen once. Bad times. Oh and I lost every old Pokemon game I had, and I had a LOT of them.
But hey, they went and remade red and blue, and now there are remakes of gold and silver, so I'm happy. And if I really do want to play the originals, I can play them on emulators on my DS or my PSP so it's all good.

Being the strange sort-of-game-collector that I am though I would love to own them all again properly. But I like having the boxes, Pokemon games in their boxes in good considition are pricey...

@Chengy said:
" I played them up until like Crystal, then realised for some magical reason, they were pretty much the same game, so pretty much stopped playing them alltogether, though then they took the piss and actully re released the same games with different graphics, Epic Fail.  They should just make an up to date game of it, on say the Wii, xbox and Ps3, with actual real graphics and include all the pokemon and continents up until now, that might be "MIGHT" be a good pokemon game.  With online play could be great. "
Everyone has wanted something like that for years but we may aswell face it, it will never happen. Or if it does Nintendo will propably do it horribly wrong. Or get it right but everyone will cheat >.>
Actually that's exactly why it can't be done. The Pokemon games have been hacked to hell and the Wii has too, so unless they somehow released it on the 360 or PS3, which will NEVER happen, it will just be full of cheaters and hackers.

It might be possible on Nintendo's NEXT console, emphasis on might.
Post by Midnightdetectives (18 posts) See mini bio Level 7

What a great post and video Gia. Thank you for putting it up!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel