Japan Gets New Pokecenter, Toys'r'Us Gets New Pokesection

Topic started by gia on Feb. 11, 2009. Last post by lycan1781 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

...Damn, I hate it when I come up with a headline so awesome and descriptive that I barely even need to type up the actual article!

But there you have it: ICv2 reports that Toys'r'Us is expanding Pokemon's presence in its stores. There are new display areas (particularly in the video game departments), and the Toys'r'Us in Times Square will have a dedicated Pokemon Boutique.

Somehow, that name seems completely not right. Shouldn't it be a Poketique? Or better yet, a Pokezaar? Well, anyway, I TOLD YOU IT WASN'T OVER.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
o_o So does that means most Toys R Us stores are gonna have Pokecenters (or whatever they wanna name it)? Daaaang. I cannot believe the series is still living after soooo long. I only know a couple kids who watch it.

*coughs I'd totally go to my local one if I can buy a bunch of first season Pokemon plushies coughs*
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
RedRoses said:
"*coughs I'd totally go to my local one if I can buy a bunch of first season Pokemon plushies coughs*"
Everyone wishes they had a squirtle.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Psh! My starter Pokemon was always Charmander despite the first few gym leaders not being weak against fire. I'll always <3 Charmander (and fire types).

/dorky Pokemon moment
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Why does america always get the poke stuff.....
o yeah cuz we stopped with it :( too bad i was a TGC gymleader 9 years ago T_T
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
damn, how many license to print money those Nintendo have. Let see the Wii, DS Lite, DSi, Pokemon and other stuff that i forgot.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
WIth a word like "Pokecenter" in the title I expect a more exciting picture to go with it. Ha, I keed.
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Is it across the globe?
Post by OkazukiIchigo (350 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Yays! I have a Toys'r'us store around here
Post by DarkShaper (76 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Good to see pokemon still going strong. I still play the games and i'm in Highschool
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
How this new generation of kids keeps up with the new Pokemons is beyond me.
Post by rocketbomber (226 posts) See mini bio Level 9
and in this vein, can we refer to Gia as our Pokorréspondent?
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I don't know if I like where this is headed. I don't have to sleep in one of those little red balls, do I? 
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
yaaaaaaaay
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
No, no, no. We'll let you choose your own color pokeball.
Post by lycan1781 (4 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Slinger said:
"RedRoses said:
"*coughs I'd totally go to my local one if I can buy a bunch of first season Pokemon plushies coughs*"
Everyone wishes they had a squirtle."

If Charmander rules the world, Why can it "die" if the fire on its tail runs out!!!!

Also, the new generation keeps up with Pokemon beacuse older gerneration people turn on to Cartoon Network, or leave shiny cards lying around, which automatically gets kids excited.
Since the cards are not scary looking( Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic), have steroided people (sports), or are extremely confusing to play with (Digimon or everything else), they like the cards.  Also, the games are still extremely interactive and fun.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel